USA Women's NT 2021

• Carlini is better to the pins and to the right while Poulter is more physical (blocking/defense) and sets the middle better.

Well, Poulter is taller, but Carlini has better blocking and defense than Plouter, especially defense.

Hancock is the most eye-catching setter of them three, but Carlini and Poulter are definitely the ones that fit better in Karch's system... It's not that I agree with said system, but it is what it is

I agree with you. Hancock just doesn't fit in Karch's system. Fast and flat balls setting to position 4 is the weapon. But Hancock's setting to position 4 is really problematic.

• I agree with you. Hancock just doesn't fit in Karch's system. Fast and flat balls setting to position 4 is the weapon. But Hancock's setting to position 4 is really problematic.

I think that's really whats important. The USA doesnt have a Zhu, Bosko, or Egonu.... their weapon is pushing the ball faster than any other team. They're never going to outslug any of those teams, but they can be faster/more efficient. Will they? Idk but thats their path to the podium.

• I think that's really whats important. The USA doesnt have a Zhu, Bosko, or Egonu.... their weapon is pushing the ball faster than any other team. They're never going to outslug any of those teams, but they can be faster/more efficient. Will they? Idk but thats their path to the podium.

Currently, the most suitable setter for Krach's system is Joanna Wolosz. But, unfortunately, she is the Polish NT setter.

• Let's not exaggerate Hancock's serving so much as it is best in the world. She might be the best jump server among setters but there is almost no other setter doing it anyways:lol:

• Let's not exaggerate Hancock's serving so much as it is best in the world. She might be the best jump server among setters but there is almost no other setter doing it anyways:lol:

Malinov with her 20km/hr jump serve.

• Can you think of any other better jump server?

Maybe Boskovic, Mihajlovic, Vargas, and Egonu. Idk

But as serdar said, she is the best jump server among the setters.

....One of the bests.

She’s currently ahead of Egonu in Italian League by a mile as well as CL so she’s really up there.

• Can you think of any other better jump server?

Egonu, Haak, Boskovic, Sytsiak, Mihajlovic, Bricio

• ....One of the bests.

She’s currently ahead of Egonu in Italian League by a mile as well as CL so she’s really up there.

In CL Sytsiak is leading

• good thing we dont even have any healthy middles atm ;(

Its not too late to make peace with Gibby or just bring Gibby 2.0

Egonu, Haak, Boskovic, Sytsiak, Mihajlovic, Bricio

I could not be bothered to look at the numbers atm but is this a personal preference or back by statistics? Cause if you list someone as better and shes comfortably behind ( by a mile apparently??) Hancock this season then maybe you're downplaying her effectiveness as much as the others seem to exaggerate it. Whats the barometer? What makes them better?

• but stysiak played more matches than her. Anyway, im not saying she is the best but she’s up there with those top tier girls.

Even if you check ace per set, still Stystiak and Egonu are better.

Anyways, I am a sucker for jump servers (my all-time favourites were Neslihan Demir and Nancy Carillo) so I of course like Hancock's jump serves as well but she is not THE best as some people claimed here.

I don't think it is a good idea to bring a jump server as a serving sub. Jump serving is already quite error-prone, and if the player is coming from bench as 'cold', it will be riskier. I think Karch would better use a good jump-float server who can place the ball to the tactically targeted receiver. These kind of players would be much more useful than a jump server at crucial points/end of the sets

• You all forgot that She is making WAY less errors than every player that you mentioned.

• I would really love to see SWP at Olympics, OTOH i am pretty sure that she will not be even in consideration, because of insisting on that super fast system which requires reception at a very high level, not that good reception is bad thing, but with SWP they will get much needed strength and determination from zone 4. I mean they still can play super fast, just with for a bit worse reception.

Poulter - SWP/JT (Carlini - Drews)

SWP/JT - Larson (Hill - MBH)

Ogbogu - Washington (Adams)

Robinson

With 12 names roster it is hard to be smart, i mean Robinson is IMO so good OH to play as libero, but also she is good in that, and all other 4 OH are to good to be cut. At the end this is risky choice of 12, and i am sure that Karch will not risk at Olympic with a lot of "new" players without experience on major tournaments (Olympic, World), i mean SWP, JT, Ogbogu, Washington are all without that experience.