USA Women's NT 2023

• hope

He is a hoper. I sort of like that about him but ...

My poker playing buddy says he's loves to play against hopers :lol:

• starting with Kelsey lined up next to Hancock to start with should've been an absolutely not

Could you say a few words about that. You're above my pay grade :white:

• Could you say a few words about that. You're above my pay grade :white:

when Kelsey is lined up to Hancock, that means there are two rotations where she is the only front court attacker (with the middle blocker) because the setter is front row.

Basically, she's going to get all of the out of system attacks since the other two attackers are back court... Kelsey is not someone who can be taking 10+ swings a set... which is what happened in the first set today and vs Japan... its problematic.

Especially since they have someone like Lanier or Frantti who are comfortable attacking as the sole attacking option.

• when Kelsey is lined up to Hancock, that means there are two rotations where she is the only front court attacker (with the middle blocker) because the setter is front row.

Basically, she's going to get all of the out of system attacks since the other two attackers are back court... Kelsey is not someone who can be taking 10+ swings a set... which is what happened in the first set today and vs Japan... its problematic.

Especially since they have someone like Lanier or Frantti who are comfortable attacking as the sole attacking option.

I think you explained that to me once before :) in more general terms, and/but maybe sells Krob a little short. You know her way better than me but she swang 10/set in Japan pretty comfortably

But I also get the constant refrain that Krob's ship has sailed, especially when you have what USA has waiting in the wings. Frantti was a game changer and Lanier mostly squished her Plummer comparisons of a couple days ago. And although she's very new to me I'm on team Skinner

• I think you explained that to me once before :) in more general terms, and/but maybe sells Krob a little short. You know her way better than me but she swang 10/set in Japan pretty comfortably

But I also get the constant refrain that Krob's ship has sailed, especially when you have what USA has waiting in the wings. Frantti was a game changer and Lanier mostly squished her Plummer comparisons of a couple days ago. And although she's very new to me I'm on team Skinner

its not the amount of swings, its 80% of those swings are going to be into double blocks... which kelsey cannot hit over.

When Kelsey is lined up as the OH2... she's going to be front row with the opposite more... that's going to make the opposing middle blocker a bit late on some of those in system balls... which is better for Kelsey's skill set.

Its not nagging kelsey (well, only partially).. but she's not being set up for success in that role... the team isnt either.

• its not the amount of swings, its 80% of those swings are going to be into double blocks... which kelsey cannot hit over.

When Kelsey is lined up as the OH2... she's going to be front row with the opposite more... that's going to make the opposing middle blocker a bit late on some of those in system balls... which is better for Kelsey's skill set.

Its not nagging kelsey (well, only partially).. but she's not being set up for success in that role... the team isnt either.

if you are going to go into detail, I withdraw my objection :)

• its not the amount of swings, its 80% of those swings are going to be into double blocks... which kelsey cannot hit over.

Well done karch

• I felt sad for Micha that after a great tournament of hers she had a worse game in the sf.

the passing really didn’t help her though

i hope she can rebuild herself for the 3rd place game

and for me one bad game still doesn’t change the fact that she’s had one of her best if not the best season in the NT since years and was my MVP after the main round

• ,I said it before. Drews is very limited player. She is going to be a good sub but nothing more. JT needs to play for 100%.

As for Robinson I am just sorry for her... If she continue like this she is going to lose her place as a starter in Imoco easily just like Megan ( who also was not so terrible ) and maybe it is difficult but maybe she will also lose her place in Paris if Larson is available and Kirally wants a defensive OH.

As foe Hancock the only thing which I can say is LOOOOOOOL.

• After set 1, Karch should have made adjustments quickly. Kelsey’s passing was subpar. I wouldn’t comment about her offense.

And I definitely agree about her being OH next to Micha. When they got out of system, Micha had no choice but to set Kelsey several times and of course she got blocked. Among the 4 OHs, shes the worst at hitting OOS sets. I believe USA does not need her anymore. Frantti and Lanier’s reception were stable enough. They should have been the starters right off the bat.

It was also Micha’s worst performance of the entire VNL. She played amazing from week 1 except today. And not fielding Carlini was questionable unless she was injured, which leads me to question Karch why bring someone who is injured and who is also the only backup setter?

• Lanier really had good performance.

With setter as Hancock and how terrible her sets were in first set to score 18points and to be top scorer of USA afterall is great deal.

She is all around OH, her defence is actually what surprised me the most.

I love how She unleashed the beast in herself in first part of 4th set. She has huge potential, I mean this is her debute performance with NT at VNL.

• Loved watching Frantti thrive. She really rose to the occasion when stakes were high and secured that 3rd set nearly by herself with her serve, digs and attack.

Also credit to Donna's service run from 21-24 down in 4th set till 25-24. I think every other USA player would have made a serve error on one of those 3 MPs and she even got some overpasses out of them.

These are two players who lifted their game in pressure moments with loud crowd which is infinitely more valuable than how somebody performs in low stake games. Karch should keep both close for Paris.

• After set 1, Karch should have made adjustments quickly. Kelsey’s passing was subpar. I wouldn’t comment about her offense.

And I definitely agree about her being OH next to Micha. When they got out of system, Micha had no choice but to set Kelsey several times and of course she got blocked. Among the 4 OHs, shes the worst at hitting OOS sets. I believe USA does not need her anymore. Frantti and Lanier’s reception were stable enough. They should have been the starters right off the bat.

It was also Micha’s worst performance of the entire VNL. She played amazing from week 1 except today. And not fielding Carlini was questionable unless she was injured, which leads me to question Karch why bring someone who is injured and who is also the only backup setter?

the setter situation is not good… having to be on setter #4 or 5… lol yikes

it’s Ashley Evans. She beat out Tori Dilfer and Jenna Gray..: I really hope the pan am try out is extensive… but I fear it’s not going to be (see:Nia Reed getting an invite)

I’d like to see Sherridan Atkinson involved with the team.