Russia NT 2021

• The number of good OH is limited in Russia. But there are several decent OH who play in this position which is something Pilipenko and Smirnova did not do last season. Possible players with pretty good reception skills: M. Frolova, Chaplina, Zvereva, Shvchuk (attack is weaker than the others), Shcherban, Kotikova.

Yes, kurilo is pregnant, Parubets is injured but still I can add three more names to the list Simonenko, Krotkova and Ezhak ( at least she is the current champion of the Russian league). Well, now the roster doesn't seem very limited to me if tbh. If we take two of them who have the better reception and more experience (Frolova, Chaplina), we can complete the roster in this position (Frolova, Chaplina, Voronkova, Fedorovtseva). Well, it's not like we need 15 outside hitters, or it is not like other national teams have 15 decent outside hitters with better reception. Well, it's not football, so we don't need 21 players, so we could complete the roster with two decent outside hitters (I'd go for Frolova and Chaplina, or Krotkova and Chaplina) imo.

• Yes, kurilo is pregnant, Parubets is injured but still I can add three more names to the list Simonenko, Krotkova and Ezhak ( at least she is the current champion of the Russian league). Well, now the roster doesn't seem very limited to me if tbh. If we take two of them who have the better reception and more experience (Frolova, Chaplina), we can complete the roster in this position (Frolova, Chaplina, Voronkova, Fedorovtseva). Well, it's not like we need 15 outside hitters, or it is not like other national teams have 15 decent outside hitters with better reception. Well, it's not football, so we don't need 21 players, so we can complete the roster with two decent outside hitters imo.

Is Chaplina still Active?

• They have three attacking OHs and use Pilipenko as a defensive OH plus the one from the setters and one from MBs will be removed, it is way better than people worried about before- at least Malygina, Brovkina are gone. This lineup really does not look that bad.

• We always criticize Malygina, but we always forget to criticize the person who invites her to the national team.

In short, the root of the problem is the coaches not players or with other words, the lack of good coach at the national team level.

Do you really think that decision of inviting Malygina was made only by the coach? By Busato? And five years ago, in Rio, by Marichev?

I think you are mistaken about the root of the problem. These coaches (Kuzutkin, Marichev, Ushakov, Pankov, Busato) are the tip of the iceberg. They are a part of this “system”. They agreed to play this role. And now they may only propose a list of the players.

Busato's contract will come to the end after Tokyo and who will head the team for European championship? Voronkov or Kurnosov? 😉 You know why these guys?

And the last but not least: players are not the innocent angels. As you know some of them asked the federation to appoint Busato head coach.

• Yes, she was the third best receiver in the Russian League this year. Even at the beginning of the season, Chaplina performed better than Voronkova and that's why her team defeated Loko in the Russian Cup.

If she performed well. Howcome she was not invited for the NT. Instead busato invite some who aren’t really supposed to be there.

• i don't deny the fact that they deserve a chance maybe buy russian players's level actually is so low that can't make a big impact at high international stage and i think those wouldn't

Only fedorotseva and she's a big talent

• I actually think this list of 14 names bad, the OH position is a problem and they are not putting any effort to solve that, I agree with Chaplina and Frolova, seems definitely better than Smirnova/Pilipenko, but they're are trying to put a bandage to fill a hole.

One of Matveeva or Romanova (doesn't matter that much, both are bad) should get cut plus Efimova, I think Enina is better them her overall.

• List of Russia

S: Startseva-Matveeva

Op: Goncharova-Lazareva

Oh: Arina-Voronkova-Smirnova

Mb: Koroleva-Fetisova-Enina

L: Podkopaeva-Pilipenko

• Does Enina have any international experience?

Russia likes to bring someone to debut in olympics:

Voronkova, Vetrova (did not play in Rio cycle I believe?) in 2016

• Glad to see the right decision was made about Enina vs Efimova but I think it won’t be enough. A healthy Parubets would’ve made a huge difference to this team.