South Korea - Women's V-League 2020-2021

• so now, all turn to the players instead of the management and clubs?

don't you guys see? this is what they all want to do.. changing focus to who's fault, who's the bad guy etc

it'll be all over again just like go yoomin case. at the end of the day, people care more about the gossips and nobody care on how to change the system so this f*cked up incidents will never happen again.

• I remember the T-ara bullying scandal as well. Some members were also posting cryptic messages in their personal accts that time and the netizens dismissed all of them. Hwayoung, who was thought to be the bullied member, was the one being supported by people. Some fans even fabricated evidences to crucify the other members. Then it turned out that Hwayoung was the bully. Thats why we should never jump into conclusion.

• KOVO Dodram V-League 2020-2021

Round 5 Match 9 (#165) - Hyundai E&C Hillstate vs. GS Caltex Seoul KIXX - February 9th, 2021

Highlights:

https://sports.news.naver.com/…o&id=761424&redirect=true

http://vod.afreecatv.com/PLAYER/STATION/68374952

Full Replay:

https://sports.news.naver.com/…o&id=761423&redirect=true

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/spo…gue/vod/66992/22000403635

http://vod.afreecatv.com/PLAYER/STATION/68372965

Match Photos & Videos:

http://thespike.co.kr/news/new…hp?ncode=1065619075036766

Match Result:

Match Stats Summary:

MVP:

Achievements:

Current Team Standings:

Upcoming Schedule:

• The twins admitted to school violence and posted handwritten apologies on their IG.

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/212…-rGnhkLjZ7Shjvwe2bsrVpPx8

OT: About the T-ara scandal, both sides were wrong tbh. The only member that I still follow is Qri.

You know, I wasn't sure which twins you were talking about at first... 😂

• Bullying in Japan is incredibly common in schools because the phrase “the nail that sticks out gets hammered down.” So if you are not good at sports or are not popular, you are branded as a loser and therefore picked on.

Of course being very homogeneous encourages this type of behavior. You are different and you are not fitting in. Some people are introverts and have to figure out how they fit in. Sadly the bullying doesn’t help.

My guess is that as kids, the twins got away with a lot of things because their mom was an Olympic athlete, they were cute and popular.
    KYK worked her ass off to play in Europe and looks at these girls and goes you can be better. She knows the domestic league is “okay” but the national team needs to be better. Playing at home is a great way to not improve against better competition.

• KYK had to fight against the Korean federation to even stay in Europe by nearly retiring to keep the Spiders from bringing her back at the height of her career.

She knows player power and sees how poorly the front offices are run on some of these teams. That is not to mention the coaching possibly. Many teams are run as dictatorships by coaches. When teammates are openly doing this stuff to each other, you are not connecting with the players.

• I remember the T-ara bullying scandal as well. Some members were also posting cryptic messages in their personal accts that time and the netizens dismissed all of them. Hwayoung, who was thought to be the bullied member, was the one being supported by people. Some fans even fabricated evidences to crucify the other members. Then it turned out that Hwayoung was the bully. Thats why we should never jump into conclusion.

Hyomin was my bias but I was fooled by the fabricated story. I remember there were people who posted the pictures of them smashing T-ara’s CDs and torn their posters. And to think of it, it was during the comeback of my fav song from them, Day by Day.

KYK had to fight against the Korean federation to even stay in Europe by nearly retiring to keep the Spiders from bringing her back at the height of her career.

She knows player power and sees how poorly the front offices are run on some of these teams. That is not to mention the coaching possibly. Many teams are run as dictatorships by coaches. When teammates are openly doing this stuff to each other, you are not connecting with the players.

Do you think at this point KYK is above these coaches & management? That she can start a change in their team?

• Do you think at this point KYK is above these coaches & management? That she can start a change in their team?

sadly the answer is yes and no. She realistically has more real world experience and seeing really strong teams in Turkey and how they are run.

However, many teams are run as part of marketing the brand, instead of actually as a sports team. Same was true in Japan in the past. It is shifting slowly but getting back to KYK. KYK is very serious in the court and basically came in as the hired gun. Kind of like LeBron going to Miami. It was Wade’s team when LeBron got there. If the twins thought it would be their team, they are mistaken. Hell you played with KYK in the national team. Who is the captain on the national team, oh yeah KYK.

with that much change on the Spiders it probably changed the team culture as there were multiple potential power centers. However management would probably goes towards KYK as the biggest star. In Korea management will make the decision and players must follow. If the coach had a different philosophy then it could be different but the players have to accept who is the leader is per culture systems.

• sadly the answer is yes and no. She realistically has more real world experience and seeing really strong teams in Turkey and how they are run.

However, many teams are run as part of marketing the brand, instead of actually as a sports team. Same was true in Japan in the past. It is shifting slowly but getting back to KYK. KYK is very serious in the court and basically came in as the hired gun. Kind of like LeBron going to Miami. It was Wade’s team when LeBron got there. If the twins thought it would be their team, they are mistaken. Hell you played with KYK in the national team. Who is the captain on the national team, oh yeah KYK.

with that much change on the Spiders it probably changed the team culture as there were multiple potential power centers. However management would probably goes towards KYK as the biggest star. In Korea management will make the decision and players must follow. If the coach had a different philosophy then it could be different but the players have to accept who is the leader is per culture systems.

I do understand about what you’re saying when it comes to power shift. Feels like Pink Spiders has a new sheriff in town when KYK arrived. Being the internationa superstar that she is, everyone will follow her including the staff & management. I think there is a bit of jealousy there and mox with KYK tough as a nail attitude, internal conflict is inevitable.