CEV Champions League 2021

• I hope VitrA hooks up Poulter instead if Maja is not a done deal :heart:

THe fact that a setter is doing well in Serie A doesn't mean she will do well in Eczacıbasi (Lloyd was amazing in Italy and look how she played in Turkey)

• Vitra's problem is the system is just faulty.

Let's be honest... nobody is checking up on Beyza and Yasemin when they do their sliding runs. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• It's simple, volleyball is a team-sport and for your team to work you will need a great play-maker if you wanna be on top, it's simple as that. We have seen Boskovic do great many times even this season, but when it comes to the very top level you can't rely on 1-man, it's not a 1-man sport. So I don't agree blaming her is fair at all. If you want to be the best club in Europe/the World you need more simply.

Just because Egonu had an out of this world win with Novara doesn't mean we should set that as the standard. It's literally unfair and not how you build a great team at al.

As always you are bending my words again😒

I didn't blame Boskovic for the defeat, i was just pointing out that maybe she is a setter dependent Opp.

• THe fact that a setter is doing well in Serie A doesn't mean she will do well in Eczacıbasi (Lloyd was amazing in Italy and look how she played in Turkey)

Lloyd was in a decline and we could see that starting in rio

She was so bad in praia...vitra knew how she was doing and equally decided to bring her

It was their fault....she was good in Serie A yes but then she just dropped her level a lot ...

• As always you are bending my words again😒

I didn't blame Boskovic for the defeat, i was just pointing out that maybe she is a setter dependent Opp.

If you are wondering that, then you either count Zivkovic among the great setters, or you suppressed EuroVolley 2017 and the destruction of all opponents (including Turkey) by Boskovic in the combination where Zivkovic was the setter. I certainly think that it is one of the bigest nonsense to include Boskovic in the setter dependent opp.

• I do not consider ECZ as a failure this Season. It was an experimental SEason. Thompson as OH... Young setters... Hande as starter.

I was gonna say the same thing: this season is 'too experimental' for a team that have high goals like Eczacibasi.

Elif : A very young setter that didnt have a chance to play in a top club before this season. She was always in a mid level or mediocre teams. It came out good, she is having a nice season but there are times she is having troubles and Mirkovic ist the one to fix it coming from bench.

Thompson: I am curious how Eczacibasi menager and team staff were convinced before the season that Thompson as OH(with Hande)is a good idea. I didnt like this idea even before the season, when everyone was saying 'finally young and promising team from Eczacibasi yaaay'. And she seems lost just before the end of the season.

Mirkovic: No need to say much. She is having a terrible season. She is 27 years old and it is again Eczacibasi manager to blame again to bring this girl to the team ,not showing any high level of play in her career. What would they expect? Mirkovic suddenly becoming new Maja:whistle:

Ogbogu: She was promising (and maybe still she is) before coming to Eczacibasi even though she hadnt proved it in international area. However, her joining the team was the most 'understandable experiment'.

I hope they can build a less experimental team for next season. They need a world class OH just to begin with (unfortunately there are not so much of these players)

• THe fact that a setter is doing well in Serie A doesn't mean she will do well in Eczacıbasi (Lloyd was amazing in Italy and look how she played in Turkey)

The last time Lloyd was playing well in Serie A1 was 2016; The year she went to Vitra was 2019, she was already past her prime. Poulter is still getting better, she's not even 24 yet. I don't think Lloyd's failure in Eczacibasi is applicable to Poulter's situation.

But, I want to see Poulter staying with Busto. Going to a top Turkish league means she won't be able to play full-time, which is very important for a young player's development.

Lloyd injured herself in 2017 and went downhill since then. And in any case, she shouldn’t be held as the norm since it’s only her case. She was declining yet Ecza still wanted her. Poulter is a different story.

• The last time Lloyd was playing well in Serie A1 was 2016; The year she went to Vitra was 2019, she was already past her prime. Poulter is still getting better, she's not even 24 yet. I don't think Lloyd's failure in Eczacibasi is applicable to Poulter's situation.

But, I want to see Poulter staying with Busto. Going to a top Turkish league means she won't be able to play full-time, which is very important for a young player's development.

I want Poulter at a team that she can be full-time starter, she’s too good to sit on the bench. But I also hope she can earn the big cheque of Ecz, she can probably earn 5 times more than her contract with Busto, and she deserves it.

• Lloyd had many injuries that made her "forgot" how to play volleyball. I'm not fan of her nor that discussion about Italy vs Turkey, but her injury is something that we cannot forget to take into account

Poulter has a bright future and she will be the top setter in the world one day

• Seems like ECZ will have another bad season based on the comments of this thread.:whistle:

I do sometimes wonder if Thaisa's injury cause the negative spell in the club. The curse is just too tremendous to dispel. :sos:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• The composition that the directors and coaching staff build for this season in Eczacıbaşı was messy from the beginning, the idea was not bad at all, but the pieces choosed was wrong.

When you have such a young team, you need some experienced player to balanced, and that player should be a setter, so at least you can make a proper game, inventive, creative, and with the equilibrium that this position needs. Mirkovic it's not acceptable to a mid level team of Brazil, why she would be for Eczacıbaşı? One of the dumbiest decisions ever.

I don't have any problems with the MB's, they can't do much if the structure of game is poor and do not favor them. Thompson it's simply not ready to play as OH in this level, it's too much pression for her to handle.

Boskovic was left to fight alone, you can't win everything in a team without pass, with a poor game in terms of criativity, dependent and stucked in your performance, waiting for miracles.

I just can't stand no more, Eczacipraia ClubE one more season spending money like never, losing like always.

• HARD Disagree that MBs don't contribute in the structure of the offense of a team.

MBs almost always initiate the offense of the team. Before a setter can touch the ball... they are already pushing forward. They are the point of reference for any setter. Without them, it's just endless spam to whoever hits the ball best on the wings.

#FreeBritney

• HARD Disagree that MBs don't contribute in the structure of the offense of a team.

MBs almost always initiate the offense of the team. Before a setter can touch the ball... they are already pushing forward. They are the point of reference for any setter. Without them, it's just endless spam to whoever hits the ball best on the wings.

I don't know if you referring to me, but I agree 100% with you. The problem is: they can keep pushing forward whatever they can, that will not make difference if the setter don't play with them, the adversaries don't even see them, they are completely focus on Boskovic, because the setter don't see anyone else besides her on court.

You can see Conegliano, how many times Egonu is in front of one blocker, sometimes not even one, because there is at least two possible plays, like Folie or Hill holding the MB. Boskovic has always double, triples blocks in front of her.

• I don't know if you referring to me, but I agree 100% with you. The problem is: they can keep pushing forward whatever they can, that will not make difference if the setter don't play with them, the adversaries don't even see them, they are completely focus on Boskovic, because the setter don't see anyone else besides her on court.

You can see Conegliano, how many times Egonu is in front of one blocker, sometimes not even one, because there is at least two possible plays, like Folie or Hill holding the MB. Boskovic has always double, triples blocks in front of her.

that’s because the game plan is literally to set Bosko it seems like. The setters don’t seem to have any confidence setting anyone or anything else