Italy - Serie A1 2022/23

• Despite saving Conegliano in this set, Gray also showed why she played so little this season. There is a lot of weakness to exploit when she is in backrow :gone: So far she made up for it with great attacking, but let's see what Milano will do about it...

I started to watch from 3rd set and I guess your opinion was based on facts but now I want ask “what are you talking about!?” :lol:

Gray played brilliant and I’m so much surprised she was benched so hard for the most of the season. Maybe with her Cone would have worked completely different during CL as well. Just needed some time to adapt.
    Biggest difference between Gray and Plummer was that Alexa was not afraid to hit the ball.

• I started to watch from 3rd set and I guess your opinion was based on facts but now I want ask “what are you talking about!?” :lol:

Gray played brilliant and I’m so much surprised she was benched so hard for the most of the season. Maybe with her Cone would have worked completely different during CL as well. Just needed some time to adapt.
    Biggest difference between Gray and Plummer was that Alexa was not afraid to hit the ball.

Nah Fener still would've schooled Imoco, especially given that Gray's passing is worse than Plummer. When she was in for Plummer, she got aced right away by Arina.

• Despite a generous late attempt with Larson at serve, Milano simply hadn't nothing more left in the tank. Losing the second set in that way and Gray's impact quickly burned their remaining energies and put the nails to the coffin. Such a pity they weren't able to assist this unreal Thompson throughout the whole series, but they showed to everybody that Conegliano is more than beatable in Italy too. For the Panthers, they won it ugly, but still is a win and congratulations to them. Gray's numbers speak for themselves and Santarelli should really buy her a dinner (if Moki is ok) for delivering such a clutch performance at the end of a tough season.

• Despite failing to lift the trophy, Thompson was the brightest star since the semifinals. Milano was always unstable and most expected them to be easily swept by Imoco in the finals. But mostly thanks to her, they were just two sets away from the biggest prize.

Hope she can stay healthy and she may be an unexpected upgrade from Egonu for Vakifbank next season!

• Nope only OH who could work is Gennari against Fener. Imoco couldn’t even play how bad they were organised in the reception. Covering Plummer and because of that both De Gennaro and Robinson were lost.

Yes Gennari is weak attacker but what do you have from Plummer and Gray attack when Wolosz can’t set to anyone.

Santarelli had terrible plan against them…

• All players from Conegliano should give a part of their salary to Gray LoL

It wasn't a good match, actually the level was quite low.

tbf everyone looks exhausted. Best of 5 makes sense on paper, but it often ends up becoming a bit overkill imo.

• Wow Alexa Gray won MVP award by playing only one match and half match :what::what::what:

• Nope only OH who could work is Gennari against Fener. Imoco couldn’t even play how bad they were organised in the reception. Covering Plummer and because of that both De Gennaro and Robinson were lost.

Yes Gennari is weak attacker but what do you have from Plummer and Gray attack when Wolosz can’t set to anyone.

Lol. Seems like you haven't watched the Italian league. Gennari has worse reception % than Plummer herself. Even the VNL 2022 proved that. Fener was just way better than Imoco.

• What a way to say goodbye to Seria A and Italy :heart:

Coming from the bench and to play match of your life. Winning MVP award of the season.

It sounds like a excuse to justify the defeat, honestly.

Plummer received 25 balls in the 3-0 game in Turkey and 38 balls in the 3-2 in Italy.

How did they cover a player that received 63 balls in 2 games? :what:

Robinson: 21 + 13 = 34 balls received

De Gennaro: 17 + 11 = 28 balls received

She received alone more balls than the other 2 combined (62 balls). :teach:

• Considering the fact that Conegliano was hopeless and about to get 2x0 down, Gray saved the set, saved the game and saved the season, all alone, so MVP of the season, in this case, is really an accurate and well deserved award, congratulations to her, the girl rocket, good luck in her next season and all the success for her. :heart:

• why there is no dream team?

MVP to Gray:what::what::what::what::what:??? This is stupid. Haak carried this team in her shoulders the whole season and also in play offs. The most stable and determite player of Imoco. Gray was amazing today but MVP??? Come on!!! We talking about the MVP of the championship not the MVP of one game.

I dont mind Gray being awarded as the MVP. It was literally her who saved Imoco.

MVP to Gray:what::what::what::what::what:??? This is stupid. Haak carried this team in her shoulders the whole season and also in play offs. The most stable and determite player of Imoco. Gray was amazing today but MVP??? Come on!!! We talking about the MVP of the championship not the MVP of one game.

Lol. Gray deserved that award 100%. Imoco would've lost without her contribution. Plain and simple. Haak only had 2 good games since the semis.