Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2021/2022)

• It is just so funny how you think Ebrar will improve Novara. She is talented indeed but she will not carry Novara with 50-70% attack and I don’t know why you think she will be next Egonu. Possibly only Boskovic or Haak could help Novara but still it could be too little to beat Cogneliano.

Ebrar did nothing amazing in NT or Turkish league so where does this expectation come from?

• It is just so funny how you think Ebrar will improve Novara. She is talented indeed but she will not carry Novara with 50-70% attack and I don’t know why you think she will be next Egonu. Possibly only Boskovic or Haak could help Novara but still it could be too little to beat Cogneliano.

Ebrar did nothing amazing in NT or Turkish league so where does this expectation come from?

She did quite amazing during last VNL and olympic qualifications

She is of course not on the same level of Boskoviç or Haak but she is one of the few top opposites just below these 3. It is not like there are many dominant Opps in the market. If Novara is really keeping its OHs, they don't need someone who would attack with 70% anyways, Someone attacking around 40-45% would be just fine and Ebrar is well capable of that.

• I don’t know why you think she will be next Egonu.

Who said this? I don't remember anyone who said that... it is not amazing but She performed well in Turkish league and showed her potential in VNL19.She does not have a long national team career, I believe this summer will be a very good season for Ebrar.

• She did quite amazing during last VNL and olympic qualifications

She is of course in the same level of Boskoviç or Haak but she is one of the few top opposites just below these 3. It is not like there are many dominant Opps in the market. If Novara is really keeping its OHs, they don't need someone who would attack with 70% anyways, Someone attacking around 40-45% would be just fine and Ebrar is well capable of that.

She is at same level of boskovic and haak? What?

• She did quite amazing during last VNL and olympic qualifications

She is of course in the same level of Boskoviç or Haak but she is one of the few top opposites just below these 3. It is not like there are many dominant Opps in the market. If Novara is really keeping its OHs, they don't need someone who would attack with 70% anyways,

Sorry but I have to disagree with this affirmation. Egonu, Boskovic and Haak are above everyone else, but after them there is Tandara, Stysiak, Vargas, Rykhliuk, Drews, Boz, Martinez, Rahimova, Goncharova and Rosamaria (to name just a few). These players have been consistently playing well in the past seasons. Everyone knows Ebrar is not consistent (and that's okay conbsidering her age). Bcause of that I don't see Ebrar in the level of the players I mentioned just because she played one good championship or a couple of amazing matches in which she scored like 30+ points.

I like Ebrar and I think she is super talented. I also think she had a good season in Turkey. But people should stop treating her as a high-level opposite just because of the potential she has. Being a good prospect and being a top player are two whole different things.

• Sorry but I have to disagree with this affirmation. Egonu, Boskovic and Haak are above everyone else, but after them there is Tandara, Stysiak, Vargas, Rykhliuk, Drews, Boz, Martinez, Rahimova, Goncharova and Rosamaria (to name just a few). These players have been consistently playing well in the past seasons. Everyone knows Ebrar is not consistent (and that's okay conbsidering her age). Bcause of that I don't see Ebrar in the level of the players I mentioned just because she played one good championship or a couple of amazing matches in which she scored like 30+ points.

I like Ebrar and I think she is super talented. I also think she had a good season in Turkey. But people should stop treating her as a high-level opposite just because of the potential she has. Being a good prospect and being a top player are two whole different things.

You forgot lippman

• Sorry but I have to disagree with this affirmation. Egonu, Boskovic and Haak are above everyone else, but after them there is Tandara, Stysiak, Vargas, Rykhliuk, Drews, Boz, Martinez, Rahimova, Goncharova and Rosamaria (to name just a few). These players have been consistently playing well in the past seasons. Everyone knows Ebrar is not consistent (and that's okay conbsidering her age). Bcause of that I don't see Ebrar in the level of the players I mentioned just because she played one good championship or a couple of amazing matches in which she scored like 30+ points.

I think he meant age-vise. There isnt many young good opp. Vargas , Stysiak, Rosamaria a few of them. Others already 30 or 30+.

Agree on Ebrar tho. She is talented ,good prospect who need to prove herself on international stage.

• Ebrar was a bench player to Boz in Olympic qualufiers i guess.

She did quite amazing during last VNL and olympic qualifications

She is of course in the same level of Boskoviç or Haak but she is one of the few top opposites just below these 3. It is not like there are many dominant Opps in the market. If Novara is really keeping its OHs, they don't need someone who would attack with 70% anyways, Someone attacking around 40-45% would be just fine and Ebrar is well capable of that.

