2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• This ranking system is ridiculous. It’s may be the first sport to “penalize” the losing finalist, semi finalists & quarterfinalists of a big tournament.

Not only China losing points after losing the final, teams like Germany & Japan fought hard to earn their spots in the final 8, flew all the way to the US, expectedly losing to the top seeds, got nothing rewarded for reaching the QF but instead resulted in losing points because of losing the match. Their hard work over the 3 whole weeks for reaching the Final 8 meant nothing in this ranking system. Teams that didn’t qualify for the final 8 were even “benefited” on the other hand, because they wouldn’t lose any further point and their gap with Germany and Japan became closer after the QF.

Of course it is risky for underdogs to go to such finals but generally they don't loose much points if the difference between them and favourite team. And they could benefit a lot pointwise if they manage to win against those teams. In previous system, if an underdog makes a surprise win a favourite team in a preliminary group stage, there won't be much impact but current system rewarding teams for their succesful games, every single one of them. And again, if they lose again a heavy favorite they won't loose much points anyways

Only tweak I would have done to the current ranking system would be that bonus points should be given to teams qualify to quarterfinals, semis and finals. So that they can still benefit from reaching further in the tournaments

• This just means that vnl is becoming more and more prestigious and important tournament. Especially now that wch is a biannual event, the gap between winning WCh and VNL won't be huge.

For me Only criticisizm to vnl is that it has core teams which creates inequality towards nonecore teams. I hope they will abolish this rule with new cycle starting from 2025

• This just means that vnl is becoming more and more prestigious and important tournament. Especially now that wch is a biannual event, the gap between winning WCh and VNL won't be huge.

For me Only criticisizm to vnl is that it has core teams which creates inequality towards nonecore teams. I hope they will abolish this rule with new cycle starting from 2025

VNL is so important, i think all 4 winners need to receive Olympic tickets

• VNL is so important, i think all 4 winners need to receive Olympic tickets

They probably will thanks to all the world ranking points😎 I hope Serbia can qualify to Olympics too🙏 it would be fun to beat them in Olympics 🥰

• First of all, let me stress that I am very proud of my team, vinning the VNL which is very well deserved from all aspects. Please do not take it as offence but your table do not mean much to me (indicating kill % but not eff % and while mentioning defence no digs etc), since it does not reflect the truth as the nomination and award of VNL in that position. For the rest everything was so obvious and very well deserved but still there are excellent players in various positions in several teams (and as you stressed Korneluk). Players performance should not be consist of last 2 -3 games but through all the tournament. Your table and VNL's organizers preference is completely biased. You are saying that "It doesn't matter how they performed during first phase" but it should, along with the other phases, in the name of correct statistics and fairness. For example if a player performed an excellent performance still having great statistics through all the tournament and before the final two match, had an injury or any other obstacle or reason and another player not performed as expected through all the tournament but in the final 2 games performed good, means that she is better than the other, who did not played in the final matches? In that case, Lukasik was about to get on top of Li Yingying which is funny. Is this the logic of the tournament? From that aspect, I found many users (including the ones who sees attacking on Turkiye and their fans as their duty), complaints reasonable. In my opinion, VNL is VNL and World Championship is World Championship and ranking should be reviewed. Otherwise in the name of updating or renewing the ranking, change the name of VNL to World championship or cancel VNL and organize World Championship annually. I guess there are some emotional things ($) behind it.

Assessing this organization, it was full of disaster at some points.

1- The 2nd leg power outages, challenge reviews and leaking roof in the court. These organizers at country level should be reported and banned at least for a while.

2- The thropy ceremony was most disasterous one in the tournament history. Right after the match, while the girls were celebrating and dancing a man suddenly appeared on the court and gave a material which later understood that it was the trophy which made captain Eda shocked, staring to him asking with her eyes what the hack is this but kept her kindness and accepted. This behavior meant take the trophy and get the f**k of here. It was not acceptable at all. Not sure it was whose plan and decision to do this. Later on they tried to cover up and gave the trophy for the 2nd time.

3- It was not fair to Poland team either, to be excluded in a full ceremony to take their medals along with Türkiye and China.

4- Who is Julia Bergman to deliver an award in the ceremony. What is her success in volleyball history or her position in the organization except being mediatic (for any reason), member of Brasil NT (not USA)? In my opinion and even with this tournament statistics and taking place in the 2nd team of AVCA 2022 an average player (good in defence) and one of the worst OH with her negative contribution to Brasil team in this tournament. Really fit to give that award. This season, we shall see her in Türkiye with THY jersey. I hope she will not feel regret as happened to Brook.

Overall, too many unforgettable moments and decisions in this tournament and one of them is the subject which is previously pointed.

We shall see all above mentioned players career in volleyball world in the coming years and İlkin, who did not worth to find a room in your biased list (or VNL's).

Millions of thanks to all countries and their players, who gave us a long enjoyable journey in the volleyball world with full of new and old talents.

• What happened in the 2nd leg?

• Agree that the statistics of the players from the start to the end (participation / play time /days) should be considered in the awarding of individual awards. Don’t just take the semi and final performances. To make it easier to summarize evaluate the players whose teams qualified for the quarter finals. Then, statictics performances from the first to third leg take 50 % and 50% from the final leg evaluation of the players’ performances for the individual awards. Some players did not play much while some played from the beginning to end of the tournament which is a factor that certainly affect their performances ( the fresher / less tired body) the player can do better than a tired body.

Lmfao. Yea wcs = VNL. That’s why Italy sent nobody and Serbia didn’t send Boskovic till week 3. Do you even Hear yourself ? Even lavarini after winning bronze that VNL is a chance for the medium teams to do well while top teams get people experience….

• Lmfao. Yea wcs = VNL. That’s why Italy sent nobody and Serbia didn’t send Boskovic till week 3. Do you even Hear yourself ? Even lavarini after winning bronze that VNL is a chance for the medium teams to do well while top teams get people experience….

It is really nice to see you comforting yourself this way :lol:

• It is really nice to see you comforting yourself this way :lol:

winning VNL does mean something. Congratulations on that. I enjoyed watching Gizem. She was incredible.

however, pushing the narrative that VNL is basically a wc win is ridiculous and deserves ridicule.

• VNL being more important is very normal for FIVB to push and should indeed be encouraged. The major tournament is OGs which is fine but it's not a volleyball specific tournament and doesn't really make the sport grow, we get minimal treatment and are clearly limited.

Look at big sports, Football, Basketball World Champs are way more important than OGs. Tennis grand slams are way more prestigious than OGs too and 4x a year.

VNL is the only tournament that's actually about just volleyball, so I don't get people hating on it. I agree it needs to be tweaked too.

• With Guidetti Turkey also would win VNL because since that season plays Vargas and She changed a lot.