2019 FIVB Women's Club World Championship

• The best players were Jovana Brakocevic, Gözde Kırdar, Małgorzata Glinka, Saori Kimura, Christiane Fürst, Naz Aydemir and Bahar Toksoy. It was a magical once-in-a-lifetime occurrence where the whole team just clicked like they were born to play together, and going about their business like a well-oiled machine, with Brakocevic and Gozde in particular playing that whole year like monsters.

Also, I made the mistake. They went 52-0.

i forgot how great Saori was during her prime. to be able to play in Turkey with all those big names is just crazy for any Asian players. did Fofao played in Turkey too?

• They were unbeatable 2 season 12-13/13-14 and they went 73-0. I think it's in Guinness records

Indeed a lot will need to happen before Italian club volleyball can claim dominance in volleyball, frankly I don't see it happen soon, unless Turkish economy gets a 2nd hit or something. Then again big Turkish companies that own these clubs invest in other currencies. Turkey has been it in the 2010s, but the 2020s could be an entirely Italian era if things switch up who knows. I'd be fine with that as long as there is fair competition like Italy and Russia did in the 2010s.

• i forgot how great Saori was during her prime. to be able to play in Turkey with all those big names is just crazy for any Asian players. did Fofao played in Turkey too?

she did! season 2010-2011 for Fenerbahce <3

• Conegliano is for now 14-0 this season :)

Still unbeaten.

• I would like to be as optimistic as you, beri, but I don't see either drawing Egonu away from Italy or increasing Turkish club's budgets as liable long-term solutions, if trends continue on this path (and especially if this "Conegliano experiment in dominance", shall we say, proves successful). The only real solution would be to make it illegal for Italian teams to pay their best players well bellow their "market-value". That is the only sure-fire way of preventing this worst-case-but-not-all-that-unrealistic scenario I have outlined.

And I don't agree that any of Vakifbank or Eczacibaci teams of this decade that you have mentioned (or Fenerbahce's, for that matter) are as strong as this Conegliano.

• she did! season 2010-2011 for Fenerbahce <3

Yes with Skowronska, Osmokrovic :obey: (one of my favourite player), Eda, Furst and i think Sokolova. I remember this team from epic match between Fener and Vakif in semi final of Cev Cl that would be so epic match

one of my favourite.

Also i must to mention that Jelena Nikolic was like a beast at that match i think she was also best scorer of final four.

• I would like to be as optimistic as you, beri, but I don't see either drawing Egonu away from Italy or increasing Turkish club's budgets as liable long-term solutions, if trends continue on this path (and especially if this "Conegliano experiment in dominance", shall we say, proves successful). The only real solution would be to make it illegal for Italian teams to pay their best players well bellow their "market-value". That is the only sure-fire way of preventing this worst-case-but-not-all-that-unrealistic scenario I have outlined.

And I don't agree that any of Vakifbank or Eczacibaci teams of this decade that you have mentioned (or Fenerbahce's, for that matter) are as strong as this Conegliano.

Than we'll agree to disagree I guess, bcs I very much don't see it that way at all.

You have to remember many of them were in their prime at that time, I would say some players to me like Robin de Kruijf (normally I love her but she is not even in form) Folie or Sylla can't even touch any of the players in the lists tbh :whistle: I don't know your age but comparing volleyball than vs now, the girls had much better fighting spirit too, and those are squads only filled with legends, not 1 filler.

Zhu Ting and KYK prime also :super: enough for me. We're just waiting for EczV to build the team around Tijana now.

No hate to Conegliano, they're great and on an amazing run now but still, I don't see the level of an unbeatable team, yet! of them but that's just me.

Wow honest Conegliano have this year very strong team but for me surely this team of Conegliano is not just so overhelming on paper. Sylla is a strong player but she is not in top 5 on her position.(even if we look just her attack skills). Also De kruijf had numerous injury and she is not on her highest level. (she was like a beast in 16,17). Egonu is Egonu and Wolosz is Wolosz but also they are not unique in volleyball world (i mean on their levels no way of play). Hill is super all around oh but also no most dominant player in the World. De Gennaro is unique. Folie is very good and Ogbogu is in improving years. Even team of Fenerbahce that i mentioned in post before this(Fofao, Skowronska, Sokolova, Osmokrovic, Eda, Furst) was a stronger one.

• Altinli obviously you are my volleyball soulmate on this forum. To often i feel when i read your posts, wow that is exactly what i also mean.

• I too agree with you almost always, but let's agree to disagree on this with no ill-will, beri!:flower:

• Felt a little nostalgic here remembering all of those teams. I loved Fener in 2010, still mad that Kasia didn’t win her CL. I really like Conegliano and the way they play, but, as already said by some users, for me they are not even close to some teams that were mentioned here. Also we can’t forget Sollys from 2012, almost the Brazilian NT. Even though they didn’t win Superliga, it was a team with legends.

• How many cups Imoco won internationally? Zero. Let's wait a bit to claim that Imoco is the best of this decade lol.

Imoco's roster looks as good as these 2 legendery Turkish teams' roster;

Naz-Brakocevic/Gozde-Glinka/Furst-Bahar/Gizem + Saori

Naz-Sokolova/Kyk-Logan/Eda-Fabiana/Nihan.

But Imoco hasn't won something yet.

• Felt a little nostalgic here remembering all of those teams. I loved Fener in 2010, still mad that Kasia didn’t win her CL.

Same. She always seemed to lose by the closest score. :(

• I’m still mad they didn’t win the CL that year. :wall:

Was this the year they were 4th place in the Turkish league? I remember they had an mazing line up and failed big time in the league

• Was this the year they were 4th place in the Turkish league? I remember they had an mazing line up and failed big time in the league

No, they won the TL that season. I can’t remember which season they finished 4th in.

• Too much hyppe about Conegliano Squad.

IMO there were several teams witj better rosters.

Fenerbahce with Naz- Sokolova/ Logan Tom - Kim Y K / Eda - Fabiana.

This was the best squad on paper since i start to follow volleybal. ECZ build a strong roster as someone pointed out. In fact, ECZ still has a very good one. IMO the diference betwwen Turkish and Italian teams are in the Local players quality and The fact that they can start with 4 foreigners i the local championship and build chemistry. Really unfer to judge Carrly and Lauren wuth so little time on court.