I like Ebrar and she has a lot of room to improve and haa potential to be one of the bests players in the World. Its up to her to improve herself.

• I like Ebrar and I think she is super talented. I also think she had a good season in Turkey. But people should stop treating her as a high-level opposite just because of the potential she has. Being a good prospect and being a top player are two whole different things.

I don't think that many people consider Karakurt as some top-level opposite CURRENTLY.

The reality is:

1) Novara has a big hole on opposite position this season because Smarzek is a huge disappointment despite a fact she's 2nd-highest paid opposite in a league

2) Karakurt is a better player with much bigger potential to grow than Smarzek

3) On today's market, it is really hard to find an opposite with this combination of potential/current level of play like Karakurt

So I don't think that people are over-enthusiastic about Karakurt (very good player with top-level potential, most would agree on that). Instead, we're (as observers of Italian league) enthusiastic because she's among best options for Novara (considering her age, potential etc.) and potentially a clear improvement over Smarzek.

You really think Boz, Rahimova and Goncharova are better players than Karakurt (AT THIS MOMENT) ?...novara wouldnt do better with one of this 3. Maybe yes they have more experience but only this, not good enough for this level. Karakurt as you mentioned is young and has space for improvement, and potential. (Thats my opinion) Even Ryklhiuk. I m not saying they are bad, instead they are very good , but not for novara

• You really think Boz, Rahimova and Goncharova are better players than Karakurt (AT THIS MOMENT) ?...novara wouldnt do better with one of this 3. Maybe yes they have more experience but only this, not good enough for this level. Karakurt as you mentioned is young and has space for improvement, and potential. (Thats my opinion)

:obey::obey::obey::obey::obey::obey:

• You really think Boz, Rahimova and Goncharova are better players than Karakurt (AT THIS MOMENT) ?...novara wouldnt do better with one of this 3. Maybe yes they have more experience but only this, not good enough for this level. Karakurt as you mentioned is young and has space for improvement, and potential. (Thats my opinion) Even Ryklhiuk. I m not saying they are bad, instead they are very good , but not for novara

I was talking about consistency. These players are all more consistent/realiable than Ebrar, who still shows many ups and downs during matches. She scores like 45 points in one match and zero on another. That's her problem... So, the players I mentioned have been on the top for 2 or more seasons. And about Boz, if you look at her stats you can see that she scored more than Ebrar, has a better rate of points/set and is less error-prone.

• Pls guys wait. She will play in great team where She will help from literally every position it will be much easier for her to perform better and I’m sure She can bring it, TOGETHER with other Novara players, Novara on another level.

I mean even with such a weak Smarzek they can be more than happy with their performance.

I mean if their is no Conegliano...

• The quote I responded to explicitly states that Ebrar is right below Haak, Egonu and Boskovic... then people are indeed treating her as a top-level player and therefore they fail to consider that there are many options in the market that are more consistent (and many even better) than Ebrar.

I wasn't talking about whether she'll succeed playing in Italy, nor I was comparing her to Smarzek. And I completely disagree with the 3rd point you raised. I believe top teams should look for top players, and not sign with players with potential to be a top-player but has consistenly showed how inconsistent she still is.

• I. And about Boz, if you look at her stats you can see that she scored more than Ebrar, has a better rate of points/set and is less error-prone.

Actually, Ebrar is having a better season than Meryem in block, serve, attack and defense. If you look more carefully at other stats, you can see the clear difference.

• Cuttino will renew with Minas (source: Bruno Voloch)

• I believe top teams should look for top players, and not sign with players with potential to be a top-player but has consistenly showed how inconsistent she still is.

Novara had literaly do that signing Egonu in 2017. History taught they did well.......

• Novara had literaly do that signing Egonu in 2017. History taught they did well.......

Are you comparing Novara's investment on 2017 Egonu with the 2021 Karakurt? :aww:

Guys, I am sorry I made you angry by talking about the Turkish crystal, best player in history, but from now on I will be unable to keep up with this discussion because I have to work unfortunately. All the best!

• I mean, Ebrar is a challenge.

She has the numbers to do very well and she is young, she has all ther career ahead.

Novara has obviously choose to mantain all the team and to bet on a promising player (as Haak and Bosko are NOT available) who can stay potantially for seasons..

Alle the players named as more consistent alternatives, are not that young and it is not possible to draw a "common route"