Italy - Serie A1 2019/20

• "her teammates and her team are all stupid"

Liked by beri and serdar. Surprise, surprise.

• Meanwhile, the whole italian terrotory has been declared red zone few minutes ago. The Premier signed the law decree and it will be effective at 00:00.

Since tomorrow:

Schools and universities closed till april 3.

No more sport till april 3.

Poeple can go out or move just to go to work, in cases of extreme necessity or health reasons.

Ban on gathering outdoors and in public places.

https://www.tgcom24.mediaset.i…ia_15930734-202002a.shtml

So far:

-7985 infected

-463 deaths

-724 healed

https://www.tgcom24.mediaset.i…ti_15921532-202002a.shtml

Anyway, who cares? Let's go playing volleyball with crovolley, de Kruijf and Sylla.

• Matthias you should lock this thread and all threads where are they mentioning Corona until situation is calm down.

They are not stoping and they will not.

• forget this all for real.

I wish to send you prayers but I'm not a religious person... BUT you have my thoughts, stay strong and safe. Let's hope the same for us and the rest of the world.

• ey Muhammad Bin Salman of volley country Matthias do you think there are some actions you need to take? Or are you just happy sitting as the only admin around in your forum?

He is probably going to say, we're bullying Crovolley for his opinions again and sip on his tea from his throne :obey::lol:

Everyone immediately: YASS GREAT MOD. :rose:

Edit: I know no one would want me anyway, but after these couple days tbh I'd never want to be mod here thinking about it tbh.

FYI, I have a life outside the forum. And besides, it's fucking NOT MY FORUM!

Either way, what would be the point of me trying to "take some actions"? Like that's going to change anything in this hellhole that once was a volleyball forum :gone:

• according to this, the number of infected people reached 9172:white::what:https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/

• It counts 7985 active cases + 1187 closed cases (724 recovered and 463 deaths) = 9172 cases.

You must not be a dumb jock :rolll:

• Schools and universities closed till april 3.

No more sport till april 3.

Poeple can go out or move just to go to work, in cases of extreme necessity or health reasons.

Ban on gathering outdoors and in public places.

Is the ban also valid for public transport in the cities?

It's really sad to read that :(

Looks like the league might nit be back this year. FIVB won't cancel VNL because they have signed contracts with sponsors and federations.

• I think it goes to far calling people stupid if you don't know them in real life. It is very sad what is going on in Italy right now, but de kruijf said the following thing on twitter:

For people telling me, our health is more important than wanting to play a game.
    I agree! But I believe that us playing without an audience won’t put anyone at any more risk than other people do by going to their regular job.
    Don’t forget its not just for fun, these are OUR jobs

I think she is right here. Why should other people go to their work and why can't they?

My point is that everyone must be able to say their own opinion without other people calling them stupid --> freedom of speech

• Is the ban also valid for public transport in the cities?

It's really sad to read that :(

Looks like the league might nit be back this year. FIVB won't cancel VNL because they have signed contracts with sponsors and federations.

I don't know yet, but I hope so. It's just too risky.

Meanwhile, 4000 + people - only in the Region of Liguria - denounced themselves for escaping from the red zones and the quarantine (spreading the virus there) because they are now scared of the fines or to go to jail. Damn jerks: they should have just stayed home. :aww:

• Yes, it's their job, but let's not compare volleyball players to doctors and nurses on this matters. We can give up a volleyball game - unless were are called crovolley - but we can't give up on doctors or other people working in the offices. The country won't collapse if a volleyball player won't do his job for a month or two, but it would if all the other professional figures can't.

Soon enough, if these measures won't be effective, pubs, restaurants and all the commercial activities may be forced to stay closed too. Don't think playing with closed doors is the solution: football has been doing that for a while and still a football player was tested positive to the virus.

• Why are you guys still responding to the troll? It is clear by now that the troll is desperate for his favorite team to win everything and doesn't care any less about the flu and the deaths as long as his favorite team can win it all. We all know the narrative by now. Stop feeding the troll. Let it talk bullshit all it wants. Y'all be getting mad at the troll but keep on responding to it. Leave it alone in his delusional world.

