Japan Women's NT 2021

• Denso (barely). I believe it was the end of 16/17 that she was injured, hanging around in a wheelchair. Don't know what the injury was but she took a year off and then came back and didn't play until this past season 20/21.

knee injury in May 2017. took 1.5 years to get back on the court.

• It's just a draft

The Title of that "New System" document is:

Love Sports, Love Music supported by AIU (仮タイトル) - 2021-2022久光スプリングス新体制-002-1

Love Sports, Love Music supported by AIU (Tentative title) - 2021-2022Hisamitsu Springs new system-002-1

• Are SWP, Kelsey etc. confirmed by other clubs already?

Hitachi has Hanna in their list but I thought I saw an article that included her in the players that are leaving. I'm so confused

• In terms of "New" imports, none are confirmed by team announcement or V.League. That includes SWP, Kelsey, Lutz?, 4T, Teixeira, that I've heard of.

In terms of returning imports, Foluke is the first and only one to be "announced" by the team. She is not, however, on the V.League SAGA roster which means, I'd wager, they don't have a signed contract yet. In my experience, V.League site has never had someone on their site (based on SNS gossip) without a contract, and removes a player immediately if they get a resignation. That makes Jana, Hannah, and Annie ... interesting. Jana and Hannah never left the V.League or Home site. Drews never left the JT Home site but is not on V.League.

So I dunno :white:

I believe social media gossip, but would never add anyone to a wikipedia page based on it. But I also don't remove anyone from wikipedia until I see an announced resignation (or the new season starts without them). I think that's how V.League site works (even though, as I understand it, all contracts are for 1 year). ?(

• I don't know how Japanese citizenship works or what choices parents/children have, but in one of those deep dive articles Phoenix posted somewhere, it google word salad'd into Momii saying she got Japanese citizenship after joining JT. Something like "1.5 years after gaining Japanese citizenship I'm off to the Olympics"

She was born in Japan

Her mom is the one who is half Japanese. I thought it was her dad, or else google flip-flopped father and mother the way they play loose with he and she/him and her

• I don't know how Japanese citizenship works or what choices parents/children have, but in one of those deep dive articles Phoenix posted somewhere, it google word salad'd into Momii saying she got Japanese citizenship after joining JT. Something like "1.5 years after gaining Japanese citizenship I'm off to the Olympics"

She was born in Japan

Her mom is the one who is half Japanese. I thought it was her dad, or else google flip-flopped father and mother the way they play loose with he and she/him and her

at the age of 20 (age of adulthood in Japan), you have to choose. To be a Japanese citizen, if parents are foreigners, but born in Japan, you need to have lived in Japan at least 5 years, and turn in your alien registration card.

• Nakada still believe that Kurogo will be the ace of the team 🤔. I think its most likely koga will carry the workload than kurogo. But kurogo need to support koga on this. Together with ishikawa. The middles provided they will do their job. I just really hope that Momii wont rely on kurogo all the time. A well distributed sets is better than most teams will expect its always on kurogo. They shouldnt be too predictable otherwise they will struggle to win.

• I'm more optimistic now that I've seen the mug shots :heart:

• Nakada still believe that Kurogo will be the ace of the team 🤔. I think its most likely koga will carry the workload than kurogo. But kurogo need to support koga on this. Together with ishikawa. The middles provided they will do their job. I just really hope that Momii wont rely on kurogo all the time. A well distributed sets is better than most teams will expect its always on kurogo. They shouldnt be too predictable otherwise they will struggle to win.

Nakada didn't say Kurogo is THE ACE. if you watched the video I posted above they have 3 ace candidates (K-I-K) with Koga being the highest of the 3. The fact that Nakada didn't mention either Mayu and Koga means she knows those 2 will take care of reception +Ishii and maybe Hayashi. Whereas Kurogo needs affirmation that this team is relying on her to do her best to score sans-Nagaoka who was going to be the reinforcement with Tashiro but instead it will be the middles. They need her to score as much as possible with Momii.

• Nakada didn't say Kurogo is THE ACE. if you watched the video I posted above they have 3 ace candidates (K-I-K) with Koga being the highest of the 3. The fact that Nakada didn't mention either Mayu and Koga means she knows those 2 will take care of reception +Ishii and maybe Hayashi. Whereas Kurogo needs affirmation that this team is relying on her to do her best to score sans-Nagaoka who was going to be the reinforcement with Tashiro but instead it will be the middles. They need her to score as much as possible with Momii.

Nakata: Normally, the reason why I chose 4 people in many countries with 3 middle-aged people was that I initially thought that I would change 2 cards in Nagaoka, but the condition did not improve and it was a bit tough. As the situation continued, I decided to change the number of middlemen to four, considering changing two cards, including that area. It is best to prioritize the height of the middle block, assuming that such a situation will occur rather than whether or not to replace the two. However, in the part where Ai Kurogo fought to the end with VNL this time, I think that it is best for Ai Kurogo to play an active part as an ace until the end... …this was from nakada’s press conference.

• Girl at least post the translation

Kumi Nakada added during the announcement of the final 12 players for Tokyo that "this team is Kurogo's team" and "Kurogo is the ace"

"I don't think anything about that at all. I will do my best to support Kurogo when she scores, and it's the same for other players." Koga said

OH MY GODDD

• lol sorry! 😂