China NT 2023

• Congratulations to my Chinese comrades. One of the better post match milling around times. LYY cracked me up a bit when she answered her first interview Question. I was hoping the translator was taking notes :rolll:

• Was her English good?

It's odd. LYY seems to understand the questions in English but answers in Mandarin. She didn't understand the second question and so the translator helped her

• I hate to tell you this, but she probably gave a canned answer to the first question...

Oh :lol: so it didn't matter if she understood the question she was just going to say what she said? :lol:

wait, but I thought I saw her do the same before, where she got the Q in English and then answered :/

Maybe she got the questions in advance? :/:/

• Before the match against Brazil, my thoughts they can win if Brazil has a bad day and the win would be won in 5 sets. They could have won it in 3 sets. They did well today. Against Poland, they might have slight chance if Poland has a bad day. Poland has been playing very well perhaps if the occasion gets to them and luck is not on their side, they can win. Who knows? Lady Luck will be smiling at 🇨🇳. WYL was pretty much good today. Against Poland who are tall and strong she might get blocked a lot and spray points away☹️.

• Oh :lol: so it didn't matter if she understood the question she was just going to say what she said? :lol:

wait, but I thought I saw her do the same before, where she got the Q in English and then answered :/

Maybe she got the questions in advance? :/:/

or she may speak English but isn't confident doing it. Lots of people are like that.

I hate to tell you this, but she probably gave a canned answer to the first question...

could be. The questions are the same most of the time.

• TBH I think we were a bit fortunate to have won. Brazil made many errors in set 1 & 2, but they came back strongly in set 3. Diao's setting which was ok in the first two sets, went right off but the coach kept her there...:aww:

we were very lucky to escape and get the 4th set. They have stopped our main attacker LYY. I hope she comes back stronger vs Poland.

but then, brazil was also very lucky to get the 3rd set when we choked a 7-1 lead.

• offering things to the Gods at this moment....

Please continue offering, we'll need it against Poland :set:

• I won't be watching that one. too much anxiety. ;(

Also it poses great challenge to play at the very early morning hour in Asia, don't think can wake up to watch.

Funny thing I don't remember POL ever won against CHN when ZT played with team now POL has become a scaring team for CHN :whistle:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Also it poses great challenge to play at the very early morning hour in Asia, don't think can wake up to watch.

Funny thing I don't remember POL ever won against CHN when ZT played with team now POL has become a scaring team for CHN :whistle:

:wavy:

Didn’t here from you a long time...hope everything is fine.

The match starts at 5am here. My plan was to sleep at 10pm and wake up at 5, but of course things never go according to plan so it’s 1.20am now and I’m still writing here

:aww:

• Watched the first set (and half the second set) before I had to head out to dinner and had a really good feeling - the team is finally playing as a team. Congratulations to our ladies for getting to the finals! Payback for that 3-0 loss during the round robin, and all without ZT! I am glad to see their hard work paying off.