China NT 2021

• Some offensive stats I pulled out of FIVB's a$$, not 100% accurate.

PointsErrorsTotalPercentEfficiency
    Wang Yuanyuan
    59912049.17%41.61%
    Yang Hanyu
    581511948.74%36.13%
    Gao Yi
    1002934.48%34.48%
    Zheng Yixin
    841942.11%21.05%
    Zhang Changning
    1324430643.14%28.76%
    Li Yao
    723123530.64%17.45%
    Liu Yanhan
    461116328.22%21.47%
    Liu Xiaotong
    331913225.00%10.61%
    Duan Fang
    331410730.84%17.76%
  • It may be an unpopular opinion, but I believe Liu XY has secured her position to Tokyo after today’s match. Not that she was excellent in this match, but she showed she still could contribute when it mattered most. She was (finally) not rolling the ball all the time and just throwing the ball to the other side of the net back from the service line, she did hit it hard today and still could score from time to time. I believe Jenny would still take her over Liu YH or Duan.

who needs a 4th OH when there's Zhu, Zhang, and Li? I still really don't see the last roster spots making a difference.

• Other than the 6 in quarantine + ZCN, YD, WMJ, I really can't think of 10-12ths.

of the nine, there are

3 OHs

2 MB

2 S

1 OPP

1 L

Knowing Lang Ping, she will want another OPP to make double-sub available. If Zhu/Zhang start (which makes the most sense) then Li can't play opposite. Neither can LXT.

For the 10th spot, Based on who has been given opportunities, it seems that Li Yao is a lock. I really don't see what Jenny sees in her, but she's started almost every match (also I don't really see anybody who can play second opposite either way... lol). there's an argument to be made that LYH is being tested as a sub since that's her role in Tokyo, but she didn't make much of an impact coming in.

For the 11th spot, it's 1 more middle, definitely between YHY and WYY. I don't know who to take, they are pretty even... I would argue that 3rd middle is useful only if Yan Ni gets injured (pray no injuries) and in that case YXY will play Yan Ni's spot and the 3rd middle will have to play YXY's spot. YHY has no slide so I guess based on that Wang Yuanyuan will go? I admit it's a really flimsy argument.

Finally the 12th spot, either a second libero, 4th OH, or 4th MB. I guess Jenny will take LXT as a lucky charm :D although personally I would prefer Lin Li.

so my guess for final roster is

OH: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, LI Yingying, Liu Xiaotong

MB: Yuan Xinyue, Yan Ni, Wang Yuanyuan

S: Ding Xia, Yao Di

OPP: Gong Xiangyu, Li Yao

L: Wang Mengjie.

7 from 2016, 5 new. And as usual, I am ready to be surprised...

• Who is left? (First, congrats to Yao Di for making the roster)

5 OH: Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, LI Yingying, Liu Xiaotong, Liu Yanhan

4 MB: Yuan Xinyue, Yan Ni, Wang Yuanyuan, Yang Hanyu

2 S: Ding Xia, Yao Di

2 OPP: Gong Xiangyu, Li Yao

2 L: Wang Mengjie, Lin Li

Wang Mengjie is going for sure, Lin Li is just there as an alternate.

And as usual, I am ready to be surprised...

Well, I didn't anticipate 15 players here, so... yeah I am surprised lol. Expected 13 with two liberos (which would be a final roster)

• I'd say that we'll have more guesses based on the 14 person roster for the match against the netherlands, but knowing Jenny she would probably leave Yan Ni or Zhang Changning in the hotel or something just to mess with us. :S

• http://www.volleychina.org/202…doc-ikqciyzi7426747.shtml

the training players of Chinese U20 NT for 2021 U20 WCH in July:

Head Coach: Shi Hai-rong

Players:

Liu Mei-jun (OP), Dong Ming-xiao (OH), Xia Si-jia, Zhang Xin-yue, Han Wen-xu, Gao Hui-yi, Zhu Xing-chen (L), Zhou Ye-tong (OH), Tang Xin (OP), Chen Yi-fan, Cong Xiao-hui, Zhuang Yu-shan (OH), Wang Wen-han (MB), Gao Ya, Zhang Ke-fan (S)

15 players, maybe 7 WSs, 4 MBs, 2 setters and 2 liberos

Poor Wu Meng-jie ... injured in the U20 event of Chinese National Games

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• what was the roster from 2016 Rio? How many changes will CHN have compared to that roster?

• what was the roster from 2016 Rio? How many changes will CHN have compared to that roster?

Hui RQ (OH, C), Wei QY (S), Xu YL (MB), Yang FX (Opp) retired. The rest are still with the team, only question marks will be whether Liu XT (OH) & Lin L (L) are gonna make it to Tokyo.

Other changes will be Yao Di replacing Wei as back up setter; Li YY will take a spot of OH; either Yang HY or Wang YY will be the 3rd MB; Li Yao may be the back up Opp; Wang MJ (L) will possibly replace Lin.

• Read that Lin Li and LXT are leaving as well. ZCN, Yao Di, WMJ are locked in for Tokyo Olympics (never doubted about it). There are 3 spots left. If LP decided to take 2 spikers and 1MB, my guess is Li Yao, (for sure) LYH and WYY . If one spiker and 2MB, they will be LY, WYY and WHY.

• I wonder who's the FIVB commentator of the match CHN vs BRA?

He's a great commentator, had impartial commentary and focus solely on the match, not talked about other irrelevant things, and gave praise to whom deserved it. His comment was concise yet carried substances, not clichés, reflected the ongoing match progress and pinpointed. I wish other FIVB commentators will learn from him! :whistle:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Since there are still quite a few substitutes in the lineup, I guess in the subsequent matches we will see arrangements like 5 starters + 2 subs or 6 starters + 1 sub.

But I hope we don't play LYY or any of the subs in the match vs. USA, just the 7 that started in the world cup to see if they developed any answers to it.

• Since there are still quite a few substitutes in the lineup, I guess in the subsequent matches we will see arrangements like 5 starters + 2 subs or 6 starters + 1 sub.

But I hope we don't play LYY or any of the subs in the match vs. USA, just the 7 that started in the world cup to see if they developed any answers to it.

And I think it's too early to show off all the cards here :P:D that's why I keep on reminding the goal is in the OG not this VNL... even the one-million dollar extra bonus still doesn't alter the standing ha ha ha:D^^ the aim should not be swayed, moreover there's an apparent JINX of WGP/VNL.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”