Chinese NT 2020

• Some Zhang Changning appreciation. :heart: Doesn't get talked about as much considering she plays with Zhu, but definitely a top OH that's solid in attack, reception, defense, serve, and block. Would love to see her go abroad and play in Europe maybe even possibly go up against Zhu on another team, now that would be fun to watch. :super:

• Also this one from the same compiler for Gong Xiangyu, admitted into team in 2016! Another energetic, nimble and hard working powerhouse within the Chinese team's startup list, attacking, receiving, defending, passing, blocking... and same as Zhang Changning, her teammate in the Jiangsu VC, both players are somewhat underrated, but nonetheless both are growing in the latest years.

Gong Xiangyu | 龚翔宇 | Highlights VNL 2019 | Chinese volleyball player

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• According to some rumors, Sun Yan (S), Ni Fei-fan (L) and Cao Ting-ting (MB) may, only may join the training camp of NT. Yan Ni (MB) will have a rest.

The rumors are too many and I don't know which ones are right or wrong.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• So, this was published last June 22. They're training with so much fun. Lang Ping really motivates them, as far as I can understand.

Around 4:28, I saw what I thought is the ideal line-up. ZT AND ZCN with LYY as Opp. Or ZT and LYY with ZCN as receiving Opp. Whew!

• Sun Yan (S) and Ni Fei-fan (L) are taking part in the national training under the guidance of head coach, Lang Ping. The inclusion is seen more as part of Lang's effort to cultivate new players for the future team post-Tokyo.

The phase-1 training was done from the end of January till June 2020. Then a short break of about two weeks. The phase-2 is from July till the end of September 2020, then if the league competition is re-started in this October the national players will return to their clubs.

Meanwhile the Tokyo Olympics' new schedule for next year was out last week.

The Pool Match schedule of the Chinese team is as follows (all time in JST):

China vs Turkey on 25 July 2021 at 14:20

China vs USA on 27 July at 09:00

China vs Russia on 29 July at 14:20

China vs Italy on 31 July at 19:40

China vs Argentina on 02 August at 14:20

https://sports.eastday.com/a/200717235040585000000.html

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Just found some openly accessible link recently at the Tencent QQ Sports channel, with no geo-block restriction whatsoever!

An exciting match that's inexplicably missing from the public view outside China ever since its staging about two years ago! 8o

This particular match is very bizarrely banned in Youtube on the "Copylefts" ground, while viewers may find all other matches there!! This Solely Exceptional match has the "Olympics Quality" in that sense! :S

The 2018 ASIAN GAMES - Women's Volleyball - Group Match CHINA vs SOUTH KOREA (CCTV Sports; 2018-08-23; Full Match)

https://v.qq.com/x/page/r08545njisq.html

The South Korean team --played with full team minus Kim Hee-jin under the short-tenured head coach, Cha Hae-won; while the Chinese team was without Zhang Chang-ning either-- gave all-out fights throughout the explosive match!

• Some beautiful photos of Zheng Yi-xin  郑益昕 [187, b.1995] as posted by Sina Sports recently, that I happened to stumble across, the Fujian's Zhangzhou-born middle blocker of the Chinese national team.

• Just re-watched the 2019 VNL at the FIVB World TV, and found this interesting, rare starting line-up by Lang Ping's A team.

Played in Week 2 in Macau, these trio attackers Zhang Chang-ning, Gong Xiang-yu and Li Ying-ying were all fielded as starters plus the two main MBs: Yuan Xin-yue & Yan Ni. It's fascinating to watch Zhang (as OH1), Gong (OP) and Li (OH2) played along side by side during most of this match, while Zhu Ting was rested. Only later in the middle of set 3, Zhang was subbed by Liu, then Gong by Zeng a while later.

Hope to see more such starting line-up again in appropriate matches in future, esp. in post-Tokyo Olympic matches, most likely in the VNL ones. I feel missing the VNL, a venue whereas teams may be cooking using various recipes with little pressure and consequences... makes me appreciate more the VNL event :-)

CHINA vs. BELGIUM - HIGHLIGHTS Women | Week 2 - Macao | Volleyball Nations League 2019 (full with CN commentary is here)

• It happened that Lang Ping experimented with the trio Zhang-Gong-Li as the starters at the first two matches of the VNL 2019 Week 2 in Macau, both against Thailand and Belgium. However, in the last match against the South Korean team that week, Lang again had Zhu as starter as usual, Li was on the bench.

CHINA vs. THAILAND - HIGHLIGHTS Women | Week 2 - Macao | Volleyball Nations League 2019 (full with CN commentary is here; FIVB World TV is here)