Serbian Women's NT 2022

• Agree most parts but I think it is a bad idea to bring only 3 middles to WCh. It is almost a month long tournament, with so many games. In the case of an injury, it could mess everything. If Mihajlovic will join it should be instead of Bjelica. Assuming Boskovic will play almost all matches, it might not be a bad idea to bring only one Opp. But I'm not sure current Mihajlovic is really better than Bjelica

• Agree most parts but I think it is a bad idea to bring only 3 middles to WCh. It is almost a month long tournament, with so many games. In the case of an injury, it could mess everything. If Mihajlovic will join it should be instead of Bjelica. Assuming Boskovic will play almost all matches, it might not be a bad idea to bring only one Opp. But I'm not sure current Mihajlovic is really better than Bjelica

it would be absolutely cruel to leave Bjelica off this roster after all she’s done

While VNL is super short and with just few games, LoL.

It is not just idea, it is reasonable expectations what would Santarelli will do, use the spot for the player that actually will play. We played VNL with just two middles, few minutes on court for both Kocic and Popovic, why we would bring 4 middles, for what, just in case of two injuried MB's, it is not that smart IMO. There are more chances that we will need the effect of Mihajlovic (not like Opp) and that she will be able to help, than it is the case with Kocic who would be that 4 MB. Not because I think Kocic is bad, exclusively as an analysis of Santarelli's management of the team.

• awesome write up haha but what about bjelica ? :)

Nothing to add in relation with first observation, great leader and energy/confidence booster for this team.

• it would be absolutely cruel to leave Bjelica off this roster after all she’s done

From a strictly outsider's prospective , the Bosko/Bjelica balance might prove the trickiest. Lucky for you guys that, as dominant as Bosko is, deep down she seems like a team player, and quite humble

• From a strictly outsider's prospective , the Bosko/Bjelica balance might prove the trickiest. Lucky for you guys that, as dominant as Bosko is, deep down she seems like a team player, and quite humble

serbia is playing so much as a team and less boskoball even sitenoise is commenting on the NT thread, maybe even stanning LOL

• From a strictly outsider's prospective , the Bosko/Bjelica balance might prove the trickiest. Lucky for you guys that, as dominant as Bosko is, deep down she seems like a team player, and quite humble

what balance ? Tijana will be playing the big matches and Bjelica will be a great player to spell her during the lesser matches

• what balance ? Tijana will be playing the big matches and Bjelica will be a great player to spell her during the lesser matches

That balance. If that's what it is and it works out, no problem. I felt Bjelica uploaded quite a bit to the success of the current squad. I had a moment of worry that removing her , except from 'lesser matches' , might be tricky to the current kumbaya, such that it is, and have a bit of an echo beyond just her

• While VNL is super short and with just few games, LoL.

It is not just idea, it is reasonable expectations what would Santarelli will do, use the spot for the player that actually will play. We played VNL with just two middles, few minutes on court for both Kocic and Popovic, why we would bring 4 middles, for what, just in case of two injuried MB's, it is not that smart IMO. There are more chances that we will need the effect of Mihajlovic (not like Opp) and that she will be able to help, than it is the case with Kocic who would be that 4 MB. Not because I think Kocic is bad, exclusively as an analysis of Santarelli's management of the team.

It was lucky situation that there was no injury at MB position but imagine Stevanovic is getting injured at first match of WCh, Serbia will have to rely on Popovic and Aleksic for like 10 games without any backup. On the otherhand, Mihajlovic can either come in as double sub or play instead of an OH when they need to increase the block height or just to get a kill. Bjelica did her best this tournament but we all know she won't be needed much during WCh since Boskovic will be playing full time. She needs to get back to playing with Drca. The question is if Mihajlovic can provide what Bjelica has done so far

• Santarelli says he's going to talk to Maja (and Silvija) about her participation at WCh, which further confirms that her comeback is far from a done deal.

As mentioned, Tijana is already there, she started training a month ago.

The team got a nice little welcome back reception by the Federation, which is extremely happy with the results.

Here's Santarelli getting flowers from Jelena Nikolić, now an official in the Serbian volleyball federation. :flower:

docek%20zene%20kadeti%20M%20foto%20vladimir%20markovic%20%20%2091456.jpg

• Congratulations :obey:

I was unexpectedly getting such a good result from Serbia after a very short time after hiring Daniele.

Watching tournaments of younger categories, you can add OH Uzelac, Ana Mihajlović or Branka Tica to the line-up, and MB Kurtagic, Osmajic, Malesević

Competition is getting really big

Ana Mihajlovic is still young. She is only 16, yes she was in top6 scorers in regular season in Serbian super league but we don't need to force her yet. Right now we have respectable number of really good outside hitters.

Aleksandra Uzelac is great, (our Arina F.) but she will not play this summer in senior national matches, she have 2 more junior competitions to play. I like her heart, i watched games when she wake up entire team after few bad sets, even players 10 years older than her.

Hena Kurtagic is in the same situations as Uzelac.

Branka Tica is closest to Santarelli call i think. I think she will be called as 5th outside hitter for WCH preparations. After he already tried Mirosavljevic, Mijatovic this season... She is really great, maybe even best player of that generation. She attack from all 3 position equally, and she is best scorer of Serbian super league and she still have just 18.

Osmajic and Malesevic are great MB, one of them will probably be called as 5th middle for WCH preparations, they are sure better than Delic/Markovic. Osmajic is monster blocker, but Malesevic really improved last 6 months, she maybe have stronger hand.

Also, i think Kocic is better than Popovic, but she need to grow some balls and play with more confidence if she want bigger role in team.

I am only concerded about setters. Drca and Mirkovic will be called for sure, i want to Santarelli add Cirkovic and Radenkovic too for preparations. But i am afraid only Rada Perovic will be called as 3rd...

• What happened to Radenkovic. She was a good setter years ago, and she kinda get lost in recent years. I see that she played in Kazakhstan, maybe she will surprise us like Lozo😂

• Seeing Jelena in that position is so fitting. She’s the OG Serbian volleyball hero to me

• What happened to Radenkovic. She was a good setter years ago, and she kinda get lost in recent years. I see that she played in Kazakhstan, maybe she will surprise us like Lozo😂

I almost forgot about Radenković. I haven't seen her performance in her club but I can say from memory that even at her low point I still prefer her to Jaksić.

• Ana Mihajlovic is already a really nice player, quality wise, but her behavior is awful, really force me to dislike her. I don't like age excuse, but let it hope that she will become better version till senior days.