2020 Olympic Games - Tokyo (Female)

• I hope the Brazilian players think like most in this forum, an easy quarterfinal against Russia and an almost certain title! But not surprised? Let's not forget that Brazil was in an easier group, with all due respect to Serbia, but they rely mainly on Boskovic, who with 32 points did not help, except with a game, a weak reception of Milenkovic and Busa, who is just as unstable! But if your Brazil faces better teams like Italy or the United States, do you think they will make it to the semifinals! If Voronkova and company show the Russian spirit, as against the United States, Brazil is in great danger! Domicana is about to beat them, and Japan and Korea are one or two steps behind the other teams in Group B.

Surely this China would also be a contender for the first place in Group A.😀😀

For sure it will be not easy for Brazil. Russia improved a lot in this Olympics.

Anyone can win. Ze Roberto praised a lot Russian players after today game against Kenia.

• In fact pool B was way stronger but had some messy games.

• I can't believe we are having another Brazil x Russia QF match, surely nothing can top that epic London match but I hope it won't be one way for either team. Russia have a beef to settle (Goncharova and Startseva) and the only players present currently that were in London are Fe garay and Natalia which ironically both have played in Moscow and teammates with Goncha at some point.. Surely tears will fall after this match (whether the winner or loser) and it's pretty safe to say some flashback to London will occur for the mentioned players.

Fearless forecast: The winner of Brazil x ROC match will be the Olympic champion. This post will be used as a future receipt :win:

• I can't believe we are having another Brazil x Russia QF match, surely nothing can top that epic London match but I hope it won't be one way for either team. Russia have a beef to settle (Goncharova and Startseva) and the only players present currently that were in London are Fe garay and Natalia which ironically both have played in Moscow and teammates with Goncha at some point.. Surely tears will fall after this match (whether the winner or loser) and it's pretty safe to say some flashback to London will occur for the mentioned players :read:

So sad gncha and fe become friends

i would like to see some screaming and bad looking

• So sad that We are gone watch Italy vs Serbia in such early stage. Like I said it is gold or nothing. I want strong opponent but still….

I have feeling that Serbia is gone get it, only if Egonu can reduce her error but that is not gone happend. Her confidence is destroyed by setters. You can’t even compare Malinov and Maja sets, and don’t tell me that Boskovic is not setter depending when She literally have so many bad matches with Eczacibasi because of setters.

Not with full meaning of setter depending it is more about that they can’t reach their full charge with setter like this. They score many points but % and errors are high (Boskovic less errors)
    Yes She carried the team but that performance was similiar like Egonu now. Tipping, hitting strong low sets, pushing etc.

Stysiak who is great opposite had the same performance like her in Scandicci. Many points but to many mistakes because of bad setting….

Now I want even more Gulia Gennari at Olympics :lol:

• If there's one thing these Olympics taught us, it's that nothing is predictable, so the same goes for QF I guess...but I'll try anyway :S

KOR-TUR: Korea has already exceeded expectations, so they must not be underrated, but I just don't see the 2021 version of KYK plus her teammates posing a threat to Turkey, unless Turkey manages to line up the VNL version of themselves of course. For me Turkey is the clear favourite but Korea has a chance for sure.

DOM-USA: Also here, USA at first sight clearly is the favourite, but if they play like they did against Russia and DOM plays like they did against Brazil and Japan, it might be much harder than expected. USA's injuries surely could have an impact as well, but IMO Drews has done a good job and considering that Poulter hasn't been too convincing, Hancock isn't such a big downgrade after all.

SRB-ITA: Wide open. If Egonu finds her Conegliano self, things will be easier for Italy. Both teams haven't really shown a great performance yet, but at least Serbia is far less erratic than Italy. In the end it will come down to which OPP performs better but also who gets better support from the teammates, and of course the setter difference could have an impact as well.

BRA-ROC: Brazil has played very well so far, so I consider them favourites even though Russia has been surprisingly good. Most of all I wish for a hard-fought match and may the better team win. Thanks to Kosheleva's vlog I like the Russian players quite a lot, so somehow I'd want them to win, but it will be difficult...

• If italy want to win only need to reduce errors cause serbia isonly boskovic and even maja can't make oh shine

• I may be wrong, especially if the game turns to be really tough, that’s when Maja only sees her opposites, but after Brazil’s match, I have a feeling Serbia realized only Boskovic is not enough, and Maja already tried to use other spikers, like Milena that finished the match with 12 pts, only one less than Tica. Along with that, I think Busa has been doing a pretty decent job, so I have a feeling Serbia will not be only Boskovic against Italy, but let’s see.

• I can't believe we are having another Brazil x Russia QF match, surely nothing can top that epic London match but I hope it won't be one way for either team. Russia have a beef to settle (Goncharova and Startseva) and the only players present currently that were in London are Fe garay and Natalia which ironically both have played in Moscow and teammates with Goncha at some point.. Surely tears will fall after this match (whether the winner or loser) and it's pretty safe to say some flashback to London will occur for the mentioned players.

Fearless forecast: The winner of Brazil x ROC match will be the Olympic champion. This post will be used as a future receipt :win:

I've said that earlier yesterday and predicted indeed Russia will be winner at tiebreak and be champion8)

• So sad gncha and fe become friends

i would like to see some screaming and bad looking

How some people feed on negative feelings is unbelievable. Like get a life