COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

• 1% is still big, but I wonder how is it compared to death rate from seasonal flu? I know many people die from seasonal flu every year and if Corona has similar numbers, then lockdowns might be questionable.

Can someone explain the link to Mink? I know that Denmark and Sweden were countries having mink-covid issues. Is this a new, mutated version of Covid or same virus coming from a different animal this time? And if its mutated, is it as contagious and deadly?

• He is getting so much hate, but if people stop doing ad hominem, avoid bias toward crovolley, and try to understand what he actually says, you would be surprise how right he is.

Unfortunately cheering for the most populist opinions is the new trend in this forum.

PS: what I said is only valid to his opinion on covid issue. His fanaticism and obsession on Conegliano also gets on my nerves as well.

I agree with you on this. Sometimes, I think people here are unfair to Crovelley to a point of ganging up on him. I think if he put his words more carefully, people would understand him more. But alas, not all of us here are eloquent and have english as first language so that could lead to a great deal of misunderstanding. I do agree him with regarding Conegliano as a great team and Italian League as an exceptionally competitive league. If he only didn't keep on repeating it every chance he get, people might le less annoyed and Conegliano might have more supporters here. LOL. But I don't agree with him with his stance on the Covid case. Also. there are times, he comes across as uninformed, insensitive, and too biased on certain issues. Still, that doesn't warrant the disrespect and hate he often gets.

• Alright, let's get back to topic.

• 1% is still big, but I wonder how is it compared to death rate from seasonal flu? I know many people die from seasonal flu every year and if Corona has similar numbers, then lockdowns might be questionable.

Can someone explain the link to Mink? I know that Denmark and Sweden were countries having mink-covid issues. Is this a new, mutated version of Covid or same virus coming from a different animal this time? And if its mutated, is it as contagious and deadly?

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/…y-in-season-estimates.htm

According to this source it is around 0.1%, depending on which source you check the numbers vary.

• So it looks like We are getting vaccine in December or January :woohoo:

Thank u God!

• Yeah, probably not a coincidence, but do you really think they wouldn't have rolled out the news if Trump had won? As cynical as I am, it's more likely that they simply didn't want their announcement getting overshadowed by election and so waited for it to be over than they actively colluded with democrats in some way (if that's what you are implying?).

• Yeah, probably not a coincidence, but do you really think they wouldn't have rolled out the news if Trump had won? As cynical as I am, it's more likely that they simply didn't want their announcement getting overshadowed by election and so waited for it to be over than they actively colluded with democrats in some way (if that's what you are implying?).

It's hard to say, but I feel as though they wouldn't have been as confident with their current findings and would've delayed the vaccine waiting for further evidence. Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla was asked about the timing of announcing their results, how it happened right after the election and he said, "The science brought it exactly at this time... This is when science brought it to us." If that really is true then so be it.

More on the vaccine, it requires two doses though they don't know how long it will last or whether it will be a yearly or seasonal every six months shot. There's still some unknown and it's too early to tell how efficient it works yet Pfizer has already signed contracts with governments who have already placed orders.

There will be two manufacturing lines, one in the US and the other in Europe. Bourla said that the US manufacturer is the one they prefer using mainly for Americans while the European one produces for the rest of the world. I'm one of those people that like to read between the lines and how things are worded, but why can't the US one be also used for other countries especially if European one is having trouble distributing them. That's just me overthinking that there will be foul play between the two manufacturers and people aren't getting the same vaccine.

I just hope that even when the vaccine comes that people still practice some level of health/safety protocols and social distancing. Not everyone will have the same access to a vaccine which is unfortunate.

• Pfizer made sure to mention that had used no funding from the Trump administration in the statement made today.

Still the volume of doses needed will take a while to get there. Hell I mean even flu vaccine is never enough to begin with.

People complaining about wearing masks are just children. Literally this thing could be done in 2-3 weeks. However, people just cannot take into account of not being able to do something even for a short amount of time.

Instead, people get a false sense of invincibly because “I’ve had the virus”, without realizing what it will have done to their body. Then try something and find that their body cannot handle something that they could do before.

I am an introvert and try to stay home as much as possible because I am trying to do my part and keep others safe.

A friend had a 17 year old son die from this.

• He is getting so much hate, but if people stop doing ad hominem, avoid bias toward crovolley, and try to understand what he actually says, you would be surprise how right he is.

Unfortunately cheering for the most populist opinions is the new trend in this forum.

PS: what I said is only valid to his opinion on covid issue. His fanaticism and obsession on Conegliano also gets on my nerves as well.

