CEV Champions League 2021

• I love this petty fight, I should come up with a video of Naz now:lol:

• Now who beats her? :gone::dance6:;)

Kirillova kinda looks like Malinov, doesn't she? And even some of the moves I've seen from Malinov, it seems like she got it from Kirillova. A bit sad Russia no longer produces such setters. I think the ones that came close to her were Vassilevskaia and Babeshina.

• Most decorated setter of Champions league, she played in final four 10 times in a row (probably 11 with this year) and won 4 times:white::obey:

• Yes but right now She is not on the level of Maja and Wolosz. She is right behind them :thumbup:

Wolosz and Maja are performing for past many years on the same level all the time, Naz has to many ups and downs. But again Naz is great setter with great career behind her.

• I think Wolosz is shining in the system she plays. If you put her in a team with Mihajlovic, Busa and Vargas as wing players, she won't be able to shine as much. On the other hand she is one of the very rare players who can make Connegliano's system work so well.

To me Maja is beyond them. No matter what system or players she play with, her technique allows her to trick opponents badly. If you look in slow motion how she sets, she is watching opponents carefully and waiting until the very last moment to set the ball, making it so difficult to read it on time as a blocker.

Wolosz is easier to read but she gives way faster sets, opponents never have the time to make it on block.

Naz is nowhere close to their level in that sense. Her only plus is her blocking advantage compared to the other two. However Naz is a versatile setter, she can set faster than today (see Vakifbank and Lönneke-Naz or Gözde-Naz connections) but she can also play high balls, boring volleyball like today. To me Naz was a pleasure to watch during her Vakifbank times with Gözde.

• Kirillova kinda looks like Malinov, doesn't she? And even some of the moves I've seen from Malinov, it seems like she got it from Kirillova. A bit sad Russia no longer produces such setters. I think the ones that came close to her were Vassilevskaia and Babeshina.

Malinov's attempts to copy Kirillova's signature move are pathetic most of the time. The only setters I remember who used them fairly well are Babeshina and Oksana Parkhomenko.

• Most decorated setter of Champions league, she played in final four 10 times in a row (probably 11 with this year) and won 4 times:white::obey:

I think that Naz right now its not in the same level as she used to be on her young age.. maybe the fire on her eyes its not the same.

Eda-Naz duo on Fenerbahce 2011/2012 was a pleasure to watch.

• i enjoyed much more CL on final four format.

• I think that Naz right now its not in the same level as she used to be on her young age.. maybe the fire on her eyes its not the same.

Eda-Naz duo on Fenerbahce 2011/2012 was a pleasure to watch.

I accept that she is not having her best season so far but the team composition she is in right now is not easy for a setter. She still has a good connection with Eda. But she plays without a second MB (Dicle doesn't even bother to pretend like she will attack.) And Vargas is not anywhere close to Boskovic or Egonu, so she is only attacking boring high sets

Indeed Naz seems to have better connection with Busa than Maja has. Busa's offense performance was way better this season with naz compared to her time with Maja in NT.

I agree that Wolosz is only useful in certain system (Conegliano or Usa NT). Look at her performance in Polish NT, she doesn't look spectacular at all.

I appreciate versatility of Maja and Naz more. Both of them played in very different team compositions and still managed to be successful

• I think Wolosz is shining in the system she plays. If you put her in a team with Mihajlovic, Busa and Vargas as wing players, she won't be able to shine as much. On the other hand she is one of the very rare players who can make Connegliano's system work so well.

Same can be said of her. She greatly benefitted from her always all-star cast in club volleyball. But that doesn’t take away her successful story.

• This discussion / debate will never end even after all the 3 great setters retire, as it’s completely normal and fine that fans have different preferences and opinions. But the fact is Naz won the most important match against Wolosz, the Tokyo Olympics Qualification. I bet Wolosz would rather lose the “who-is-better-setter-battle” but to win that match and make it to the Olympics.

• Wolosz literally had 1 star in her NT and other one with 2.02M, original as OPP playing as OH and that is your fact why her NT is not showing anything special.:what::what:

On another hand Naz has Vargas, Eda, Brankica and Robison AT LEAST.

Lord from heaven wouldn’t help Polish NT. So pls that is stupid reason.

She can be happy that She played semi finals with her NT.

• You know, some may view this Maja-Naz-Joana debate as a setter version of the Big 3 endless debates of the past 2 years, but there's a fundamental difference between those 2 set of triplets. Boskovic-Egonu-Zhu are simple the 3 best players in the world of volleyball today, but there are many more excellent players. But it really seems that besides those 3 setters there are maybe Tomkom and Ding Xia and...that's about it as far as really good setters go today. Think about it for a moment: only 5 or so excellent setters in the world. That's...pretty bleak, isn't it? The art of setting is almost dying out.

So, I have even less of a problem with debates about who is the best of that small pool, because we should enjoy in them while we still have them, because folks, we might be in for a world of blandness in the near future, if things don't change