Italian Women's NT 2023

• There are some limits, but some journalists, such as Pasini, demand that they be stricter and impossible to bypass. I have no opinion on this. Generally, I think that if you are going to import someone from abroad, bring only the biggest stars: Bosković, Gabi, Vargas, etc. What is the purpose of playing Congeliano, for example by Robinson and Plummer? These are not big stars and I believe that the Italian movement should be able to train suitable replacements from junior teams. In any case, the issue of limits is not only a problem of volleyball in Ita but also of football, e.g. in Milan it happens that no Italian plays on the first squad.

Also giving passport for players just to count as italians dont help nobody expect clubs itself. Surely not helping to italian volleyball.

P.S i am not talking about Antropova

• The Italian movement requires reflection but this is an issue after 2024. However, the facts are that it is the best Italian coaches who train Turkey, Serbia and Poland to great successes, not the other way around. The Italian movement still has huge potential but there is undoubtedly some adjustments that need to be made. There cannot be a situation where we regularly win medals at the Junior World Championships and European Championships and this doesn`t translate into more young stars in senior team. The problem is somewhere on the line: junior-senior. Young players who outperform their peers in junior competitions are not able to do the same in senior competitions. They have problems with playing regularly in their clubs, etc. Perhaps it's a matter of putting too much pressure on junior successes, or maybe it's necessary to introduce limits on foreign players in Serie A? Many questions but few answers...

I think you are giving too much importance to medals at junior levels. Common patterns seen in teams that are successful in junior levels but can't translate their success into senior level:

1. These teams are very well balanced, 7 players who are more than decent, no weak player but no one really flashy and leading the team. Most Italian generations have been a bunch of good players without any single very good player.

Example: Our 2000-2001 generation (Ebrar, Derya Cebecioğlu, İlkin Aydın, Elif Şahin) got last place in their youth European Championship. But Ebrar was already standing out. So although the team was collectively unsuccessful, I was hopeful from that generation because we had a few standout players and that s what you need from junior NT. Our other successful generation 1990-1991, which got silver ar youth World Championship, had only Naz Aydemir reaching out senior NT (Büşra Cansu played a few times as well but she was playing as OH at that time). This generation is still considered very good one because we had at least one player who could right away play at senior NT.

2. The physically limited players can shine at junior level thanks to their technical capacity but their physical limitations shows up once they play at senior level.

Example: We had Damla Çakıroğlu (179cm) who was MVP of both youth World Championship and the junior European Championship. She could play very well thanks to her good technique at youth/junior levels but she was a complete disappointment once she started to play at senior level clubs

So all in all, if medals are won by a collective success of 7 mediocre players without a standing out star player or a team consisting of technically good but physically limited players, their success won't translate into senior NT's success

• Unfortunately the money is much much better in Turkish League.

It is similar in football, for example in the Premier League has a biggest money but the Spanish league is able to train great young players and base its teams on them, e.g. Barcelona. I think Italy should follow a similar path. Currently, competing with the Turkish league and their money isn`t sense. You need to focus on training your stars, e.g. Bergamo used to do it this way. Personally, I remember the times of the beginning of the 21st century, when Italian clubs had the most money and the world's biggest stars played there: Gamova was probably the only one who could not be brought to Serie A. Those were beautiful times, but unfortunately they will not come back :( We need to adapt to the realities and train local stars, like Egonu.

• Also giving passport for players just to count as italians dont help nobody expect clubs itself. Surely not helping to italian volleyball.

P.S i am not talking about Antropova

This is a similar situation to football. The heads of Italian clubs don`t care about the high level of the national team, they only think about their clubs. For me it's sick because they are all in the same boat. The big success of the national team=the greater interest of sponsors, media, etc., and therefore more money for the clubs themselves. Some people are too stupid to understand this...

• Danesi also can do both but she just is not in a good shape this summer. When she finds herself she will be like the last season in WC.

