Eurovolley 2023

• Vargas was clearly greeted, this is at the beginning of the game, but she already took the victim script and incorporated it perfectly, it's a shame that a player with her status shares fake news just to create a plot.

It is fake just because you don't want to believe it? That's the hypocrisy people are complaining here🤦

• On TV they just said Boskovic almost didn't train at all today: she did physiotherapy most of the time. It could explain why she wasn't able to serve against Czech Republic. Despite scoring like crazy yesterday, I had a feeling there was something wrong with her; of course she didn't look the way she did during the CL final, where she was totally unable to swing, but the way she approached the ball when serving looked weird to me. ?(

She may not be at 100%, but it will surprise me a lot if she won't be able to play at all. She didn't look that bad to be honest, but we'll see.

• Guys, wtf are you even doing? Do people here actually like the constant aggression and insults? Because every time you open the forum and continue this feud you are continuing this boring cycle. Nobody is going to win this argument - you are not going to convince anybody that you’re right. The only things that come out of this are hurt feelings on each side and complete boredom for everyone else that posts here.

• On TV they just said Boskovic almost didn't train at all today: she did physiotherapy most of the time. It could explain why she wasn't able to serve against Czech Republic. Despite scoring like crazy yesterday, I had a feeling there was something wrong with her; of course she didn't look the way she did during the CL final, where she was totally unable to swing, but the way she approached the ball when serving looked weird to me. ?(

Which broadcast? She also seemed a bit slow to me in that match vs Chech Rep. Maybe that heel pain is back... I hope it's not anything serious but just precaution considering some heavy load matches coming up. Thanks for the info.

Boskovic is fine, she was not only one to have less training today. My information's are good. :)

• Guys, wtf are you even doing? Do people here actually like the constant aggression and insults?

To be able to prevent this, mods should take actions.

There are users such as crovolley/jules/madden bringing up "neutralization of vargas" after turkey wins every single game. Then of course Turks answers. And this happens.

But our racist mod, who didn't delete a post where turkish user called as taliban, wants to ban Turks because we answer. It's not the solution.

• The Netherlands has been pretty solid so far in the tournament. More than anyone would expect. Let's see if they can handle the serve pressure from Serbian Team. I can hardly imagine The Netherlands upsetting the favorites but this match should be really entertaining.

Italy & Türkiye match will be great no matter whatever the outcome is.

• To be able to prevent this, mods should take actions.

There are users such as crovolley/jules/madden bringing up "neutralization of vargas" after turkey wins every single game. Then of course Turks answers. And this happens.

But our racist mod, who didn't delete a post where turkish user called as taliban, wants to ban Turks because we answer. It's not the solution.

Perhaps we mods should indeed have taken action earlier. Sometimes we probably make the wrong call. Generally, we like people to be able to express their views and hope people can move on from any disagreements, but in this case we may have been wrong. We’re not perfect.

As far as racist mods go who want to ban Turks I have no clue what you’re talking about. Which Turkish users do you feel were unfairly banned?

• The Netherlands has been pretty solid so far in the tournament. More than anyone would expect. Let's see if they can handle the serve pressure from Serbian Team. I can hardly imagine The Netherlands upsetting the favorites but this match should be really entertaining.

It is really hard to judge Netherlands's real shape because they really didn't play against any good teams who can challenge to them. To me their reception line is very fragile still and Serbia can exploit this weakness easily. The most positive thing about Netherlands is new libero. Knip was not performing on international level for last couple of years. I'm happy that Netherlands has finally found a good libero to replace knip/schoot

• As far as racist mods go who want to ban Turks I have no clue what you’re talking about. Which Turkish users do you feel were unfairly banned?

It was Mathias's comments about fixing the issue we are having right now. Noone got banned so far.

Maybe better to delete the post where a turkish user called as taliban as a start. I asked from Mathias but he didn't. According to him, it's a freedom of speech. Calling people terrorist. And then asking other side to be calm.

• Yeah sure Jan 🙄 Mihajlovic, Boskovic etc😂

it's not, it's just explanation of why you don't count bosko/mihajlovic as naturalization. Fivb only counts 1 of them.

I am gonna say this one last time for everybody to understand and I’m gonna block all these low inteligent trolls to make this place nicer for me personally.

Boskovic and Mihajlovic are Serbian and thy chose to represent theor nations. Playing under Serbian flag is huge pride for any Serb out there no matter where they are born.

There is simple not to smart logic that Turkish trollers use to make themselves feel better about foreigners carrying their team when Turks can’t.. and that is to try and equalize Boskovic and Mihajlovic with foreigners who represnt their country (Meliha, Vargas.. Lagumdzija in mens volleyball as well).. so their logic is “yeah we might get carried by foreigners as we can’t raise our own players, but Serbia did something that could be PERCIEVED similar eventhough it’s complitely not, but let’s rub it in their faces to try to make it appear like they did anything similar so we can feel better about ourselves.. yeah we don’t know anything about Balkan nations and culture but let’s pretend”

Boskovic and Vargas cases are not even close to similar but I understand that you wanna feel better about yoruselves by trashtalkig someone you know nothing about.. without even knowing that Boskovic only got Bosnian passport as “honorary citizent” few years ago, and that many Bosian Serbs opt for Serbian citizenship at young age and live with double citizenship which is regulated by Bosnian entity of “Serb Republic” which is organized as seperate enitiy where Serbs live within BiH with their own government and president.