OTOH, I am wishing the best for Italy. Here in my country we don't have any death yet and the health department doing a very good job of treating all those who are infected. It is sad to see how this virus affected so many aspects in the world. People are let go off their jobs, restaurants closing, e-hailing workers are struggling, and so on. People's lives are at stakes here. Just a reminder to everyone to always wash your hands, wear protective masks, and stay safe.

• I was trying to keep myself from commenting in this mess and I'll try not to add fire to this, but with all due respect to Robin, she's an elite athlete with a very high salary. She can afford to not work. Besides, she'll probably keep receiving her salary even while not playing. I get that she wants to continue working, but using the argument "oh but lots of other people are working, why can't I?" is, quite honestly, extremely insensitive. Other people, common people, need to work. Their livelihood's on the line. I bet Robin or anyone else in Imoco don't worry about money. Not to mention the country would stop full-time if everyone stopped working, and by everyone I mean people in crucial professions like those in health services, transportation, food-related services etc. Volleyball is far, far below in the list of things that matter at the moment.

• I was trying to keep myself from commenting in this mess and I'll try not to add fire to this, but with all due respect to Robin, she's an elite athlete with a very high salary. She can afford to not work. Besides, she'll probably keep receiving her salary even while not playing. I get that she wants to continue working, but using the argument "oh but lots of other people are working, why can't I?" is, quite honestly, extremely insensitive. Other people, common people, need to work. Their livelihood's on the line. I bet Robin or anyone else in Imoco don't worry about money. Not to mention the country would stop full-time if everyone stopped working, and by everyone I mean people in crucial professions like those in health services, transportation, food-related services etc. Volleyball is far, far below in the list of things that matter at the moment.

I mean a lot of the ignorance is also simply because of the priviliges.

You have to imagine Robin, an average student working at a pub or store (very high risk places also) or whatever can't even afford to not work or they can't pay rent or will be evicted. So even with risk they need to work as you say, but they are not that connected with the 'average' folk that much as we can see.

She doesn't even understand how much of a privilige not having to play on itself is at this time smh. I mean I get it's not fun, but can't believe those are not things they consider.

If her "job" was her only concern then she would have said "Volleyball is,apart from our passion,our job,so even though our financial situation is currently not greatly affected,we are sad that we can't keep playing the sport we love and call our profession.However,we are grateful that this (league's postponement/cancellation) greatly decreases the risk of us or our fans getting infected and probably helps our country in the long run".Or something along these lines. However,as the heavy favorites to win both CL and the league, it's no wonder they are pushing for the continuation of the tournaments while acting as if they are superior and all the others are overreacting.

• https://ew.com/tv/smurfs-coronavirus/

“We figured we wouldn’t worry, and that as French people we wouldn’t give up on our attempt to break the record,” one Smurf told AFP in the video above. “Now we’re champions of the world... there’s no risk. We’re going to Smurferize the coronavirus!"

If this article doesn't give you crovolley vibes, idk what will...... Number of people with this kind of mindset is terrifying.

• Seriously it's difficult not to concern about the situation in Europe...

Despite the outbreak of Corona-virus, especially in Madrid, the 8M parade took place as scheduled across the entire España and as it's estimated there were tens of thousands of mass who took part in the manifestation while sure enough, without the presence of mascarilla or any precautious measures but yes, a great intensity of crowds.

At the moment it might be just a ramp up stage and such massive agglomeration would definitely contribute a lot to another huge number of infection in the several weeks to come as it might lead to a general outbreak

• https://ew.com/tv/smurfs-coronavirus/

“We figured we wouldn’t worry, and that as French people we wouldn’t give up on our attempt to break the record,” one Smurf told AFP in the video above. “Now we’re champions of the world... there’s no risk. We’re going to Smurferize the coronavirus!"

If this article doesn't give you crovolley vibes, idk what will...... Number of people with this kind of mindset is terrifying.

Sometimes you gotta rely on natural selection for such people:white::down: