USA - Pro Volleyball Federation 2023-2024

• great write up. Agree with all.

• Yesterday was an exciting day with Columbus upsetting top dog Atlanta.

MBH entered the court for Colombus as front row sub replacing the setter. She didn't have any swings but stepped in setting a perfect ball. Reagan Cooper is all class for a rookie. O'Neal brings an attitude on the court, but she's backing it up.

And my favorite team San Diego winning their third match of the season in a sweep against Vegas. They should have won the last encounter with Vegas also, but Khat Bell went off in the 5th set.

TTA, LVW, and Stone have really cemented their positions now. big improvements since those crazy lineups from start of the season.

I'm loving those Asian style quick inside sets Nootsara is setting to the wings, especially LVW hit multiple of those.

The PVF CEO said she's getting 'a gazillion calls' from international players to play in the league. Honestly I'm hoping they can compete with LOVB in signing players or at least keep the best players in the league for next year as most of the NT is in LOVB already. Worldwide all leagues already started signing players in past months, I hope PVF also started already locking players for next year and they simply haven't announced anything..

She also said there's a big announcement coming Tuesday. Likely about the playoffs.

• At some point LOVB and PVF will need to merge, as these two leagues cannot survive separately with both having former national team players.

It may mean some teams pass, but it will be a stronger league.

• i never understood the idea behind two separate leagues in the first place. Specially since they're just starting yet. Why don't they just have Div 2 like the rest of the world for youth players (which i think is what LOVB is all about).

I hope politics will not sully this sport too.

• Pretty surprised MBH joined PVF instead of LOVB, considering all the Olympians in LOVB

Been very curious what the monetary/political reason is behind the split league, some mentioned that LOVB is more of a grassroots project, but I find that hard to believe when they're recruiting such top-tier players

Unless someone from USA Olympics invested in LOVB and is coercing all the Olympians to play for LOVB or risk losing their NT spot (I am well aware this is a wild hypothesis, so surely this shouldn't be the case.. I hope?)

MBH already retired from NT so I suppose she can choose whatever

• Can't they just merge with LOVB to create an NBA style of league? If successful, it could kill the European leagues though.

• Unless someone from USA Olympics invested in LOVB and is coercing all the Olympians to play for LOVB or risk losing their NT spot (I am well aware this is a wild hypothesis, so surely this shouldn't be the case.. I hope?)

MBH already retired from NT so I suppose she can choose whatever

It shouldn’t be the case. At least both leagues have the “support” from USAV on paper, and current NT player O’Neal is also playing in PVF.

• MBH is assistant coach at Ohio University. So that's why she joins Ohio based team Columbus. Ohio University posted she will continue coaching.

The good thing is that PVF and NCAA season don't collide.

PVF have good salaries next season. Minimum 60k USD up to 175k USD for the top player for 4 to 5 month season excluding bonuses. They should be getting good players unless their staff is incompetent.

• PVF have good salaries next season. Minimum 60k USD up to 175k USD for the top player for 4 to 5 month season excluding bonuses. They should be getting good players unless their staff is incompetent.

Is LOVB paying higher than PVF currently considering how the Olympians are leaving Italian/Turkish league to play in US? Of course a factor is being able to play at home, but money is surely a factor