Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2023/2024)

• For me Naz is still the best setter currently

I like Naz but Ognjenovic just put up a clinic compared to her the last 2 matches

I did not see the last two matches but the whole season Naz is MUCH BETTER than Maja.

She is clearly better now.

It's not like Eczacıbaşı is a stronger team with better hitters than THY 🤣

I think Maja is great but clearly age has caught up to her imo. She is still good but just not in her prime, while people can pretend like I'm biased for Naz, old-time users know I never complimented her and hated on her a lot on the contrary 😅😂 but she is just playing great.

• So, is Conegliano pretty much just keeping the entire roster (except Gray) for the next season? Did Kelsey renew in the end?

I which Squarcini would've taken Scandicci's offer... I like her a lot, but it doesn't seem like there's a place for her in Conegliano now that Fahr is back. She's better than Mazzaro for sure.

• Cansu and Wolosz are two names that cannot fit in the same sentence when it comes to volleyball...

Is that so! And you come to conclusion on what evidence? Wolosz is 33 years of age and until now she won ONE club world Championship, and ONE CEV Championship. Where as Cansu is 27 years of old, and she already won TWO club world Championship, and ONE CEV Championship, and she is about to win another one. But most important she steered her team over FB just couple of weeks ago, while Wolosz was biting her lips in desperation and anger. LOL

• Is that so! And you come to conclusion on what evidence? Wolosz is 33 years of age and until now she won ONE club world Championship, and ONE CEV Championship. Where as Cansu is 27 years of old, and she already won TWO club world Championship, and ONE CEV Championship, and she is about to win another one. But most important she steered her team over FB just couple of weeks ago, while Wolosz was biting her lips in desperation and anger. LOL

it doesn’t matter what Cansu has won, She is not even near of Wolosz skills and creativity. And what Wolosz can do with bad reception, Cansu can only dream about it.

She is still young for setter position She can become one of the best for now. Simple no.

• Can’t both of Naz & Maja be great? Either of them would be a great asset to any team they play, and neither showed significant weakness in the matches they just played against another. I honestly don’t understand what’s the point of having pages of arguments on who is better. Both are one of the best setters, each of them have their own fans so it will never come to a conclusion.

I just hope both of them will prolong their careers and hopefully the younger generation can learn more from them. As overall speaking most younger setters over the world are… not even close to decent.

• Is that so! And you come to conclusion on what evidence? Wolosz is 33 years of age and until now she won ONE club world Championship, and ONE CEV Championship. Where as Cansu is 27 years of old, and she already won TWO club world Championship, and ONE CEV Championship, and she is about to win another one. But most important she steered her team over FB just couple of weeks ago, while Wolosz was biting her lips in desperation and anger. LOL

I don't think that team success in a sport like volleyball is as big indication of an individual level as you suggest here.

And not because I'm going to defend Wołosz here because she's from Poland - it's kind of obvious, considering these players are so different in terms of their overall characteristics, that the decisive part is not whether one is better than another on her own, because it's purely subjective, but finding a proper system that can utilize one's strengths the best way. That's why Wołosz is decade-best setter of Italian league, while e.g. Ognjenovic complemented Serbian NT in such fantastic way all over the years.

• Since we are speaking of the dearth of talent among today's setters, it is worth repeating that old opinion that setters tend to reach their best potential relatively late in their career (not all, of course). The example of Drca is obvious, but Maja is arguably also an indication of that, because (and this is something most of the people who started watching volleyball in the last 7-8 years don't know), in her late 20s she was widely thought of as underachiever who didn't reach anywhere near her potential. It was only in her 4th decade that an image of her as one of the greatest setters of this century solidified.

So, don't despair quite yet. There might be some diamonds in the wild, yet to reveal themselves with experience.

• it doesn’t matter what Cansu has won, She is not even near of Wolosz skills and creativity. And what Wolosz can do with bad reception, Cansu can only dream about it.

She is still young for setter position She can become one of the best for now. Simple no.

Of course, it does how do you measure success? Cansu has enough creativity to win games. Imoco is about to win the Italian league championship again. So, Wolosz is playing for a very good and strong team. I am not saying that it was completely her fault for losing to FB, they did have a reception issue. Wolosz fits perfectly with Imoco whare as Cansu fits with VB. You can’t say Cansu is a bad setter with all those trophies they won with her.

• So, is Conegliano pretty much just keeping the entire roster (except Gray) for the next season? Did Kelsey renew in the end?

I which Squarcini would've taken Scandicci's offer... I like her a lot, but it doesn't seem like there's a place for her in Conegliano now that Fahr is back. She's better than Mazzaro for sure.

Pretty much yeah. They're changing some of their backups setter (Bugg) opposite (Piani) libero (no idea who's coming but Pericati is leaving) but looks like not much other than that

• Of course, it does how do you measure success? Cansu has enough creativity to win games. Imoco is about to win the Italian league championship again. So, Wolosz is playing for a very good and strong team. I am not saying that it was completely her fault for losing to FB, they did have a reception issue. Wolosz fits perfectly with Imoco whare as Cansu fits with VB. You can’t say Cansu is a bad setter with all those trophies they won with her.

Noone said that Cansu is bad. She is really good, and probably in near future one of the best. But for now She needs much more to be on Wolosz level that is it.

• I don't think that team success in a sport like volleyball is as big indication of an individual level as you suggest here.

And not because I'm going to defend Wołosz here because she's from Poland - it's kind of obvious, considering these players are so different in terms of their overall characteristics, that the decisive part is not whether one is better than another on her own, because it's purely subjective, but finding a proper system that can utilize one's strengths the best way. That's why Wołosz is decade-best setter of Italian league, while e.g. Ognjenovic complemented Serbian NT in such fantastic way all over the years.

That may be true if she was playing for a so so team, but not for Imoco which is one of the best team in the world!

TWO WCCH**

• Noone said that Cansu is bad. She is really good, and probably in near future one of the best. But for now She needs much more to be on Wolosz level that is it.

lol someone implied she is bad

Oh well... If Vakif has won everything with Cansu Ozbay, Milano can win everything and even more with Orro...

and you think this and reply him with saying "but orro is playing well in last games "

But Orro is playing really nice last two months. Especially in play-offs… :what::what:

And I post she is not bad she ouplayed wolosz in two finals at that year. I did not say she is better than wolosz now but outplaying wolosz 2 times is indicator of her quality.