2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• I'm curious what Italy's goals (pre-Egonu) in the VNL are.

Trying to find an answer at setter should be one (unless they're going all in on Orro)

Finding who to pair with Danesi is another one.... I dont think Chirichella answered any (and Lubian/Mazzaro should've had their shot against an A team imo... but I like Bonifacio and she played well imo)

I dont know why De Gennaro played. It doesnt look like she cared at all.

• Everyone on Turkey's side played good, very few errors.

On Italy's side pretty much a disaster:aww:

Ok, maybe not so much but Malinov and De Gennaro played poorly (one does jot expect this from De Gennaro but she seemed so slow, especially in defence). Not bad by Bonifacio but it's not like reception allowed her to attack ... I liked Degradi the first set but then she crumbled in reception. And no, I don't think subbing Enweonwu for the back row was a great choice:gone:

• Knowing Mazzanti I'd say he already know the answers (well he thinks he does at least lol) so he won't try much. Just making a guess but Chirichella-Danesi are going to be the starters, Bonifacio 3rd and Lubian as serving sub, for setters if he couldn't at least try Bosio today given how Malinov was playing I'd say he doesn't care for her either and she doesn't stand a chance, I wouldn't be surprised if after this week she's not going to make any other appearances in the VNL

• 2 expected results and a boring start

Bulgaria had promising players like dimitrova,todorova,paskova but they are stuck,they didn't progress

In other hand expected turkey with starters win to italy despite having 3 starters

This is turkish goal,the tournament they take serious cause they can win here

• Mazzanti gave me a feeling that he just randomly put some players on court to wait until Egonu is back. If he plans to try new players, there’s just no point to have De Gennaro & Chirichella played this match, especially for DG who’s already 35 and just finished the CL final less than a week before.

The only highlight from Italy side in this match was DG’s facial expressions when she saw Degradi & Perinelli failing to dig some balls.:D

• i didn't understand de gennaro playing here specially after fersino being outstanding lately

• I hope Italy regrets losing points here in the VNL when it comes to going to olympics etc. I like the new rule that all the matches matter and makes teams hopefully take things more serious in the future. It was such a boring match. Lets wait until Canada and them deciding to compete :drink:

• 2 expected results and a boring start

Bulgaria had promising players like dimitrova,todorova,paskova but they are stuck,they didn't progress

In other hand expected turkey with starters win to italy despite having 3 starters

This is turkish goal,the tournament they take serious cause they can win here

I think Turkish B team can beat this Italian team too. Italian bench is not as deep as people make it up to be tbh. Even Serbia without good league has a better B team.

• she truly is awful... hearing some of the stuff from Canada.... there's no reason she should be a national team head coach.... other than Canada "doesnt choose to compete" lol

what stuff from Canada? besides them not choosing to compete

• she truly is awful... hearing some of the stuff from Canada.... there's no reason she should be a national team head coach.... other than Canada "doesnt choose to compete" lol

Canada has a really promising squad and with further development they can create good rivalry with more experienced teams :whistle:

• what stuff from Canada? besides them not choosing to compete

Their training is non-existent... there's no coaching going on.

Players are refusing call ups or quitting the team all together.

Their best players aren't in consideration unless they have to be. (Maglio was third choice until Ogoms got hurt.... Snape relegated to a youth team... all of the mess with Alexa Gray...)

mess.