Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2023/2024)

• Cansu and Wolosz are two names that cannot fit in the same sentence when it comes to volleyball...

literally.

Right now Wolosz is untouchable as number 1, not only her setting skills but her floor defence, blocking skills, serve. She has everything.

Wolosz is the main reason why Egonu played that good in Imoco and look how Egonu is performing with Cansu… Even when everyone knew that set was going to Egonu Wolosz still managed to make wholes in blocks because of her amazing skills.

• But if rumors come as true. It looks like domination of Conegliano could come to the end.

Milano
    Orro - Egonu

Li-Cazaute (or Bajema)

Folie - Rettke

Castillo.

Scandicci

Ognjenovic - Antropova

Zhu-Herbots

Carol-Mazzaro

Merlo

• Cansu and Wolosz are two names that cannot fit in the same sentence when it comes to volleyball...

Same with goes with Orro unfortunately.

To me the weakest part of Italian NT is setters, followed by OHs. Don't think Orro is a better setter than Cansu myself, but hey, everyone has a different taste when it comes to setters. For example I would also put Wolosz ahead of Maja, but most would complain about that.

• Eh, I feel like Milano is going to be like Eczacibasi in 2016-2017 season. Too many big names but didn't really worked well. It's big mess waiting to happen. Conegliano might not be as stellar like how they are a few years ago but they are much more stable as a team.

• Eh, I feel like Milano is going to be like Eczacibasi in 2016-2017 season. Too many big names but didn't really worked well. It's big mess waiting to happen. Conegliano might not be as stellar like how they are a few years ago but they are much more stable as a team.

ı feel this for scandicci especially considering they have the same setter and coach :gone:

We'll have to see but Conegliano is no longer the unbeatable team they were a couple years ago. Even this season, if Milano is able to play with that amazing block/defense they did against Vakif, they really have a shot.

• Same with goes with Orro unfortunately.

To me the weakest part of Italian NT is setters, followed by OHs. Don't think Orro is a better setter than Cansu myself, but hey, everyone has a different taste when it comes to setters. For example I would also put Wolosz ahead of Maja, but most would complain about that.

you understand, I didn't start...

But you nailed part of the question: the reality is that in the current women's volleyball, with the possible exception of Poulter alone, THERE ARE NO high-level setters...

We are still clinging ( as you well point out) to Maja Ognjenović (39 years old in August) and Joanna Wołosz (33 years old), all the others are just honest players, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, but nothing more...

So let's stop with this story that "Orro is pitiful", "no, Cansu is worse", "Macris is unwatchable" etc...

This is what women's volleyball is doing now and discussing it is quite absurd...

• Drca is literally so steady and good. Idk why ppl don’t like her

• It's hard for people to shake off old established narratives in sport. Drca spent 10+ years being considered an average setter, and she will stay that in the mind of most who don't watch her regularly years after she becomes one of the best setters in the world.

• Drca is literally so steady and good. Idk why ppl don’t like her

Problem is the image she created in people's minds for so long: "Maja is the creative setter, Zivkovic is the boring sub that gives precise sets but has 0 creativity". I think she broke this image a bit with last summer with Serbian NT but since she played the season in Russia, it was difficult for most volleyball fans to observe if she really changed. This summer will show us what can kind of setter she is and hopefully if she ends up in a popular league next season, she can confirm it further (not claiming that she has to btw).

• But the same can be said for Haak. Her connection with Cansu looked way better than with Wolosz. I am not saying Haak (or Egonu) is having a bad season, but both of them don't look like before after their setter swap

sorry but Haak has amazing season, especially WCCH with Wolosz. Haak slowed down from Feb to April but that is normal oscillation.