2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Top 20 Turkish twitter tags are about the girls.

I might have just realized your username lol:drink:after the 294736284th post on Instagram it finally hit me:lol:

• Believe it or not I was chearing for Turkey to win this because of Santarelli.

This guy is magician.

Winning everything with both club and NT. Only thing right now what He is missing is Gold from Olympics and ECH.

Congrats Turkish users I do believe you dream about this for so long time.

• Not surprised at all about this historic Turkish win. Certainly the arrival of Vargas helped Turkey to take it to the next level, but there's so much more behind these results. Santarelli is not perfect, but he's bloody good and did a tremendous job in terms of unraveling the cards and retooling the team, from playing Karakurt as an OH to call back Örge as the starting libero.

Impressive job on the mental part of the game too: over the years we've seen Turkey express good volleyball, but a lot of times the crushing weight of the important games (and probably the responsibility of representing such a passionate fan base) made them crumble into dust. That doesn't happen anymore or at least they bounce back more easily (the match against the USA is a perfect example of what I mean).

It doesn't mean that Guidetti is cooked, but that switch is a proof that a change of pace at the right time can play a fundamental role in a team development. Any resemblance to real organisations and/or to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental... :roll:

• yep, Elif. She was so good. Quite strange that she wasn’t abble to run ECZ and did so good right now. She deserves to be starter in a top team. I just have the impression that Naz isn’t the player that likes to sit on the bench.

Elif was already a starter in Eczacıbaşı 2 years ago and she proved her worth. I think she could have been great for a team like Galatasaray or THY indeed then those team wouldn't need to transfer foreigners for setter position. She will be a free agent after next season 🙏

• Maybe someone will know the answer for my question, will Poland still be chellenger team when they take 3rd place? this result have some meaning for next years or not?

• Elif was already a starter in Eczacıbaşı 2 years ago and she proved her worth. I think she could have been great for a team like Galatasaray or THY indeed then those team wouldn't need to transfer foreigners for setter position. She will be a free agent after next season 🙏

Elif is young and I think one of the best investment is ECZ. A lots of people criticized her over the last 3 years, but she was 18 when she went back to ecz from Karayollari (i guess) and was a starter among Boskovic and others, had to play such a high level out of nowhere basically. I guess she also learned from Maya and others and will learn from Naz too. Also do not forget that Naz is no longer 20 so I think Elif will be used wisely - I really hope that.

• Maybe someone will know the answer for my question, will Poland still be chellenger team when they take 3rd place? this result have some meaning for next years or not?

Yes. They will be challenger team next season.

Core teams have a contract with Volleyball World until 2024. Some changes in VNL format are planned for 2025

• I don't find the ranking system stupid because it's up to date, but why the fuck does China go down 2 spots for losing a finale match :aww:;( That really is ridiculous lol.

This ranking system is ridiculous. It’s may be the first sport to “penalize” the losing finalist, semi finalists & quarterfinalists of a big tournament.

Not only China losing points after losing the final, teams like Germany & Japan fought hard to earn their spots in the final 8, flew all the way to the US, expectedly losing to the top seeds, got nothing rewarded for reaching the QF but instead resulted in losing points because of losing the match. Their hard work over the 3 whole weeks for reaching the Final 8 meant nothing in this ranking system. Teams that didn’t qualify for the final 8 were even “benefited” on the other hand, because they wouldn’t lose any further point and their gap with Germany and Japan became closer after the QF.

• Yes. They will be challenger team next season.

Core teams have a contract with Volleyball World until 2024. Some changes in VNL format are planned for 2025

Ok , thanks for answer:thumbup:

but its a pity that there is no something like that when chellenger team won medal they should be saved. Stupid rule, but ok, its FIVB...:read:

• The comments about Elif made me remember how much I stan her second balls, she just has a talent for that:obey:

• Definitely not Lukasik but not Rozanski either. Rozanski's stats went down in last 2 matches significantly. According to stats, most succesful OH (after Li Yingying) is definitely Avery, followed by İlkin. OH's 1st mission is attack and should be fed by setter or it depends on game strategy. In spite of not taken much time in last 2 matches she did very well in Italy match. A few mistakes dropped her stats in America match but still much better than most of the names in this small summary.I strongly believe that Lukasik was just a random pick and Avery deserved but not rewarded.

PS, Ebrar mostly played as OPP in the tournament in 8 matches.

TTL Points Serv Eff% Blocks Reception Spike # Match
          Pts Touch Sum Pos % Perf % Sum Kill % Eff % Pts  
    Derya Cebecioğlu 56 0 5 5 118 44 15 119 42 25 50 10
    İlkin Aydın 100 -1 9 12 183 48 26 185 45 30 84 13
    Ebrar Karakurt 193 2 18 16 142 44 17 399 40 26 161 15
    Martyna Lukasik 140 -1 13 15 316 52 28 304 39 29 120 14
    Olivia Rozanski 160 -13 12 23 342 35 11 362 20 17 141 15
    Avery Skinner 110 -4 10 12 189 39 15 210 46 34 210 9

It doesn't matter how they performed during first phase. If yes then Korneluk would be best MB with Yuan. Awards are for the finals not for the overall performance. In the finals we have:

Points/Receive%/Attack%

Łukasik 38 51,16 43,75
    Rozanski 34 27,42 39,44
    Skinner 32 28,26 49,09
    Wang 29 49,21 43,64
    Li 51 57,45 45,71
    Frantti 18 48,57 42,50
    Lanier 22 37,84 33,78
    Derya 19 39,02 39,47
    Ebrar 35 46,55 29,76

So maybe it could be Skinner just because of better percentage in attack, however Łukasik was second best receiver between all OH and third best attacker, second scorer and 3rd place winner. OH is not just about attack. Award for Łukasik is more than justified.

• This ranking system is ridiculous. It’s may be the first sport to “penalize” the losing finalist, semi finalists & quarterfinalists of a big tournament.

Not only China losing points after losing the final, teams like Germany & Japan fought hard to earn their spots in the final 8, flew all the way to the US, expectedly losing to the top seeds, got nothing rewarded for reaching the QF but instead resulted in losing points because of losing the match. Their hard work over the 3 whole weeks for reaching the Final 8 meant nothing in this ranking system. Teams that didn’t qualify for the final 8 were even “benefited” on the other hand, because they wouldn’t lose any further point and their gap with Germany and Japan became closer after the QF.

as if the other teams that beat them worked less. the current ranking system is fairer. probably just tweaking it for teams that reached the quarter finals to finals (less point deduction or something like that)

• as if the other teams that beat them worked less. the current ranking system is fairer. probably just tweaking it for teams that reached the quarter finals to finals (less point deduction or something like that)

This ranking would make any sense if points quota would be proportional to true meaning of the events.

Serbia gained 68 pts last year by going 13-0 at WCH (started at 324)

Turkey gained 66 pts by going 12-3 at VNL (started at 298)

It's not 'fairer', it's a blatant manipulation to make VNL more relevant.

Congratulations for all Turkey's fans - I was so exhausted after Poland's game that I went straight to bed, but if one country deserved such victory the most, it was Turkey all things considered.

• they did relegate a higher point for WC. just not that big of a gap from VNL

• Zehra dedicates the medal to Ceren who died as a result of the earthquake<3

She cries like a fool;(;(