Italy - Serie A1 2021/22

• I didn’t watch the match why did Folie got sub ?!

She was 5/3 in attack, was She bad in block but She got sub to early :what:

I hope it is not any kind of injury ?!

• PLAYOFF - Quarterfinals (1st round)

CONEGLIANO - FIRENZE 3-1

Egonu 27, Plummer 16, Sylla 13 / Nwakalor 19, Enweonwu 12, Van Gestel 11

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=745168

SCANDICCI - BUSTO ARSIZIO 3-0

Antropova 17, Pietrini 12, Natalia 11 / Mingardi 16, Gray 12, Olivotto 7

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=745169

NOVARA - CUNEO 3-0

Karakurt 16, Daalderop 12, C.Bosetti 8 / Degradi 8, Stufi 5, Zanette 5

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…ge_id=47322&idgara=745170

MONZA - CHIERI 3-0

Van Hecke 14, Danesi 13, Larson 12 / Cazaute 12, Grobelna 12, Alhassan 6

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…e_id=47322&idgara=7451671

• really boring qf sauf some particular sets

Maybe Italy should also switch to 1-4 and 5-8 play offs. what's the probability of an upset?

• Eeeh the 5th going to the semis over the 4th is not uncommon, but usually that's the only uncertain pair

If wikipedia is correct in their tables, since 2002, 5th team advanced to the semifinals 10 times (so that's ~50% probability), 6th team - 6 times (6/19), 7th team - twice and 8th team - 0 times. Obviously, there were times when league was more even, but nonetheless that gives over 40% of chances for 5/6th team (statistically) in span of 19 seasons, so that's quite a lot actually. Wins of 7/8th teams seems to be a margin of statistical error though.

Since 2018 we've had only one win of lower-seeded team (last year's Scandicci which lost 4th spot by set ratio) and I don't think we'll see any this season considering how well Scandicci played.

• If wikipedia is correct in their tables, since 2002, 5th team advanced to the semifinals 10 times (so that's ~50% probability), 6th team - 6 times (6/19), 7th team - twice and 8th team - 0 times. Obviously, there were times when league was more even, but nonetheless that gives over 40% of chances for 5/6th team (statistically) in span of 19 seasons, so that's quite a lot actually. Wins of 7/8th teams seems to be a margin of statistical error though.

Since 2018 we've had only one win of lower-seeded team (last year's Scandicci which lost 4th spot by set ratio) and I don't think we'll see any this season considering how well Scandicci played.

Yeah it's not happening this year, I was speaking more in general terms. Also I'm too lazy to check, but I guess those 6th going through semis were mostly in the 00/early 10, I honestly don't remember a 6th place in the semis in the last 10 years while it seems correct that every couple of seasons or so the 5th gets through (since 2018 it's only Scandicci but in 2017 Modena went to the finals after ranking 5th in regular season so it would be twice in the last 5 playoffs)

• https://milano.corriere.it/not…c-8b83-29e83193a24c.shtml

Do you remember the case of Alessia Orro and her stalker from 2019? It seems that this guy got arrested again for the same thing (Novara-Busto-Monza are close to each other, so change of the club wasn't too helpful, it seems). :gone: And quite frankly it sounds really dangerous considering after all these years he's still after her, so I feel sorry for Alessia.

• If wikipedia is correct in their tables, since 2002, 5th team advanced to the semifinals 10 times (so that's ~50% probability), 6th team - 6 times (6/19), 7th team - twice and 8th team - 0 times. Obviously, there were times when league was more even, but nonetheless that gives over 40% of chances for 5/6th team (statistically) in span of 19 seasons, so that's quite a lot actually. Wins of 7/8th teams seems to be a margin of statistical error though.

thanks for the valuable info. I partially retract from my point then. 4-5 could be a toss up apparently. So maybe no 1 and 2 (or even 3) which will have a way greater advantage over 7 and 8 should advance to semis and 3 and 4 should battle it out with 5, 6.

Yes I guess we found ourselves a good synthesis here out of thesis and antithesis above. who's gonna contact the federations now?

• https://milano.corriere.it/not…c-8b83-29e83193a24c.shtml

Do you remember the case of Alessia Orro and her stalker from 2019? It seems that this guy got arrested again for the same thing (Novara-Busto-Monza are close to each other, so :rose:change of the club wasn't too helpful, it seems). :gone: And quite frankly it sounds really dangerous considering after all these years he's still after her, so I feel sorry for Alessia.

see Robin, Italy is no safe haven either. it's time you consider Fener or THY :rose:

• see Robin, Italy is no safe haven either. it's time you consider Fener or THY :rose:

lol

But back to the topic, also Wolosz mentioned in interview some time ago, that she had a stalker once she played for Busto few years ago

• Yeah it's not happening this year, I was speaking more in general terms. Also I'm too lazy to check, but I guess those 6th going through semis were mostly in the 00/early 10, I honestly don't remember a 6th place in the semis in the last 10 years while it seems correct that every couple of seasons or so the 5th gets through (since 2018 it's only Scandicci but in 2017 Modena went to the finals after ranking 5th in regular season so it would be twice in the last 5 playoffs)

I think most leagues have 6 strongish teams that can play competitive series. So I think both serie a and Sultanlar ligi should implement a system that first two in the ranking qualify directly to semis and 3-4-5 and 6th teams play playoffs for semis. I remember a few tournament this was used. Not sure if it used in any of the major leagues:teach:

• it was boring this year but last year 4vs 5 and 3 vs 6 was so tie

Different from turkey that besided top 4 the others are far away even if ptt and gs can give surprises some times

• Well, this season in Brazilian league the 5th placed team is close to the final after being ahead 1-0 in the semis against the 1st placed team. Last year in the male league, the 8th placed team beat the 1st one in the QFs. Sure the QFs normally can be pretty boring, but the chance of an upset always makes them somewhat exciting. Not to mention it's always more volleyball to watch, which is always good to me lol

• Well, this season in Brazilian league the 5th placed team is close to the final after being ahead 1-0 in the semis against the 1st placed team. Last year in the male league, the 8th placed team beat the 1st one in the QFs. Sure the QFs normally can be pretty boring, but the chance of an upset always makes them somewhat exciting. Not to mention it's always more volleyball to watch, which is always good to me lol

Amount of games don't need to change, with the system in Turkish league, it is the same amount of game but instead of 3-0 games we could see more competitive/closer games. Yes once in a while miracles happen, ages ago GS has eliminated Vakıfbank in quarterfinals (guidetti's first season) but it is not common.

5th beating 4th is not big surprised though

• Amount of games don't need to change, with the system in Turkish league, it is the same amount of game but instead of 3-0 games we could see more competitive/closer games. Yes once in a while miracles happen, ages ago GS has eliminated Vakıfbank in quarterfinals (guidetti's first season) but it is not common.

5th beating 4th is not big surprised though

1) A team reaching the playoffs is attractive for potential investors/sponsors, even if it's only the quarterfinals. For not-so-rich leagues, that's already good in itself.

2) Not every league has 14, 16 teams with money to play in the main tournament.

5) The 5th beating the 4th not being a surprise is enough to put down the argument that QFs are useless.

• What's the point of playing 25 games in a regular season? just to play as home team in the playoffs?

Those teams who having a good season should be rewarded.

If they are going to make a surprise to good teams, they should do it in regular season.