2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Butigan and Fabris are with Croatia in week 3.

• Uzelac was also 16 in rimini 2021

Also Gocanin in 2019, Herbotts in 2016,.....?

But actually all of them were near 17yo, while Grozer just turned 16.

Is it Vargas the youngest ever? Phil

• Grozer certainly has great potential but it's too early for this level. She started as OPP (probably family tradition) but has been transitioning to OH because she's just 1.80, even if she grows a few cm more she'd be too short as OPP for the highest level and she's a decent receiver so it makes sense to turn her into OH. She also has a very good technique and understanding of the game, I wonder how she'll use her chances which according to Heynen she will get.

• Also Gocanin in 2019, Herbotts in 2016,.....?

But actually all of them were near 17yo, while Grozer just turned 16.

Is it Vargas the youngest ever? Phil

I think so. Vargas was born in October 1999 and played World Grand Prix in 2013.

• I imagine she won't get much playtime, then, considering there are five other OHs. Still, Heynen must have seen some great potential in her if he's taking her to train with the senior team.

She is hitting the ball absolutely insane like her father, especially at service :what:. And she was contracted for next season by record champion Schwerin in German first league.

• Grozer certainly has great potential but it's too early for this level. She started as OPP (probably family tradition) but has been transitioning to OH because she's just 1.80, even if she grows a few cm more she'd be too short as OPP for the highest level and she's a decent receiver so it makes sense to turn her into OH. She also has a very good technique and understanding of the game, I wonder how she'll use her chances which according to Heynen she will get.

Maybe Heynen wants to impress the other teams with:lol: her name? But honestly you don't want to receive her service.

• If I'm not mistaken the last time China faced Boskovic was at VNL 2018. That was the tournament when LYY first debuted for the NT. 8|

They avoided each other at both WCHs 2022/2018 and VNL 2022. World Cup 2019 (Bjelica) and VNL 2021 (Caric), 2019 (Kubura).

Should be a fun lefty vs lefty match! :cheesy:

• If I'm not mistaken the last time China faced Boskovic was at VNL 2018. That was the tournament when LYY first debuted for the NT. 8|

They avoided each other at both WCHs 2022/2018 and VNL 2022. World Cup 2019 (Bjelica) and VNL 2021 (Caric), 2019 (Kubura).

Should be a fun lefty vs lefty match! :cheesy:

yeah, even without Boskovic, Serbia and China rarely played in last few years ^^ and now we will play at lest twice this year

• yeah, even without Boskovic, Serbia and China rarely played in last few years ^^ and now we will play at lest twice this year

I looked back another year at World Grand Prix 2017 and Serbia had Antonijevic/Drca setting that means the last time China faced Ognjenovic was the gold medal match at Rio 2016. :lol:

• I looked back another year at World Grand Prix 2017 and Serbia had Antonijevic/Drca setting that means the last time China faced Ognjenovic was the gold medal match at Rio 2016. :lol:

And Korea was awarded to host this spectacle for few tremendous years in VNL :lol:

P.S few days ago Ognjenovic, Drca and Antonijevic was on Rasic wedding together, i wish at least one of them are born in 1990 at least :lol:

• I think so. Vargas was born in October 1999 and played World Grand Prix in 2013.

Hui Ruo-qi played warm-ups against Japan in 2007. She was 16 years old then.

Wang Yi-mei parcitipated in 2004 WGP. She was 16 years old then.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan