Japan Women's NT 2023

• I'm not happy with Koga's performance so far or maybe I'm not satisfied with the combinations we've seen so far. I know very little about the other players but the setter this time has better timing than the last one that was overused to make the mbs move.

• I'm not happy with Koga's performance so far or maybe I'm not satisfied with the combinations we've seen so far. I know very little about the other players but the setter this time has better timing than the last one that was overused to make the mbs move.

That setter is Mika Shibata

• Are they heading back to Japan or will they go straight to *Thailand? dropping Matsui and Nishikawa and continue making Airi their dollar a day translator

• it took me longer to remember because i havent seen her in years but wada reminds me of yuri yoshino. she was in nakada's team for tokyo olympics but i dont remember what happened to her because she didn't make the vnl team but she was there during their intrasquad match.

• it took me longer to remember because i havent seen her in years but wada reminds me of yuri yoshino. she was in nakada's team for tokyo olympics but i dont remember what happened to her because she didn't make the vnl team but she was there during their intrasquad match.

She tore her ACL and was replaced by Uchiseto.

She's set to lead Toray (lol) next season. I mean I'm guessing she will since that highschool flop aka Erika and Saori's top choice hasn't been tested.

• Thailand. They're likely already there by now.

no way in hell. From Los Angeles to Tokyo it is 12 hours. From Tokyo to Thailand it is 7. From Brasilia to LA, probably via Sao Paolo or Rio de Janeiro is at least 10-12 hours.

Even with these new point to point planes (A350 and 787), Asia to South America is not a direct flight.

• Isn't it ironic that every time they have a big match against a top team Koga isn't the one saving them instead it's Mayu? I don't have anything against Koga, I'm not criticizing her as the captain idc about that stuff but you can't convince me that it's thanks to her that this team is able to hold it's head up. She's not about that KIM or Zhu or Saori life that Manabe is making her out to be.

But as many of you already pointed out, it doesn't make sense for Manabe to separate her from Mayu. If they played together more often especially against more difficult opponents their chances could be a lot better than the 2-3/3-2s we're seeing.

Wada is still an npc. I refuse to get too attached to NPCs after what happened to Kojima.

• Koga's peak was when she played with Ishii but then Ishii got left behind and Koga had to step in and that's exactly what she did. This team is more of Mayu's generation, Koga is now a veteran and afaik she no longer shares that kind of bond she had with Ishii with anyone else. Setters kept changing, middles kept changing, combos kept changing... I don't know that there's any player now that she could truly synchronize with. I don't blame her because it's difficult to keep up with the constant changes than constantly improving the flow of what you already know.

Mayu has her brother to keep her motivated and constantly striving for bigger things you can see that that Ishikawa pride weighs heavy on her.

• Koga's peak was when she played with Ishii but then Ishii got left behind and Koga had to step in and that's exactly what she did. This team is more of Mayu's generation, Koga is now a veteran and afaik she no longer shares that kind of bond she had with Ishii with anyone else. Setters kept changing, middles kept changing, combos kept changing... I don't know that there's any player now that she could truly synchronize with. I don't blame her because it's difficult to keep up with the constant changes than constantly improving the flow of what you already know.

Mayu has her brother to keep her motivated and constantly striving for bigger things you can see that that Ishikawa pride weighs heavy on her.

well said.

it also didn't help that nakada forced her to be kurogo's support so this time around she probably doesn't want to be in that position again and be mayu's support

• well said.

it also didn't help that nakada forced her to be kurogo's support so this time around she probably doesn't want to be in that position again and be mayu's support

But Koga and Mayu playing together doesn't automatically make Koga a side character unlike during Nakada's time where it's more important that Kurogo does the bare minimum while the rest covers her. It was made very clear that she was given the task to lead this team and she can do exactly that with Mayu. So what's the problem?

• But Koga and Mayu playing together doesn't automatically make Koga a side character unlike during Nakada's time where it's more important that Kurogo does the bare minimum while the rest covers her. It was made very clear that she was given the task to lead this team and she can do exactly that with Mayu. So what's the problem?

the problem is manabe has other plans. mayu and koga are not that kind of duo. there's no way koga has no say in manabe's lineup, just as ishikawa had a say in yanagida's exclusion. she is captain after all. koga is especially very vocal about what needs to change it's evident in that "all 4 _______" cam that jva releases after every leg. you should watch it if you haven't seen it already so you get what i'm talking about.

• the problem is manabe has other plans. mayu and koga are not that kind of duo. there's no way koga has no say in manabe's lineup, just as ishikawa had a say in yanagida's exclusion. she is captain after all. koga is especially very vocal about what needs to change it's evident in that "all 4 _______" cam that jva releases after every leg. you should watch it if you haven't seen it already so you get what i'm talking about.

Link to that all 4 whom?

• I hate to say it, but I think Uchiseto was Koga’s pal

• Are they heading back to Japan or will they go straight to *Thailand? dropping Matsui and Nishikawa and continue making Airi their dollar a day translator

ฺThey will back to Japan first then go to Thailand, it's from JVA.

• What was that ... Wada pulls the door closed on Araki :rolll: I take back my love

• USA keeps changing their line up too but they seem fine. But oh well, that's probably cultural. The Americans are more open to each other so communication and being "close" is not that big of a problem as with the Japanese.

That's probably the Japanese's biggest obstacle.... communication. The superiority by seniority is so rigid it's hard for them to get around that.

• Is there anything of interest n this tweetbox that Japanese speakers can glean from and share about Manabe's "intention of appointing Shibata and Wada in the starting lineup