Italian Women's NT 2023

• Since the playoffs started (all played four matches)

Haak: 65-13-138 (47%, 37.7 efficient)

Antropova: 57-17-128 (44%, 31.3 efficient)

Thompson: 82-21-172 (48%, 35.5 efficient)

Karakurt: 56-31-143 (39%, 17.5% efficient)

What you meant to post :)

Haak: 65-13-138 (47%, 37.7 efficient)

Antropova: 57-17-128 (44%, 31.3 efficient)

Thompson: 82-21-172 (48%, 35.5 efficient)

Karakurt: 56-31-143 (39%, 17.5% efficient)

• Ouch the burn:evil:

• Ouch the burn:evil:

I was trying to "Burn" anyone. I was curious and i might as well post them.

Antropova has had two bad matches in the playoffs (Bergamo 1 and Milano 2). Her other games were good. But the bad ones could be important if Milano wins tomorrow (and could've been if Bergamo/Gennari werent incompetant)

• I was trying to "Burn" anyone. I was curious and i might as well post them.

Antropova has had two bad matches in the playoffs (Bergamo 1 and Milano 2). Her other games were good. But the bad ones could be important if Milano wins tomorrow (and could've been if Bergamo/Gennari werent incompetant)

Antropova’s last match against Milano shouldn’t be considered as bad. She was 22/47 (47%) + 2 blocks & 2 aces. Even though she was blocked 9 times that made her efficiency not looking good, she had her job nicely done already.
    They lost the match mainly due to the setters & MBs, the 3 MBs combined were 3/21…:gone: Most of the sets to the MBs were unwatchable and wasted so many opportunities. It also made Milano much easier to close the blocks. They could just focus on Antropova and Zhu (Even Folie made 7(!!) blocks:aww:)

• Touchy topic for me, I'll do my best to be the most objective.

Same old Mazzanti I would say: overall, it doesn't look too bad. Not perfect, but not horrendous either, there's a chance to get to the final phase. The thing is I understand that sometimes it's better to be safe than sorry, but I really don't get some of his choices. Here's why.

SETTERS

We are all well aware of our struggle in finding reliable setters, but we can't afford to ride or die with Orro, which looks to me on the same worrying path of Malinov, that is losing confidence and self-belief, leading to poor choices on the field. Apart from Bosio maybe, none of these calls-up can be a NT starter at the moment. The most puzzling one is for sure Morello: she barely played in Chieri and with the greatest respect, how on earth did she come before someone like Signorile for example?

OPPOSITES

Considering that Antropova is finally eligible, I didn't expect Paola to be among the ones available for the VNL. Seems like we will see the A team for the final week. I'm fine with Malual and Frosini, but I'm disheartened about Nwakalor: she wasn't good this season, she never seemed a factor on international matches and I don't believe she has much more room for improvement. Why didn't he give a chance to a youngster like Diop or Nicoletti, which had a standout season? Considering that Mazzanti said he hasn't any preclusion on girls playing abroad... :whistle:

OUTSIDE HITTERS

Together with the setter is the most vulnerable position, because we are basically forced to rely on Bosetti, Pietrini and Sylla at the moment and, apart from them, there is very little choice. By the way, all three of them didn't look good this year, let's hope they find some form for the EC and the OQT. One thing is mind-blowing though: just like Nwakalor, I think is unbelievable to see D'Odorico in. Why not give a prospect like Gardini a go?

MIDDLE BLOCKERS

The position with the most depth: I would have given a chance to either Gray or Akrari, because they really were a factor in Pinerolo's great escape this year. The same can't be told of Mazzaro, which but overall I can't complain too much there. We all know he won't give up on Chirichella and it's ok to test the younger Nwakalor and Graziani on a bigger stage compared to Perugia and Firenze respectively.

LIBEROS

Fersino is ready to fill De Gennaro's shoes and even though Moki is past her prime, I think she will wear her iconic #6 till Paris. No idea how Parrocchiale made it apart from the fact she is another of the coach's protégée. Spirito and De Bortoli were far more deserving and being provocative one could say that even Moro and Sirressi have better numbers...

• mazsanti call 14th players for first training camp,some of them weren't at big list of VNL but happy to see at NT program as armini,gardini,diop

Questo l’elenco delle 14 atlete convocate: Martina Armini, Beatrice Gardini e Linda Nwakalor (Bartoccini-Fortinfissi Perugia); Ilaria Battistoni e Anna Danesi (Igor Gorgonzola Novara); Francesca Bosio dal 10 maggio, Alessia Mazzaro e Rachele Morello (Reale Mutua Fenera Chieri); Emma Cagnin e Giorgia Frosini (Volley Bergamo 1991); Federica Carletti (Wash4green Pinerolo); Agnese Cecconello e Binto Diop (Cuneo Granda S.Bernardo); Sofia D’Odorico (Megabox Ond. Savio Vallefoglia

• Mazzanti confirmed that Sylla, Squarcini and Parrocchiale will join the team for the first week. No info on the other names yet

• I remember I said u20 squad that were champions in 2021 was the best I've seen in terms of potential,that all could make it to senior NT besides serters and libero

Now i see almost them all are playing or training with senior squad...only missing players are claudia consoli,sofia monza and unfortunately julia ituma

Yesterfay against canada linda nwakalor was top scorer

• Mazzanti confirmed that Sylla, Squarcini and Parrocchiale will join the team for the first week. No info on the other names yet

Probably the roster will be

S : Bosio, Battistoni (Gennari)

OH: Sylla, Omoruyi, Degradi Villani (Dodorico)

O: S.Nwakalor, Malual

MB: Danesi, Squarcini, Mazzaro, L.Nwakalor

L: Fersino, Parrocchiale.

The rest of girls are assigned to B team so probably won't compete in VNL.

• team for week 1

Sylla,danesi added from the team that was playing friendlies

Fersino and villani out due to minor injuries

Schiacciatrici: Miriam Sylla, Alice Degradi, Loveth Omoruyi e Sofia D’Odorico.

Opposti: Sylvia Nwakalor e Adhouljok John Majak Malual.

Centrali: Anna Danesi, Alessia Mazzaro, Federica Squarcini e Linda Nwakalor.

Liberi: Beatrice Parrocchiale e Sara Panetoni.

• Don't know where to post this but today will be the finale of Girl's U18 tournament.

IMOCO VS Volleyrò

Both teams have some promising players that currently play in the NT U team and will participate in the upcoming FIVB U19 WCH.

IMOCO : Adigwe (opp) Badaro(libero) Marchesini (MB)

Volleyrò: Esposito (OH) Allaoui (Setter) Del Freo (OH) Atamah (MB).

MVP prediction : Adigwe :super::super:

• Manfredini plays in what club?

Wow this final is always the same

• Manfredini plays in what club?

Wow this final is always the same

Considering Manfredini plays in Sassuolo in A2, and this tournament is for U18 clubs (B1 levels) so I guess she doesn't participate at all. She outgrow her teammates already.

Adigwe is just too powerful for this age and defeat Volleyrò with approximately 25 pts in 3 sets. :obey::obey:

She is three years younger than Antropova, a very promising opp:heart::heart: