2023/2024 Transfer News (Female)

• It does for CEV :D

What kind of difference does it make?

I remember Dresden registered Madeleine Gates as Irish player for German league because at that time it was easier for her to get a visa for Germany as Irish citizen than as US citizen (she has both), but in her case she's also listed as Irish on CEV website :what:

• Maja Jonsson worked at a local supermarket shop in the rather sleepy village of Sollebrunn for a living last year and played in the Swedish 2.Division for Bjärke. Now she is all of a sudden representing the Swedish Champions and was labeled a "diamond" by the management. The Swedish newspaper Helsingborgs Dagblad referred to her as "jättetalangen" which means "huge talent" in English. How the tables turns. Btw, once another tall Swede emerged in Engelholm as a rocket on her first road up to the volleyball skies, Isabelle Haak.

Maja Jonsson is listed as 196 cm by VolleyBox but could just as well be taller, like 200 cm. I am 185 cm and felt extremely short standing besides her, lmao. This is the type of player Sweden needs. With a strong Camilla Weitzel type of player in the middle its insane how ameliorated Swedish NT would be in the future.

What happened to other upcoming talent from Sweden, she was an outside and went to NCAA a few years ago but came back to Sweden I think and then I didn't hear anything about her anymore 🤔 I think her name was hellvig

• What happened to other upcoming talent from Sweden, she was an outside and went to NCAA a few years ago but came back to Sweden I think and then I didn't hear anything about her anymore 🤔 I think her name was hellvig

Yeah, Hanna Hellvig. She is the sister of Jonathan Hellvig, one of the best beach volleyball players in the world. H. Helvig is a decent outside hitter and was in the roster for Sweden this summer in European League and so on. She played quite OK, nothing spectacular and tbh I have never regarded her as an extraordinary prospect as she is neither very tall, powerful or particularly athletic. Moreover, as Sweden already has the Lazic duo and A. Haak as wingers they do not really need more OHs anyway. What Sweden desperately needs are setters and middles, imo.

• I would rather she staying at A2 in order to be an starting and playing

She's so talented,the only one of her generation to play at A1

Well she will be bench of lohuis and melandri,I hope she takes all oportunities she could have

• Yeah, Hanna Hellvig. She is the sister of Jonathan Hellvig, one of the best beach volleyball players in the world. H. Helvig is a decent outside hitter and was in the roster for Sweden this summer in European League and so on. She played quite OK, nothing spectacular and tbh I have never regarded her as an extraordinary prospect as she is neither very tall, powerful or particularly athletic. Moreover, as Sweden already has the Lazic duo and A. Haak as wingers they do not really need more OHs anyway. What Sweden desperately needs are setters and middles, imo.

Talking about Sweden, there was a MB in Nebraska - Cecilia Hall. She played in Porto Rico and then disappared from the radar. She was an okay player, not outstanding and not bad.

• Vallefoglia signed German OPP Grosse-Scharmann https://www.volleyball.it/2023…sca-grosse-scharmann.html

That's one of the craziest transfers this season :white: She's an okay player for Bundesliga level and certainly has some talent, IMO due to the lack of opposites in German NT she at least should have been invited for training there as well, but seeing her in A1 even if it's just on bench is...unexpected.

• Maja Jonsson worked at a local supermarket shop in the rather sleepy village of Sollebrunn for a living last year and played in the Swedish 2.Division for Bjärke. Now she is all of a sudden representing the Swedish Champions and was labeled a "diamond" by the management. The Swedish newspaper Helsingborgs Dagblad referred to her as "jättetalangen" which means "huge talent" in English. How the tables turns. Btw, once another tall Swede emerged in Engelholm as a rocket on her first road up to the volleyball skies, Isabelle Haak.

Maja Jonsson is listed as 196 cm by VolleyBox but could just as well be taller, like 200 cm. I am 185 cm and felt extremely short standing besides her, lmao. This is the type of player Sweden needs. With a strong Camilla Weitzel type of player in the middle its insane how ameliorated Swedish NT would be in the future.

Omg! I remember my girls playing against her in VSS (local tournaments) 4-5 years ago and already back then, she was a giant, being very clumsy. I heard that she improved a lot though, have better control of her body.

On the other hand, this shows the problem of the Swedish volleyball in general: "no matter how talented or physically perfect you are, there is no place where you can improve yourself". Engelholm might be the only exception but I still feel like Bella was just a miracle. It will be very difficult for Maja to catch up at international level, I mean most of her competitors have been training twice a day, 5 days a week while she has been training 2-3 times a week in VK Bjärke. I was surprised that she did not join RIG where she could at least get more training hours.

Btw, I think the primary problem of Swedish NT is setters and I don't see anyone coming soon to fix this problem. Naturalising a player to that position might make miracles for the Swedish NT and make volleyball more popular, increasing investments etc. Btw serdar don't you remember Julevik? She was playing in your old club, Tuve VK and won the U18 mastership in Sweden.

• That's one of the craziest transfers this season :white: She's an okay player for Bundesliga level and certainly has some talent, IMO due to the lack of opposites in German NT she at least should have been invited for training there as well, but seeing her in A1 even if it's just on bench is...unexpected.

valefoglia have history of signing strange 2nd opposite

• Omg! I remember my girls playing against her in VSS (local tournaments) 4-5 years ago and already back then, she was a giant, being very clumsy. I heard that she improved a lot though, have better control of her body.

On the other hand, this shows the problem of the Swedish volleyball in general: "no matter how talented or physically perfect you are, there is no place where you can improve yourself". Engelholm might be the only exception but I still feel like Bella was just a miracle. It will be very difficult for Maja to catch up at international level, I mean most of her competitors have been training twice a day, 5 days a week while she has been training 2-3 times a week in VK Bjärke. I was surprised that she did not join RIG where she could at least get more training hours.

Btw, I think the primary problem of Swedish NT is setters and I don't see anyone coming soon to fix this problem. Naturalising a player to that position might make miracles for the Swedish NT and make volleyball more popular, increasing investments etc. Btw serdar don't you remember Julevik? She was playing in your old club, Tuve VK and won the U18 mastership in Sweden.

Was julevik playing in Tuve then?😱 I thought she was in RIG player🤔

I agree on setter issue, current setters are trying to kill Haak🤦 why do you think rebecka lazic didn't play at all in challenger cup? Was she still not fully recovered?

• Nasya Dimitrova (MB, BUL), Trica (OH), Baciu (OPP) and Albu (L) stay in Rapid Bucuresti

Roman (MB), Radu (S), Kosekova (S, SVK), Badiu-Savu (MB), Tucmeanu (L), Dekany (OH, HUN), Markovic (OPP, SLO), Uattara (OH, RUS), Pasol (OH) join Rapid

• Mina Güneş has entered into an agreement with Fenerbahçe II