Brazil NT 2021

• Has anyone seen Jheovana's performance yesterday? She was playing U21 State Chmapionship (São Paulo) and scored 37 pts, with 4 aces. I know it's not an adult championship, but she really improved a lot from the last time I saw her:

she definitely deserves a spot in the adult team.

• Didn't she play last year in the adult team already? I think she even entered the court in some matches ...she was bad in the few points she played, but maybe she's improved.

• Didn't she play last year in the adult team already? I think she even entered the court in some matches ...she was bad in the few points she played, but maybe she's improved.

I don't know Brazil, but can a player do that? Bounce up and down from senior to junior? In Japan you can't do that

• I don't know Brazil, but can a player do that? Bounce up and down from senior to junior? In Japan you can't do that

As long as she's in the right age range, I think she can play wherever she's needed? Ana Cristina from the adult NT could in theory still be playing the U18 WCH this year even after getting a silver medal in the Olympics (but she won't).

• As long as she's in the right age range, I think she can play wherever she's needed? Ana Cristina from the adult NT could in theory still be playing the U18 WCH this year even after getting a silver medal in the Olympics (but she won't).

If Sidney is correct that this player did it, then there's the answer. I shouldn't be so sure about Japan's rules, it's just what I heard the reason Haruka Miyashita never played U-Squad is because she hit Adult Squad really young and couldn't go back down

[Edit] And in that Chinese movie about Lang Ping, when the powers that be threatened to send a youth squad to the OG, Lang Ping transferred all the youth players to the adult team so they would be ineligible :) I dunno :rolll:

• If Sidney is correct that this player did it, then there's the answer. I shouldn't be so sure about Japan's rules, it's just what I heard the reason Haruka Miyashita never played U-Squad is because she hit Adult Squad really young and couldn't go back down

[Edit] And in that Chinese movie about Lang Ping, when the powers that be threatened to send a youth squad to the OG, Lang Ping transferred all the youth players to the adult team so they would be ineligible :) I dunno :rolll:

I might be super wrong here, but the thing about moving players around different age categories is possibly messing with their development, so that's not done a lot, but it can be done. In Italy, for example, Omoruyi played the last VNL with the adult team and also the U20 tournament a few weeks later.

• If Sidney is correct that this player did it, then there's the answer. I shouldn't be so sure about Japan's rules, it's just what I heard the reason Haruka Miyashita never played U-Squad is because she hit Adult Squad really young and couldn't go back down

Lots of players do that (move around senior/junior). But for some, like Fedorovtseva, there's no real advantage going back to play youth/junior levels, 'cause they are big talents that can already play in senior teams...

• Lots of players do that (move around senior/junior). But for some, like Fedorovtseva, there's no real advantage going back to play youth/junior levels, 'cause they are big talents that can already play in senior teams...

When a player already proves herself at senior level, There's no point to bring to a junior tournament. Naz also didn't play certain tournaments since she was already playing as starter in senior level

Sorry for being offtopic, but it made me curious: how can we have access to this Lang Ping movie? I remember people talking about it a while back, but then I stopped paying attention and didn't know it was already out.

Lots of players do that (move around senior/junior). But for some, like Fedorovtseva, there's no real advantage going back to play youth/junior levels, 'cause they are big talents that can already play in senior teams...

When a player already proves herself at senior level, There's no point to bring to a junior tournament. Naz also didn't play certain tournaments since she was already playing as starter in senior level

By the way, not that I am super confident about this, but just for the sake of argument: contrary to Brazil_lover and Serdar's point, I do think there's a reason for having players like Ana Cristina, Fedorovtseva and Naz when she was younger to be moved back to the younger categories. It's not a technical point, but an attitudinal one. When a young player has the opportunity of playing with the senior NT and then comes back to their age group, they come back more experienced. Then they can use it to improve their leadership skills while playing in their age group. They become a bellweather in the group and I think that's important for their development as a multi-skilled player.

Trying not to astray away much from topic, we can think of a number of Brazilian players who've gone through that. For instance, Natália. She played U-18 World Championship in 2005, won the competition and was awarded MVP. In that same year, Zé Roberto called her for the adult team, to play World Champions Cup, and then he kept calling her during the next two years. In 2007, she played the U-20 World Championship and helped the team win again. That same year she was called again to the World Cup and she could've played the WGP, but I think Zé Roberto and the staff considered it important for her to play the U-20 thing. Eventually, she was not called to the OG 2008, but that was a choice. IMO she was definitely ready to be in the team already, and by then she was also co-leading Osasco along with Paula Pequeno in the Brazilian league. Anyway, there's a bunch of other examples.

So I think there's a point here. I find these experiences, with mingling in and out of age groups interesting.

• is Rosa now Brazil's main Opp moving forward? :heart: I know there's Lorenne but Rosa just gives me the vibes and she was a revelation in Tokyo.

• how can we have access to this Lang Ping movie? I remember people talking about it a while back, but then I stopped paying attention and didn't know it was already out.

I'm sure it's on Amazon or Netflix, or whatever your service of choice may be. Called "Leap"

• is Rosa now Brazil's main Opp moving forward? :heart: I know there's Lorenne but Rosa just gives me the vibes and she was a revelation in Tokyo.

hmm maybe they are co-main opp? then another young OPP is their understudy maybe Jheovana?

also hoping Fofao joins the coaching staff.

• Rosa will definitely be our starter... But Ze loves his double sub, so we will see a lot of Lorenne too