I don't think so. She has always been a great blocker but she struggles with her attacks a lot because she is a versatile attacker, she has only one attacking style. She had a few good games here and there but she has never had one good season as a dominant attacker in her club or in Italian NT. Again, from pure blocker perspective, she is very good at that. However her attack has never been comparable to Eda, Zehra, Thaisa, Ogbogu, Yuan or Lubian

• Take, for example, this year: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…27_U18_World_Championship

The Italian team then won the cadet gold medal and three players were promoted to the senior team: Egonu, Orro and Lubian. Including one really big star: Egonu. It is enough for 2-3 players from each age group to break into the senior team. It's not saying that you can't have both. Btw. Mazzaro was still playing then and she was also close to the senior team.

• It's not like Lubian sucks at everything. Her attack is good. Her service can be very dangerous. She's just a so so blocker who had a bad tournament in this element of the game.

Lubian is a very strong attacker and is very good at serving, but her blocking is not "so-so": her blocking is terrible, she has always been the worst blocker in the championship among the starting MBs... And in any case it is true that the problem of Italy is not her: in a squad like the one we have available, her defects can easily be masked... The considerations we make about her apply to almost all the players: it is clear that we must first resolve the problems that we have off the field before thinking about technical or tactical questions...

• Lubian is a very strong attacker and is very good at serving, but her blocking is not "so-so": her blocking is terrible, she has always been the worst blocker in the championship among the starting MBs... And in any case it is true that the problem of Italy is not her: in a squad like the one we have available, her defects can easily be masked... The considerations we make about her apply to almost all the players: it is clear that we must first resolve the problems that we have off the field before thinking about technical or tactical questions...

I`m sure that the 2022 team would easily win the Euro medal and advance to the Olympic Games in Łódź: probably together with Poland at the expense of the USA. Considering the team was so broken and so chaotic this summer, we were exceptionally close to winning against Turkey and Poland in the decisive matches. Even more so considering that our opponents played in their top squads and didn`t have the same problems as we now. The Italian movement needs changes but even with this the current material and the right persons of the staff we can win a medal in Paris without any special miracles.

• I don't think so. She has always been a great blocker but she struggles with her attacks a lot because she is a versatile attacker, she has only one attacking style. She had a few good games here and there but she has never had one good season as a dominant attacker in her club or in Italian NT. Again, from pure blocker perspective, she is very good at that. However her attack has never been comparable to Eda, Zehra, Thaisa, Ogbogu, Yuan or Lubian

I never said that she was dominant consistently. None MB is dominant all the time. In her good shape Danesi is a complete player. Maybe the fact that she is not hit the ball so hard can create a false image of her but she is between the top middle blockers right now. From the other side a like Chiaka a lot but she is not a dominant attacker or a top player because she is completly unstable and unpredictable. In one match she can score almost 20 points and the next day to score 2 or 3 points. And she wasn't like that for a period but for her entire career. When she stablelized herself she will be considered as a top MB.

• I've seen them before but I don't think the consistency of the power behind their serves are comparable to now.

Lol the ball was far heavier back then. They would smash the lighter Mikasa ball. Those Molten balls left a lot bruises in the arms, which is something that doesn't happen anymore with the Mikasa.

I remember Spasojevic crying during a game after a spike from Togut she tried to block and opened her hands. You could see much more broken fingers...

• I've seen them before but I don't think the consistency of the power behind their serves are comparable to now.

watch carillo at the age of 15 being best server of world championship. She was getting aces back to back. Same for Godina, Gamova, Sokolova and artamanova. Pity that they weren't measuring the serve speed

• I advise you to watch Cuba or China in OG2004/2008. Cuban serves and spikes were dominant at the time, while with China you can barely see where the ball is going as everything was happening so fast.

• President of Italian federation gave small statement.

And I do believe We are gone finally change head coach. :woohoo:

Can’t wait to see full squad back !

• MB are not the most important for a team OH and OPP are. There are only 3 top Opp who can change a game, Boskovic, Vargas and Egonu. Egonu when fit and motivated is still the best. They all need at least 1 top OH to make it work but better still one defensive and one ofensive OH.