Italian Women NT 2021

• I agree that 4 MB don't make sense, this is just the vibe I'm getting but I hope I'm wrong :rolll:

As for Lucia, I honestly would not bring her regardless. She's never playing, and when she does she is deadweight on the front and on the back just ok reception and good defense. If she's not able to have at least a decent level on the front row and just has to play as second libero, I would bring an actual libero instead. I don't know, maybe she's going to be on the VNL and depending on how she performs there she might get a call.

• I agree that 4 MB don't make sense, this is just the vibe I'm getting but I hope I'm wrong :rolll:

As for Lucia, I honestly would not bring her regardless. She's never playing, and when she does she is deadweight on the front and on the back just ok reception and good defense. If she's not able to have at least a decent level on the front row and just has to play as second libero, I would bring an actual libero instead. I don't know, maybe she's going to be on the VNL and depending on how she performs there she might get a call.

Not

She's not doing good at libero

It isn't enough to be good at defense or receive to be a good one

We saw cases like murilo,jaque or sassa that couldn't adapt

On othee hand,I forget piani

She should be called

Just follow what the US is doing... no liberos for anyone! :lol:

• I know a lot of people here don't like Chirichella. So she is not on their lists. But what makes you guys think Folie will for sure be on the Olympic list? She had several injuries in the past few years and still struggling with recovery. She is not at her best anymore.

Danesi would for sure on the list. The second one is most likely to be Chirichella. Fahr, Folie, Bonifacio, Lubian will compete for the third position. Fahr is in the lead now. Folie and Bonifacio still have some chance. Lubian has a very low chance to make it.

• Because Folie is the best MB in Italian NT and the best MB in the league.

She is playing in the best club in the world right now. Winning MVP award at last SuperCup.

And for me in the top 5 in the World.

• Sorry but Folie has been recovering slowly,Imoco don't have no need to rush her considering that actual mb are good

But we saw her in supercup and league that she's the best ITALIAN MB RIGHT NOW

she is gonna be back in January is everything is ok

Her spot is one that has been sure with moki and egonu since last year

• one think I forget is to include piani and cumino

Piani i always loved her,she was amazing in under age competitions and now is showing her best

I like what cumino did with trento but i doubt she had a chance now with the amoubt of good or promising setter in italy

• It's amazing to me Folie manages to stay in form even after all those injuries, like how... Kudos to her ofc, it's like witchcraft :D must be one called talent

• Danesi and Chirichella will always be valuable because of their blocking. If Italy brings only 3 MBs, it would be between Danesi, Chirichella, Folie and Fahr. If we factor in the starting setter, who is most likely Malinov, then the more they need a blocking MB since Malinov would have a hard time setting the middles for sure :gone:

• Yes

I remember cambi when came in at world champ she had a gret connection with danesi and make her do the points

Italy has a nice receive,hope that if malinov isn't ok,mazzanti let the back up play

• I think Italy has big chances to earn a medal (finally!) at the olympics next year and getting a gold doesn't sound too far fetched. Specially if Malinov will drastically improve her sets to the Middles. She's been the weakest link in this possibly the strongest Italian lineup ever.

• The 99% chances I see Italy winning a medal is gonna depend on Sylla and malinov

If they perform like in world champs,it's possible

But I see them as irregular as always,even pietrini that is youngers is more consistent

• IMO italy needs to be 1 or 2 in their group if they want to be in semis

Because if they finish in that places,they are facing korea,rd or japan

That teams are way behind Italy and if they lost it WILL BE TRUE THAT ITALY IS CURSED

So many talk about korea in london 2012 but that team have an amazing team and kim was awesome,italy sas favourite but the rival was also good

Tgis 3 teams are not nearly close to that level so italy should win

If they finish 3 or 4 i see her chance decreasing and against them because serbia is strong and Italy haven't achieved to win in important matches right now,BRAZIL IS BRAZIL even if they're bad.they have that strenght and "garra" that make them EXTREMELY DANGEROUS

• Yep, I was watching 2012 matches and Korea was really good back then. I don't really see Italy finishing below 2nd in Pool B.

• My Dream Team:

Alessia Orro

Paola Egonu

Caterina Bosetti

Miriam Sylla

Cristina Chirichella

Sarah Fahr ( Raphaela Folie injuried)

Moki De Gennaro

Reserve
    Lia Malinov

Camilla Mingardi

Elena Pietrini

Alessia Gennari

Anna Danesi

Sara Bonifacio (Sarah Fahr if Folie plays).

Giulia Leonardi

• Mingardi?

Sorry but she didn't prove to be NT material till now

And gennari this is her worst season ever

• Mingardi?

Sorry but she didn't prove to be NT material till now

And gennari this is her worst season ever

Agree. But Mingardi made lots of point and she is not expected to play at all (Egonu won't ever be changed).

About Gennari I think that it is actually the worst season for busto but she deserve to go to the olympics

• In my opinion Sorokaite should be in the team!! She has proven herself and she can play both oh and opp. Also she has good serve for substitution

• In my opinion Sorokaite should be in the team!! She has proven herself and she can play both oh and opp. Also she has good serve for substitution

Sorokaite is good but Mazzanti usually convene only players who have disputed italian championship.

BTW never say never