Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2023/2024)

• ?

You don’t see problem ?

She would learn much more if She stayed in lower ranking team in Turkey or to go at best in Italy but even Germany/Poland would be better choice….

• She's going to the world's best school of reception, but she would learn much more elsewhere? Okay then

• She's going to the world's best school of reception, but she would learn much more elsewhere? Okay then

I'm out of the story about "would be better elsewhere than Japan", but it is question mark that if she will actually receive there. Tugba is better passer, so not a perfect example. V league teams usually don't have such an ambition to deal with bad passing. Playing like non receiving OH, even without passing training, is much more realistic outcome for Derya, so i'm not sure if this is good point (even if it is against Cro, LoL).

Japanese players do receive well but their whole system in club level is hiding foreigner OHs from reception. Unfortunately I am at the same boat with Crovolley on this, very bad decision for her. She will be hitting a lot of balls but that's not what she needs right now🤦 one of the top polish/German/french teams with good coaches would have been better for her.

Anyways, independent of where she goes I'm happy that new generation has the courage to get out of their comfort zone and play abroad. Besides technical part of it, being a foreigner player brings a lot of responsibilities and expectations, which would definitely help them grow as players. Even a limited player like Tutku Burcu Yuzgenc seems to be improving in Germany👏👏

• You don’t see problem ?

She would learn much more if She stayed in lower ranking team in Turkey or to go at best in Italy but even Germany/Poland would be better choice….

I don't actually...

First of all, she will play regularly. That's what's important. She will be the first attack option of her team. She will take responsibility. And if Kurobe keeps Pimpichaya she will receive. Will see if she will improve her reception.

Yes maybe she could chose better options /leagues but she chose this one and I hope it will be a good fresh start for her

• I don't see a big problem with this either. Derya is also inconsistent in attacking so if she can improve that and become consistent by getting 60 sets a match, I will be happy for her. Kosheleva learned to receive almost in her 30s lol and that happened in Brazil. So I am lowkey hoping that after a year in Japan, Derya goes to Brazil for another year to improve receiving/defensive skills further.

• I don't see a big problem with this either. Derya is also inconsistent in attacking so if she can improve that and become consistent by getting 60 sets a match, I will be happy for her. Kosheleva learned to receive almost in her 30s lol and that happened in Brazil. So I am lowkey hoping that after a year in Japan, Derya goes to Brazil for another year to improve receiving/defensive skills further.

so like I’m not sure Kosholeva learned to receive lol. She still can’t pass lol

• Do you all find Tugba and Derya going outside of their country to look for more playing time as a problem? If you acknowledge that Derya's reception won't improve much if you look at the history of how OHs that are weak in reception are used in Japanese league, and that the only upside is that she would attack 60 balls in a match. Why doesn't she stay in the league and play for PTT/Nulufer/Sariyer for example? You can't tell me that those clubs wouldn't put her development first since they are a given to be in the middle of the standings anyway. This is just lowering the quality of the league since your domestic perspective talent is leaving. I think PTT would be much better this season with her in place of Merve for example. Tugba coming back and playing for THY next season is huge IMO.

On the other side, I do agree that it's a beneficial experience for a player to play as a foreigner at some point in their carrier. I just don't think that playing time should be the cause of that considering that there definitely are chances for her to get it consistently in her domestic league but I guess there is a sigma around playing for some other team not named Fener/Ezaci/Vakif.

• if Kurobe keeps Pimpichaya she will receive

Pimpichaya was main Kurobe receiver in 2021–22 when they had Klutz. Pimpichaya has the most swings this year ... mostly because Tugba took a while to ramp up and got pulled a lot in the beginning of the year

I guess it depends on where Derya wants to hit from, or where, or what ... well a whole bunch of stuff. It's just too early to call. But Derya won't receive if she's determined to be not good enough. Kurobe won't be "School for Derya" :lol:

I'm excited about Derya coming to Kurobe. They have a few players who smoke but haven't ignited yet. I want Derya to rub off on them :drink:

• Japanese players do receive well but their whole system in club level is hiding foreigner OHs from reception.

How good at floor defense, and more importantly, is Derya at 2-passing? (Tugba's been sublime at the 2-pass) I don't remember Derya defensive skills from the U-Squad and Yesilurt days of watching her. That's a big thing because Japanese don't believe in OOS nonsense :)

Hiding imports depends on the team and how lethal the import is as a terminator . Acosta, Tugba and SWP, not really lethal, pretty good reception, so they didn't hide. Lozo's not hiding any more. (but yeah, Plak, Lowe, GOATino) SWP took a while to ramp up and then her attacking got better when she started receiving ... it's the Japanese way if you're not Drews or Van Hecke or something. Then SWP got hurt :(

• How good at floor defense, and more importantly, is Derya at 2-passing? (Tugba's been sublime at the 2-pass) I don't remember Derya defensive skills from the U-Squad and Yesilurt days of watching her. That's a big thing because Japanese don't believe in OOS nonsense :)

Hiding imports depends on the team and how lethal the import is as a terminator . Acosta, Tugba and SWP, not really lethal, pretty good reception, so they didn't hide. Lozo's not hiding any more. (but yeah, Plak, Lowe, GOATino) SWP took a while to ramp up and then her attacking got better when she started receiving ... it's the Japanese way if you're not Drews or Van Hecke or something. Then SWP got hurt :(

Fair tbh but I think that's what Serdar means anyway. Derya is not like Tuğba, she is more like a Plak type player, so knowing this and the fact that the Japanese won't let her receive in her current form, he doubts going to Japan will benefit her like for example I believe it did with Tuğba. She was an important part of the reception line and did good as well. Her offense had ups and downs but got better later on, not to mention having Opp percentages at kills for an OH is less likely anyway in Japanese league. So for her it was a good season for her development.

Derya doesn't want to play as Opp like Drews or Van Hecke, but her reception isn't good enough for Japanese not to cover her. I think Brazil or anywhere else really would be a better start for her too unless she improves her reception or wants to become a mihajlovic type player.

Still wish for her to prove us all wrong though and for it to be the right decision ofc.

• I think Brazil or anywhere else really would be a better start for her [Derya]

I'm less concerned wiith Derya's development than I am with Kurobe's :)

I want Derya's fire to ignite Kurobe a bit. If she's enough of a threat as a non-receiving OH that teams drift towards her a bit that will be great because Kurobe has a couple mighty fine middle blockers who love to score, and if Pimpichaya stays <chef's kiss> ... If only Kurobe had a better setter

For Derya, maybe she gets a tip or two from Kurobe's excellent libero if she needs it. But she's also going to spend hours in the gym every day passing a volleyball, and doing 6 on 6 practices where rallies go on for a minute or more. I hope she's in good condition. If she's not she won't play until she is <swp, tugba, lowe, lozo>

Sara Lozo:

In European leagues, the average number of at-bats is about 30, including transitions, but Japan has a good defense, so the ball doesn't fall and the total number of at-bats reaches 50. I think it's a very tough leaguevbm

I don't remember how is Derya's back attack. That would be icing ... if this Derya rumor turns out to be true :whistle: