CEV Champions League 2021

• I’m so proud at Italian teams, now I’m even more sad because Scandicci didn’t face Vakif in quart.

I think We would watch really tie match between them :white:

This is not provocation this is the FACT that We talked about it all the time. Seria A is the best league in the World without any doubt. One more prove is that Seria A has two teams that could easily fight for semi final spot instead Scan, Busto, Novara: Monza and Chieri.

Even bottom teams can win over literally any top team (except Conegliano) in Seria A, hard to see this kind competition in any other league.

Winning Coppa Italia is harder to win than CL titile this season :super::super::super:

Busto has 3 foreign players in their starting six. Maybe they could sing one more MB for CL next to Stefanovic to rise their level even more against Vakifbank. :/

Names, except the ones who already played CEV comp this season ?

• Whatever happens in the semis, i think Busto has already overachieved. Vakif is a difficult opponent but I hope they give them a hard time.

I don't quite agree about Busto having "overachieved". I'm sure that if they'd had less problems with injuries and Covid and most of all if they had fired Fenoglio earlier they would have had much better results throughout the season. The way they are playing (and winning) right now is pretty much what their roster was built for I think...

• You can say bosko is better than egonu and your point is valíd

But I didn't see in last years someone who can control Egonu at least in clubs,in NT it will be Serbia and bosko we saw her than can be controlled but she's a world class and decisive also in the clutch

• I don't quite agree about Busto having "overachieved". I'm sure that if they'd had less problems with injuries and Covid and most of all if they had fired Fenoglio earlier they would have had much better results throughout the season. The way they are playing (and winning) right now is pretty much what their roster was built for I think...

Maybe Ecz is going to sing Fenoglio for next season :gone:

• Next season. Eczacibasi might have a better lineup. Maja, mckenzie Adams and heryman. I just hope they fight and retain Ogbogu. Though i don't think this is a better line up than vakifbank or conegliano but definitely better that this season.

But still worst than Novara and Scandicci if you ask me. This is far from enough. Adams have to many ups and down. In some moments She is top OH in the World but sometimes like wtf is wrong with her. Reception again to shaky with Adams-Hande duo... but lets not judge to early.

• But still worst than Novara and Scandicci if you ask me. This is far from enough. Adams have to many ups and down. In some moments She is top OH in the World but sometimes like wtf is wrong with her. Reception again to shaky with Adams-Hande duo... but lets not judge to early.

maja can make that "medianas" players to look great

So let see

• If you are wondering that, then you either count Zivkovic among the great setters, or you suppressed EuroVolley 2017 and the destruction of all opponents (including Turkey) by Boskovic in the combination where Zivkovic was the setter. I certainly think that it is one of the bigest nonsense to include Boskovic in the setter dependent opp.

Well, Zivkoviç and underrated setter. I liked her a lot in Turkey and 2017 was her career peak definitely. I am not saying she is definitely setter dependent but clearly, she is not one of those who would drag her team without a great setter (Egonu, Gamova, Goncharova etc)

• chirichella is best blocker amongst the player who are still in competition

19 blocks for her and she miss all 3 games from first leg and just started to play in 2 leg

So for the ones that doubt that she should be on tokio

• Well, Zivkoviç and underrated setter. I liked her a lot in Turkey and 2017 was her career peak definitely. I am not saying she is definitely setter dependent but clearly, she is not one of those who would drag her team without a great setter (Egonu, Gamova, Goncharova etc)

LOL, poor Boskovic as setter dependet opp, or to quote "CLEARLY, the one who wouldn't drag her team without a great setter".

I mean that this is CLEARLY, nonsense. What is she doing this season, if she's not draging her team, with setters like Mirkovic and Elif (or the hypocrisy will go so far that you'll even say they're great setters). She is literary best spiker (among pins) and best scorer in general of the TL and was the best scorer in CEV CL RR, and the only reason (with just Ogbogu as decent player continuously) why Eczacibasi pass the group phase. I'm sure that none of this mention player (Egonu, Goncharova, Gamova,....ETC lol) would not have done a better job in such a team like Eczacibasi this season.

• I am shocked that Ecz has allowed Motta to continue. Do they not trust their assistant coach?

I believe any one team would’ve fired the HC. I’m no psychologist but the players seem to have zero confidence and lack the energy they had in the beginning of a season. How does management not see this? Either change the coach or change the players but to keep things the same all season is a little insane to me.

• chill you haven’t won yet

• I don't quite agree about Busto having "overachieved". I'm sure that if they'd had less problems with injuries and Covid and most of all if they had fired Fenoglio earlier they would have had much better results throughout the season. The way they are playing (and winning) right now is pretty much what their roster was built for I think...