By pretending you know something about other countries and accusing someone of doing something you have 0 knowledge about you are actually showing that you are ignorant and chauvinist (that’s the term that you wanted to use isntead of “racist” as nationas hardly have anything to do with race, but I don’t expect you to know such things as we all know you and “I don’t defend her” person aren’t that smart)

To all other members I am sorry I participated in such low level conversations and fight here as I thought we actually could have argumentative conversation with someone but I didn’t take into an account they were just baseless trollers who are here to provoke and be delulu in order to make themselves feel better. I am blocking and trying to have actual pleasant conversations about volleyball from now on. Again, sorry for participating and giving trolls a reason to keep trolling here.

I'd rather expect a Turkish cakewalk than a great match. That's how low my expectations are for tomorrow, thanks to all the talking about everything but volleyball we've experienced the last two years and neither Mazzanti nor FIPAV has stopped.

Before you try to be smart know your terminology and what you are talking about. Chauvinism can be described as extreme nationalism, that's not what anyone is talking about. Race is constructed actually and there are no clear definitions of it, unless you believe in the crazy American description of it that describes race as in 4 categories, white, black, asian... latino :rolll: What racism means depends on the culture, in Turkish it's interchangeable with ethnicity, and it's the same in many countries around the world, probably the majority. Some others go by color, in reality race doesn't really exist and I don't think we should now start enforcing the idea that it does... We have enough drama here.

• I'd rather expect a Turkish cakewalk than a great match. That's how low my expectations are for tomorrow, thanks to all the talking about everything but volleyball we've experienced the last two years and neither Mazzanti nor FIPAV has stopped.

For me Italy actually is the team I'm scared of most against Turkey but lately Mazzanti is trolling so idk how that will go.

• I guess best answer to remind those kind of people who ruled their lands for centuries and then they get humble🥰😇

dude this is a new low

You are the one LYING, or maybe simply ignorant. Brazil doesn't have 'first opp' they all are equally bad and they have been alternating. Gabi was in a bad shape which is not our fault. Ana's injury is not our fault neither. Julia Bergmann was supposed to be a starter anyways but she was in a bad shape too. So you can't put the burden of a team's bad shape on us. Turkey won against BRAZIL A team fair and square with a very dominant way, without Vargas. This should be more than enough to shut all the haters' mouth who are claiming turkey is nothing without Vargas (as if we didnt play finals before and has beaten many top teams in big tournaments 🤦)

Have you some problem with reading? Who said that Turkey does not won Brazil fair and square? Only this post is a proof that you want to cause drama with no reason. I said that is lie the fact that turkish fans wrote that turkey won the WHOLE team A of Brazil and this is true because the first OPPin Brazil is withought doubt Kisy and the one starter OH is Ana Cristina. Gabi as you know had injury problems so I said that this victory it was fictitious and does not prove that the team can manage without Vargas this time period. And what I am saying is truth because despitre the fact that they did it in VNL , when the time of the important tournament came Derya is off , Ilkin is off and Elif lost her place as a starter and Hande is not in a good shape. And I am speaking forr this time period only. I do not said that the Turkish team is only Vargas. You can see waht I write i my previous post about Turkey before. They was an excellent team but now according to the last matches they are not in good shape and it seems that they depend mostly on Vargas ( and Ebrar is playing good until now) and this is going to be continued until your talented players to flourish and grow spiritually.

• I'd rather expect a Turkish cakewalk than a great match. That's how low my expectations are for tomorrow, thanks to all the talking about everything but volleyball we've experienced the last two years and neither Mazzanti nor FIPAV has stopped.

I'm really sorry for all of the off-the-court stuff and drama. It really sucks that there were so many negative influences that could affect the team and performance. Politics and sport don't mix well together and the fans are the ones suffering the most.

But those girls still deserve respect because NT is voluntary and they still showed up and played. All you can ask for is that they give it their 100%.

What I mean even a cakewalk from any side would be extremely dramatic and joyful anyway. ^^^^

• I'm really sorry for all of the off-the-court stuff and drama. It really sucks that there were so many negative influences that could affect the team and performance. Politics and sport don't mix well together and the fans are the ones suffering the most.

But those girls still deserve respect because NT is voluntary and they still showed up and played. All you can ask for is that they give it their 100%.

Don't get me wrong, I feel very sorry for the girls because they will be the scapegoat if we'll play a bad match. But I said in other occasions, one can't simply put all the blame back to the players. But enough of that, I think I bored you way too much about the topic.