CEV Champions League 2021

• What I hate when it comes to Folie is that people don’t realise that She played maybe 10 match this season, again injury ?!?

She is again coming after injury. Give this girl a break. She played nice, nothing special but how her season was She played GREAT.

And I don’t see that Zehra, Rasic played better than her.

• All I know for OG is it doesn't have to be anything you expect. It the Olympics, dream of any athlete. So I should probably still not make any assumptions xD

• Saying that Folie played bad today isn't hate... Conegliano had someone on the bench today that could do more than what her did today... Simply as that... The same that we saw more Adams than Sylla today, how we wanted to see more Cansu and Kubra than Maya and Zehra sometimes too

• Saying that Folie played bad today isn't hate... Conegliano had someone on the bench today that could do more than what her did today... Simply as that... The same that we saw more Adams than Sylla today, how we wanted to see more Cansu and Kubra than Maya and Zehra sometimes too

period

• I remember when Sheilla played for VakifBank and they lost the Semi Final against Eczacibasi. They did the same thing to her. It’s really bad

I’m fairly new to the scene on Instagram and the volleyball forums, and I am not trying to offend anyone here but I’ve noticed that the Turkish fans tend to be more vocal to players in their comments and such. I don’t speak Turkish but based on context clues there are often times the comments are very demeaning. I wonder how this affects players... I know I’ve seen comments on this forum about how certain players have expressed that playing in Turkey can be difficult because of the “pressure”, is it fan pressure?

I mean Zehra, Maja and Milena are such good players. To get this much hate after one game is a little ridiculous. Especially from the fans of the club....

• I’m fairly new to the scene on Instagram and the volleyball forums, and I am not trying to offend anyone here but I’ve noticed that the Turkish fans tend to be more vocal to players in their comments and such. I don’t speak Turkish but based on context clues there are often times the comments are very demeaning. I wonder how this affects players... I know I’ve seen comments on this forum about how certain players have expressed that playing in Turkey can be difficult because of the “pressure”, is it fan pressure?

I mean Zehra, Maja and Milena are such good players. To get this much hate after one game is a little ridiculous. Especially from the fans of the club....

I didn't notice much hate to Maja and Milena? I don't think it's fans of the club anyway it's casual viewers.

I mean what kinda answer do you expect for something like this anyway :gone: there is the same kinda players who said previously they disliked playing in Italy too I can think of Yvon Belien, Sloetjes, Rahimova quickly out of head. I don't really think it's particularly different or much compared to the rest of the world if you wanna go there...

Sure Turkey is more strict than Italy probably but I mean Idk it's two complete different countries and people with different mindsets. And this is a very generalized and summarized statement. But for example look at Korea :rolll: the pressure can be even more next-level. I guess Turkey is more similar to the Asian countries in general in that regard. The casual 'fans' can be toxic in both.

But at the end of the day, any country that has so many championship cups in the last decade or any place where it's super competitive like that will have pressure, we're talking about reaching the best of the best in the world, it will have much pressure in any sport, in any country in the world.

• About you say of Italy,I don't followed that much but I knew rahimova has problem where she pass...also she has been a trouble in brazil

Sloetjes was sad because she wasn't given so much time on court,i don't remember her been attacked

And yvon belien is happy in firenze,had troubles in modena? I didn't knew

But yes some turkish fans are aggresive,I don't follow italian groups but maybe there are toxic ones like wherever

• And yvon belien is happy in firenze,had troubles in modena? I didn't knew

Yes, she was unhappy in Modena, because she thought her teammates and staff were underhanded. That's why she moved to Turkey.

• I agree at the end of the day it's almost anywhere, maybe people are a bit different from the way they go about it Idk.

But thinking about it I highly doubt Turkey is more toxic than many other countries like Italy or anything else. I don't want to send proof and start more drama but I remembered some things :gone: Anyway it just proves toxicity is everywhere and it generally really is the casual viewers

• I think maybe is more view in turkish side cause there are so many users and followers there,really fans

While you don't see many italians in chats or lives and even in lega page there isn't much

But Altinli i was talking about fans,maybe there are toxic italians group in fb,idk

• My Dream team:

S: Poulter, Wolosz

Opp: Egonu, Haak

Oh: Mbh, Bosetti, Gabi

Mb: Ogbogu, De Kruijf, Evdokimova

L: De Gennaro, Leonardi

Worth mentioning: Rivers, Gray, Wasilewska, Ayca, Mingardi

• Jules

That's also true, almost all chats are filled with Turkish people, more chance for Turkish people to be toxic too than.

Same thing f.e. is with Brazillians, some people called them toxic but you can tell they just have a lot of fans as well and there is always a few trolls and rude people.

The thing with VB is also there are a bunch of VB fans AND there are a bunch of casual Turkish volleyball fans who root for them (since they are so good and represent Turkish volleyball) vs the opponent but aren't really VB fans per se, they tend to be the more toxic ones as well. There is a lot of team hoppers like that.

• not all of them. Some players run their own social media. MBH and Hill do (I don’t know about the others)

Yeah, I meant the social media of the clubs! If you mean that people go to comment on their personal social media then I understand! But I guess it happens to everyone (I remember an idiot going to Pietrini's Instagram to blame her after Italy lost a match in VNL) 🙄

• Yeah, I meant the social media of the clubs! If you mean that people go to comment on their personal social media then I understand! But I guess it happens to everyone (I remember an idiot going to Pietrini's Instagram to blame her after Italy lost a match in VNL) 🙄

oh my bad.... yea I’ve seen some “fans” get real nasty on the personal pages.... honestly should just turn comments off for awhile

• Bi MVP

Did another player have done that?

Ravva is also a two-time MVP in a roll. She has 3 MVPs overall. Piccinini won 2 times within a few years.

• Got it! Thanks for the explanations everyone. I truly don’t get on social media enough and usually it’s just for news and to follow sports. But I’ve noticed on personal accounts how brutal it can be. I’m not saying Turkish fans are more toxic I just tend to see more Turkish comments even for players not playing in Turkey! Social media can be a toxic place though so it’s not surprising