I partially agree.

Busto is a low cost team, built with low budget, they signed the best they could with the money they had. Their management is made of very smart people who know how to make a good team with low budget, simply because they know about volleyball... and they have a 'vision'. They see where the potential is and they sign it when it's still cheap.. Jordyn Poulter and Alexa Gray this year, Herbots and Washington last year..and so on.

But CL semifinal is an overachievement that nobody would have ever expected. A huge success for this Italian club with low budget which should be taken as model example for many others, especially some Turkish ones, who just have money but with no vision at all.

• chill you haven’t won yet

No matter who won it, Italin clubs won with 3spots in semi finals. And I think Monza is going to take it CEV CUP.

• LOL, poor Boskovic as setter dependet opp, or to quote "CLEARLY, the one who wouldn't drag her team without a great setter".

I mean that this is CLEARLY, nonsense. What is she doing this season, if she's not draging her team, with setters like Mirkovic and Elif (or the hypocrisy will go so far that you'll even say they're great setters). She is literary best spiker (among pins) and best scorer in general of the TL and was the best scorer in CEV CL RR, and the only reason (with just Ogbogu as decent player continuously) why Eczacibasi pass the group phase. I'm sure that none of this mention player (Egonu, Goncharova, Gamova,....ETC lol) would not have done a better job in such a team like Eczacibasi this season.

Hold your horses! You don't need to be so fanatic about your favorite players that can't handle slight criticism. She is one of the most paid player in the world. Everyone comments that oh it is not fair that poor boskovic is suffering in Eczacıbasi, she should leave bla bla.

To me it is fair to question her contribution to the team as well. She is one of the best opposite in the world. But she couldn't win anything significant with eczacıbasi. And I'm sick of hearing people blame either coach or setters. If the setters were the problem then what's wrong with calling her as setter dependent opp?

• about one comment way before I forget to answer

We all know that vakif is an excellent team and can win from Imoco if they face

But if we look at what the teams at world have done lately,we can clearly say that Imoco is the best RIGHT NOW

they win everything in Italy in last 2 years and also were better in last to CL and World Champs than Vakifbank without saying that they were champion of this last one.

Obviously as I said Vb can win from them and I would rather that they face in a semi final coz like that it will be 2 games and therr wouldn't be any doubt

In one game aything can happen

• Hold your horses! You don't need to be so fanatic about your favorite players that can't handle slight criticism. She is one of the most paid player in the world. Everyone comments that oh it is not fair that poor boskovic is suffering in Eczacıbasi, she should leave bla bla.

To me it is fair to question her contribution to the team as well. She is one of the best opposite in the world. But she couldn't win anything significant with eczacıbasi. And I'm sick of hearing people blame either coach or setters. If the setters were the problem then what's wrong with calling her as setter dependent opp?

Boskovic is setter dependent only in the way that every single player must be setter dependent. I don’t really know what evidence we have to suggest that Goncharova could drag her team to success without a good setter even against a team as strong as Vakifbank.

And to be honest that’s been Boskovic’s major obstacle: Vakifbank. Vakif’s players are usually just as good as Eczaci’s (sometimes better) plus they have a better coach, better mentality and better teamwork so it’s not a surprise they usually win, even if it’s in close series in the Turkish league finals.

This year it’s even harsher to criticise Boskovic. It’s not just the setter or the coach that’s performing poorly but almost every single player in the team. For her part, Boskovic still has incredible numbers, I don’t really see what more she could do.

• I don’t see how Imoco were better than Vakif in the last CL. Yes, Vakif lost to Scandicci but Imoco almost lost to that Hungarian team. Anyway, Vakif’s loss was at the start of the season and they were a much better team by the end of the season so I’m sure it would’ve been a close match had they played.

You are right that anything can happen in one game but to win a SF you only need to win 1 game + a golden set so I still think anything could happen in that format too. That’s why I don’t rule out Busto or particularly Novara yet.

• I don’t see how Imoco were better than Vakif in the last CL. Yes, Vakif lost to Scandicci but Imoco almost lost to that Hungarian team. Anyway, Vakif’s loss was at the start of the season and they were a much better team by the end of the season so I’m sure it would’ve been a close match had they played.

You are right that anything can happen in one game but to win a SF you only need to win 1 game + a golden set so I still think anything could happen in that format too. That’s why I don’t rule out Busto or particularly Novara yet.

If I'm not wrong yes imoco struggled with that team and was a mix of starters and back ups

Vakifbank loses to savino and struggled with lokomotiv

So in conclusion if we saw both teams imoco was better

Even if vb had a stronger pool