Serbia NT 2020

• no

It seems turkey is strong at mb and maybe have good setter and libero (aylin is good too)

But their oh and opp have no level to make turkey be at top in the world

But sure the team be still competitive

• I wonder if Vargas has a residence in Serbia.

For sure she hadn't. She just was in Serbia couple of times and that's it

In some countries, it is a prerequisite that a person has to live in that particular country for several years.

In standard procedures, this is certainly a condition in Serbia as well, but as has been repeated more than few times, in a country with highly developed corruption such as Serbia, there are many ways to circumvent standard procedures, even in compliance with the law, such as I have already mentioned, Vargas probably received citizenship by direct instruction from the Minister of Foreign Affairs (not the only way but most likely one), who has the discretion to do so (this is certainly not the case only in Serbia, but it is certainly not intended to be used for these purposes, .....), I hope that this explanation will finally be enough for people to understand what it is about and not repeat the same comments about some propositions for obtaining citizenship (for sure there are in Serbia also).

And there it is if some people are interested in:

II Acquiring of citizenship by admission

A) If you are a foreigner and you have permanent residence in the Republic of Serbia, you may acquire citizenship of the R. of Serbia if you fulfil the following requirements:

1. that you have turned 18 and have not been deprived of business capacity;
    2. that you have been released from a foreign citizenship or that you have presented evidence that you will be released from it, if admitted to citizenship of the Republic of Serbia;
    3. that you had registered permanent residence in the territory of the Republic of Serbia for at least three years without interruption before submitting the application;
    4. that you submit a signed statement that you consider the Republic of Serbia to be your country.

B) If you are a foreigner who has been married for at least three years to a national of the Republic of Serbia and who has been granted permanent residence in the Republic of Serbia, you may be admitted to citizenship of the Republic of Serbia if you submit a signed statement that you consider the Republic of Serbia to be your country.

C) If you are an emigrant from the Republic of Serbia or a descendant thereof you may be admitted to citizenship of the Republic of Serbia if you have turned 18 and have not been stripped of business capacity and if you submit a signed statement that you consider the Republic of Serbia to be your country.

No release from foreign citizenship is required for admission to citizenship of the Republic of Serbia, which means that you may have dual citizenship (you need not live in the Republic of Serbia and you need not have permanent residence there).

D) If you do not have permanent residence in Serbia, and belong to the Serbian people, you may be admitted to citizenship of the Republic of Serbia under Article 23 of the Law, without having been released from a foreign citizenship. All you need is to have turned 18 years of age, that you have not been deprived of your business capacity, and that you submit a statement in writing that you consider the Republic of Serbia to be your country.

• no

It seems turkey is strong at mb and maybe have good setter and libero (aylin is good too)

But their oh and opp have no level to make turkey be at top in the world

But sure the team be still competitive

Did you watch Hande during European OG qualifications ? She was probably the best OH of that tournament. Her level dropped after her injury but so far she has been very solid at both reception and offense. On the other hand, I can understand that Ebrar's development was disappointing this season.

Sorry for being off topic in Serbian thread

• I think it was also a matter of which position Vargas wants to play in her career. Obviously she won't be starter opp in Serbian NT, so it looks like she wants to play as offensive OH.

I'm not sure that played a part in the decision, since she has only ever played opp on a consistent basis, and she would have a much easier job (to put it mildly) to be a starting opp in Turkish than in Serbian NT. There's no indication so far that she particularly WANTS to play as OH, but rather that she is prepared to make that sacrifice to be a starter in a NT that will be contending for medals on the biggest stages in at least first few years of her eligibility.

But that's merely my inference from the situation. I could be wrong, and you could be right.

• Bojana Drča (née Živković) in pregnant days.

• Our demographic problems have less to do with birthrate and much more to do with emigration.

Anyway, a cute photo of Boki.:flower:

• Ana Zivojinovic(née Lazarevic) gave birth to a son and named him Bogdan.

Best wishes to both Ana and her husband and special greetings to my namesake.

• What's the point to have Serbian citizenship then? If at least it was Turkish she wouldn't count as foreigner like Brakocevic used to not count as one when in Italy right? I don't see her playing in Serbian league.. Something isn't right

• I call bull. This guy just said it, without even providing his source. Let me remind you that Terzic himself said that they applied for change to FIVB and were waiting for answer. Either he was lying (why would he do that?) or this guy is pulling this from his arse. Plus what sloth said about her taking Serbian citizenship being a pointless step if she wasn't going to play.

• I don't know who this guy is, but I think he works for volleyballnews.it .Does anyone know if he is reliable? Maybe Italian users know this guy?

• volleyballnews.it also released the info about no foreigners allowed in Chinese league.

Which was true and going to happen, but CVA changed their minds to avoid lawsuits from players and FIVB.

Anybody know where Bjelica will play now?

• We still remain with unavoidable conclusion that if that letter is genuine, Zoran Terzic openly lied in an interview on an issue any party involved in it (Melissa, Serbian Federation, FIVB) could have easily debunked it and thus make him look like a fool...

Does the above scenario sound more plausible to you, dear members, than this site pulling this out of their arse as a clickbait?

• He certainly did not lie, he actually said that the Serbian Federation sent all the necessary papers, ....., to change the sports citizenship, but here it seems to me that now that the decision of the Fivb is approaching, and contact has been established between Vargas and FIVB, that she just said she didn't want to, something similar happened to Calderon, not exactly the same, she was much older at the time and had a family and that was the reason she refused to play for the Russian national team. I certainly informed Igor Jaglicic about all this, and he promised that he would ask about this situation for the first time in a conversation with Terzic, so far he has never let me down.

Certainly this scenario leaves a lot of ambiguity, as it is possible that when obtaining (unjustified gift) citizenship, there was no conversation about this between Vargas-OSSRB-Terzic, or as I am sure there was such a conversation, who lied and why.

• Wait, you actually know Jaglicic or did you asked him on some social media?

• Which was true and going to happen, but CVA changed their minds to avoid lawsuits from players and FIVB.

Anybody know where Bjelica will play now?

Ok, that's a bad example, but I've also seen them cite "news" from Chinese sources and when you read the source, it's basically some guy running a blog and they write stuff like "Could X player transfer to Y team? Let's wait and see!"

I can't read Italian though so I don't know if they specifically said it's a rumour or not, but either way that site does release rumours.

• something similar happened to Calderon, not exactly the same, she was much older at the time and had a family and that was the reason she refused to play for the Russian national team.

Calderon wanted to play for Russia, but Goncharova had the only nationalized spot.