USA NT 2019

• she is the best OPP that USA has righ now.

• I was watching last night a couple of matches of USA NT for the past WCH and watching very close to Lloyd’s sets decisions and precision. Maybe it’s me , but I get the feeling that The fast game is in her very own nature. However , Ive got the impression that once she feels the pressure and is pushed to go faster and faster , then she starts making silly mistakes and therefore bad setting decisions. I don’t like to compare players to each other , as each one is a whole different world and style , but seems to me that Alisha’s shoes will be hard to be filled out. I eager to watch how Micha and Carlini ( which for me is the closest one to Glass’ style ) evolve into this roll these upcoming years....

• I was watching last night a couple of matches of USA NT for the past WCH and watching very close to Lloyd’s sets decisions and precision. Maybe it’s me , but I get the feeling that The fast game is in her very own nature. However , Ive got the impression that once she feels the pressure and is pushed to go faster and faster , then she starts making silly mistakes and therefore bad setting decisions. I don’t like to compare players to each other , as each one is a whole different world and style , but seems to me that Alisha’s shoes will be hard to be filled out. I eager to watch how Micha and Carlini ( which for me is the closest one to Glass’ style ) evolve into this roll these upcoming years....

You're right about Lloyd. Her touch is a bit longer, she has very steady hands btw, so it's harder to set as fast as Karch wants. Having to think all the time, that she has to set as fast as possible, instead of thinking what the best possible solution in the situation would be, for sure makes it harder for her to focus

• For the setters, Jordyn Poulter is also worth you guys' attention. She just graduated from UIUC this winter and is playing at Chieri right now. Chieri is one of the bottom teams in the Italian Serie A1, but you can sense that Poulter has really elevate the game ever since she joined the team. I am not sure if Karch will give her a chance this summer, but I think she has really stepped out and showed her strength recently.

• I know it will sound harsh and Alisha’s fans will attack me but it is disrespectful to mention her name as if she was a legend, she used doping, again DOPING. We don’t know if she would perform as she used to without doping. She was a cheater. Accept it.

It is also very clever of her to make it sound like she is done with traveling and stuff while she got caught and forced to quit.

I was surprised when she started coaching young kids at a college. How can a cheater can get to teach young kids?

Some users will say that she didn’t bla bla bla.

• Why are you bringing Alisha into the discussion? Also Gamova and Startseva were caught doping and yet nobody neglects their accomplishments

• I don't think she was forced to quit, there was a list with several athletes,also volleyball players like Birarelli and Popovic. I also remember that there had been rumors about her retirement before this happened.

I'm against doping of course, but I don't think it can help setters' skills that much. I'm not an expert, though :D

• Doping thing aside Alisha was the only USA setter that could play that ridiculous system that Karch invented and she basically was the reason why USA won gold medal at World Championship in 2014. I thought that Carli could be a good substitude for her but unfortuntely after the injury her level dropped quite bit IMHO. Carlini and Hancock are just not at this level yet.

• I don't think she was forced to quit, there was a list with several athletes,also volleyball players like Birarelli and Popovic. I also remember that there had been rumors about her retirement before this happened.

I'm against doping of course, but I don't think it can help setters' skills that much. I'm not an expert, though :D

Lol. So doping for setters should be allowed. It can’t help them anyway. Lol.

• Doping thing aside Alisha was the only USA setter that could play that ridiculous system that Karch invented and she basically was the reason why USA won gold medal at World Championship in 2014. I thought that Carli could be a good substitude for her but unfortuntely after the injury her level dropped quite bit IMHO. Carlini and Hancock are just not at this level yet.

Alisha was just an avarage setter. The only system she could fit in was the system Karch invented. Her setting skills was pretty awful, she couldn’t even set to antenna in her club teams.

• I remember that list but there are other possible explanations for testing positive for a banned substance than simply "cheating." Maybe she used the drug just once for medical reasons and didn't know it enhanced performance or maybe it was recently banned and she hadn't heard about it, etc. Remember Antonijevic and Sylla were banned from the ECH for "cheating" but that wasn't their fault at all.

I'm not some massive Glass fan (though I admired her skill) but my point is I'm not going to judge if I don't know all the details as is the case here. What is definitely true is that she played some great volleyball and the US NT hasn't been the same since she left.

• Seeing how Carlini, Lloyd and Hancock perform, I'm kinda scared for the team.

I was actually pretty impressed with Hancock earlier in the season, I thought she was doing a great job. Her performance has dropped off a bit lately, but in general she has improved a lot.

Carlini has obviously showed nothing that would indicate she should be the starter on NT, but then again, US NT doesn't have an Egonu on it, so it might cause her to reevaluate her approach to the game.

• How do you know that she was doping while she was playing? According to the hacked records, the only time she was using drugs was way back in 2010, and that was for medical use. The docs that the Russian hackers released are all the records of players who had applied for medical use of banned substance, that's completely legal and confidential in protection of the players. Where's your source and proof when you accuse a player with such words?

• How do you know that she was doping while she was playing? According to the hacked records, the only time she was using drugs was way back in 2010, and that was for medical use. The docs that the Russian hackers released are all the records of players who had applied for medical use of banned substance, that's completely legal and confidential in protection of the players. Where's your source and proof when you accuse a player with such words?

Oh, hey Alisha, what’s up? Lol