You hit the top of the nail here, Serdar. The victim to blame, imo, for this populistic trend is the rise of a so called pseudo-intellectualism - based on sheepish conformism - on a universal scale. From USA to South Korea, we are currently witnessing a paradigm shift from knowledge and learning based on academical merits to positioning and status-seeking. The point is no longer to incubate on an exclusive insight in some obscure cellar, this is far too elitistic for our "equal" democratic times, but to be able to perceive where the wind blows, and then water it down, promote and sell the trendy and "correct" ideological current in an entertaining and over-simplified manner, albeit with some doses of pretentiousness, like an advertiser to a global audience by force of a broad mainstream appeal. The concepts are basic and devoid of originality, the thoughts are cheap, yet they are wired by a net of beautiful, so called "high" words. We are no longer compelled by truly being clever, but by exhibiting a mask of supposed cleverness in front of others through parroting and posing, all for the purpose of being confirmed or validated by others. We are becoming like "wannabe" singers who mime in front of an audience instead of using their own individual voice, intellectual bodybuilders. With this being said, I am not anti-democratic per se; this phenomenon is just an unfortunate side-effect of such a system.

Just as William Shakespeare once formulated it: "My words fly up, my thoughts remain below. Words without thoughts never to heaven go.”

https://medium.com/@chikaumead…ellectualism-cc1756bd83ea

• You hit the top of the nail here, Serdar. The victim to blame, imo, for this populistic trend is the rise of a so called pseudo-intellectualism - based on sheepish conformism - on a universal scale. From USA to South Korea, we are currently witnessing a paradigm shift from knowledge and learning based on academical merits to positioning and status-seeking. The point is no longer to incubate on an exclusive insight in some obscure cellar, this is far too elitistic for our "equal" democratic times, but to be able to perceive where the wind blows, and then water it down, promote and sell the trendy and "correct" ideological current in an entertaining and over-simplified manner, albeit with some doses of pretentiousness, like an advertiser to a global audience by force of a broad mainstream appeal. The concepts are basic and devoid of originality, the thoughts are cheap, yet they are wired by a net of beautiful, so called "high" words. We are no longer compelled by truly being clever, but by exhibiting a mask of supposed cleverness in front of others through parroting and posing, all for the purpose of being confirmed or validated by others. We are becoming like "wannabe" singers who mime in front of an audience instead of using their own individual voice, intellectual bodybuilders. With this being said, I am not anti-democratic per se; this phenomenon is just an unfortunate side-effect of such a system.

Just as William Shakespeare once formulated it: "My words fly up, my thoughts remain below. Words without thoughts never to heaven go.”

https://medium.com/@chikaumead…ellectualism-cc1756bd83ea

I love your posts Hakin12, you might be second most original user in this forum after sitenoise :drink::lol:

• Regarding the different vaccines being talked about, is there one from a specific company that is more trustworthy than others (Pfizer, BioNTech, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Novavax, etc)? Also if a vaccine does come out in the next couple months and you are fortunate to have access to it would you get it then or wait for more information to come out?

I for one have been hearing more about Pfizer than others. Now whether their particular vaccine is more more effective and safer than others I'm not sure.

• Regarding the different vaccines being talked about, is there one from a specific company that is more trustworthy than others (Pfizer, BioNTech, AstraZeneca, Moderna, Novavax, etc)? Also if a vaccine does come out in the next couple months and you are fortunate to have access to it would you get it then or wait for more information to come out?

I for one have been hearing more about Pfizer than others. Now whether their particular vaccine is more more effective and safer than others I'm not sure.

Pfizer is producing the vaccine that BioNTech developed. Both BioNTech and Moderna are using mRNA based vaccines, which is a very novel technology and as far as I know COVID vaccines will be the first vaccine that's produced with this technology. That's why there are several question marks about possible complications in the long run. On the other hand, the vaccine from other competitors such as AstraZeneca/Oxford doesn't seem to be as effective as the two mentioned above.

Personally, I would rather wait until more safety data is available. But I can imagine old people at risk groups would prefer to get the vaccine now

• Pfizer is producing the vaccine that BioNTech developed. Both BioNTech and Moderna are using mRNA based vaccines, which is a very novel technology and as far as I know COVID vaccines will be the first vaccine that's produced with this technology. That's why there are several question marks about possible complications in the long run. On the other hand, the vaccine from other competitors such as AstraZeneca/Oxford doesn't seem to be as effective as the two mentioned above.

Personally, I would rather wait until more safety data is available. But I can imagine old people at risk groups would prefer to get the vaccine now

Me too. I can also imagine people who really really really really want to socialize getting the vaccine now.

• I'll wait for more information as well.

• Great Britain has approved vaccine !

That is big news. One step closer :heart:

I believe more and more countries are gone follow.

• Kim ki-duk R.I.P.