2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• The first match between Croatia and Bulgaria youngsters will be interesting and unpredictable.

I would say that this match should not be broadcasted. This is VNL and both teams are not on the VNL level...

• I would say that this match should not be broadcasted. This is VNL and both teams are not on the VNL level...

I have a different view. Bulgaria and Croatia aren’t really weak teams, being ranked 16th and 27th respectively (FIVB ranking) and they have the potential to challenge any of the top teams. I’m looking forward to seeing Croatia in particular because there isn’t much opportunity of seeing their players in European leagues...they play in the middle of the night in my time zone of gmt+8. Currently, the only Croatian player I’m familiar with is Klara Peric :heart:

• I have a different view. Bulgaria and Croatia aren’t really weak teams, being ranked 16th and 27th respectively (FIVB ranking) and they have the potential to challenge any of the top teams. I’m looking forward to seeing Croatia in particular because there isn’t much opportunity of seeing their players in European leagues...they play in the middle of the night in my time zone of gmt+8. Currently, the only Croatian player I’m familiar with is Klara Peric :heart:

They are okay teams but only if they bring their best players. They don't have deep rosters to play with their B team and put a decent fight like Brazil or Serbia can do. If they are competing at highest level, they should bring their A game.

• I have a different view. Bulgaria and Croatia aren’t really weak teams, being ranked 16th and 27th respectively (FIVB ranking) and they have the potential to challenge any of the top teams. I’m looking forward to seeing Croatia in particular because there isn’t much opportunity of seeing their players in European leagues...they play in the middle of the night in my time zone of gmt+8. Currently, the only Croatian player I’m familiar with is Klara Peric :heart:

So you know only Peric and think that youngsters from Croatia could play great volleyball against top teams? Come on. Like it was said before. They don't have deep roster. Actually this roster is one of the worst in VNL 1st week. They can't even compete against top tier teams with full roster.

Anyway, my predictions for 1st day:

Netherlands 3:1 Germany

Japan 3:0 Dominican Republic

Italy 3:2 Thailand

Poland 3:1 Canada

• You would be right of course, I'm not familiar with the Croatian team, merely looking at their rankings. That said, I do hope their matches (as well as all the other matches) are streamed so that I can get to know them better :)

• Just as you imply, its not a convincing roster. However, with Weitzel and Orthmann I wouldnt be surprised in case they prevailed over Netherlands anyway. This is the most critical or key matchup of the first week for them, imo.

• Do you really believe Italy prevails over Thailand with this B/C-team? Impressive in such a case.

My predictions:

Netherlands 3×2 Germany

Japan 3×0 Dominican Republic

Italy 1×3 Thailand

Poland 3×2 Canada

• I literally Don’t get it why Fabris is not with team from day one. She barely played in Eczacibasi, She was bench player

Girl come and play We didn’t see you almost whole year.

• Just as you imply, its not a convincing roster. However, with Weitzel and Orthmann I wouldnt be surprised in case they prevailed over Netherlands anyway. This is the most critical or key matchup of the first week for them, imo.

For some reason bets are in favor of Germany, may Dutch team be also a weak choice? 🤔

• Dutch team is missing Buijs, Daalderop, M. Jasper, Plak and Bongaerts, so I'm not sure if they're really favourite against Germany. IMO it's pretty much 50:50, but the biggest Dutch advantage is Koslowski. Not only is he a better coach than you-know-who, but he logically knows all German players extremely well and can prepare the Dutch team perfectly.

• I know it might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't like the VNL as it is right now. The international calendar is already pushing the ahletes to the limit and most of time, for one reason or another, the strongest players skip the first few weeks and some maybe the whole tournament because they simply can't sustain all the matches.

I mean, the least the FIVB should do is re-think a little bit some of these tournaments: I do believe that less matches with stronger line-ups is much more interesting than 100+ matches where a lot of teams field the B or even C squad.

• I know it might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't like the VNL as it is right now. The international calendar is already pushing the ahletes to the limit and most of time, for one reason or another, the strongest players skip the first few weeks and some maybe the whole tournament because they simply can't sustain all the matches.

I mean, the least the FIVB should do is re-think a little bit some of these tournaments: I do believe that less matches with stronger line-ups is much more interesting than 100+ matches where a lot of teams field the B or even C squad.

no one expect Turkey or maybe Brazil didn’t send their strongest line up…