USA Women's NT 2021

• That would be my ideal roster I think.

But I don't think Hill gets dropped.

• I want Krob to live blog everyone’s reactions as the Olympic roster is announced. And then an interview with each of the cut players plus bonus content of live streaming of their practice the next day. Make it happen!!! 😂

• I think KP and SWP know their time is in Paris.

Annie and JT are locks.

3rd MB, 2nd SET and LIB will be tight.

The great part is that we'll see KP and SWP again next year and they'll be more experienced come VNL and WCH 2022!

I think setters are clear Poulter and Carlini.

Although USA lack having an Egonu, Boskovic, and Zhu they probably have the best roster depth heading into the Olympics. Quite a few NT have a drop off from their starters and their bench.

• The great part is that we'll see KP and SWP again next year and they'll be more experienced come VNL and WCH 2022!

I think setters are clear Poulter and Carlini.

Although USA lack having an Egonu, Boskovic, and Zhu they probably have the best roster depth heading into the Olympics. Quite a few NT have a drop off from their starters and their bench.

USA is one of those teams that don't really need a figurehead. It's better that way imo

• The great part is that we'll see KP and SWP again next year and they'll be more experienced come VNL and WCH 2022!

WCH 2022 has the potential to have bloodbath group stages if certain teams' rankings do not recover in time and the seeding turns unbalanced.

• That would be my ideal roster I think.

But I don't think Hill gets dropped.

USA needs another offensive OH aside from Bartsch. Hill's defensive skill is not enough at this point. Whatever she can do, Larson and Robinson can do it better, these two also have better scoring numbers than her.

Karch has a different mindset compared last cycle. He wants to form the best team, kumbaya this time is just secondary.

SWP or Plummer will take her spot, that's my bet.

For libero, JWO won me over at this stage.

Hancock is making a good case. She may upset one of the girls if the trend continues.

• Poulter and Hancock :heart:

Poulter as clear starter and Hancock as double sub with her amazing serve...

• And what can swp/kp can do that other OHs can't do? Lol i don't know, me too not satisfied so far with how hill is doing offensively with whatever reason but we all know she can step up when needed! I think their priorities right now are those players who made the olympic qualifiers!

I listen to a usa podcast and can't remember, but for them to select the roster for the olympic their formula is this.

1.Those players who played the Olympic qualifiers (because of them the team made it to Olympics)

The rest are secondary could be performance during club, nT season etc..

• So from that qualifiers roster. Here is my prediction for olympic roster.

S: Jordyn Poulter, Lauren Carlini

M: Tori Dixon, Haleigh Washington, Foluke (Ogbogu)

OHs: Jordan Larson, Michelle Bartsch-Hackley, Kim Hill, Kelsey Robinson

OPP: Annie Drews, Jordan Thompson

L: Megan Courtney (jwo)

• There is no way that Akinradewo will be out and Dixon would be in.

In general, I don't like this loyalty argument that Guidetti also is a fan of. Qualifications were ages ago and there is a huge difference between players' performance from then and now. OG is a platform for best teams with best players. I am hoping for a merit base selection from all trainers

• Qualifications were ages ago and there is a huge difference between players' performance from then and now

Totally agree, and this was a very special year, but it makes you wonder if the qualifications should really be that far away from the Olympics. The first batch of teams in the IOQTs were decided on August 4 2019, and the first match was scheduled to be July 25 2020. That's practically a whole year.

• Totally agree, and this was a very special year, but it makes you wonder if the qualifications should really be that far away from the Olympics. The first batch of teams in the IOQTs were decided on August 4 2019, and the first match was scheduled to be July 25 2020. That's practically a whole year.

I understand it, to an extent (like get an invite to the VNL/the gym to try to earn their spot) but it shouldn't have a say in the olympic roster (should be completely based on play in 2021)

• If I had to rank positions from "for sures to toss ups"

For Sure

Opp: Drews, JT

Mostly Sure

MB: Foluke, Chi, Washington

Potential for surprise

OH: SWP/Plummer for Hill or MBH

Any of them could be on the roster

S: Hancock/Carlini/Poulter

Toss Up

L: Courtney/JWO

I would be absolutely shocked to see any other MB combo. I wouldn't be surprised to see any combo of OH/S/L

• There is no way that Akinradewo will be out and Dixon would be in.

In general, I don't like this loyalty argument that Guidetti also is a fan of. Qualifications were ages ago and there is a huge difference between players' performance from then and now. OG is a platform for best teams with best players. I am hoping for a merit base selection from all trainers

Yeah i agree. But if you look at it. They will never use this vnl to see who gets in or out because from the very beginning they are only playing against weaker team and erin was very clear week1-3 are to see who fits in not who is/are better because again playing against b or c team and evaluate who play better? So their only basis are those who made the qualifiers and it's clear they didn't bring lowe and adams to vnl and they are not also in qualifiers and those who actually perform during club season because there is no NT season for 2020 that is why again lowe and adams did not met that because they did not really play abroad.

• They can't afford an injured middle.

Yup. Four middles is too much (other places will be too thin) and three runs the risk of injury -- then you have no replacements.

But then again, we're talking about a coach who brought three setters to last Olympics, so who knows what's gonna happen this time.

• Yup. Four middles is too much (other places will be too thin) and three runs the risk of injury -- then you have no replacements.

But then again, we're talking about a coach who brought three setters to last Olympics, so who knows what's gonna happen this time.

if there's a time to bring 3 setters to an olympics, this would be it.

but i dont think he will. He would bring Hancock and leave Poulter/Carlini home if he wanted the serve.