Turkey - Vodafone Sultanlar Ligi 2023-2024

• Y'all should bookmark this link like I did :rolll: then it's easy to check schedule and live stats for each match (I have my French, Greek and Brazilian dataproject bookmarked as well lol, together with the LVF and VBL website)

https://tvf-web.dataproject.com/CompetitionMatches.aspx?ID=87&PID=175

No offense to anyone but as Sassy said you guys should save this link.

Literally you can find every info here. Stats , streams links etc

• Stysiak typically scores well but also makes mistakes and gets blocked but here she really played a perfect match. Seems what she said in the past that she wanted to be part of Turkish league is what she really ment.

• Asli :rose:

Meanwhile Stevanovic 4 points in 5 sets. :gone:

she only got set 5 times lol. She had good block touches too. Sure she wasn’t great but she can’t control how much she gets set lol

• I know, but she has 0 block points. :gone:

yea that is bad. I do think she had some very nice touches to give her team chances but yeah she’s really been a poor blocker lately. Idk why

• And nobody talked about how bad Vakif is.. interesting

Vakifbank local OH performance was quite weak today. Idil Naz was 0/11 in attack and 7% positive reception on 14 attempts.

I wonder if Busa was sitting out this match? They needed her on court today as a stabilizing factor.

But this struggle was expected before the season started with their roster.

• Vakifbank local OH performance was quite weak today. Idil Naz was 0/11 in attack and 7% positive reception on 14 attempts.

I wonder if Busa was sitting out this match? They needed her on court today as a stabilizing factor.

Busa was out of the roster this game (they are rotation players out, first Ogbogu then Gabi and it was Busa for this game)

Frantti went 4/17 in attack with 2 errors and Idil Naz was bad to beggin with..

I guess Busa was needed, she is there to be stabilizing factor afterall and she played her part great both against Karayollari and especially Fenet in supercup.

• Vakifbank local OH performance was quite weak today. Idil Naz was 0/11 in attack and 7% positive reception on 14 attempts.

yea I think Busa was the foreigner who wasn’t dressed

• Amazing match between Fener and Ecza. Boskovic was the god of OOS today. Amazing performance. From the other side Stysiak was just INCREADIBLE. 37 points with only 3 mistakes is just PHENOMENAL. I do not remember to ever seen such a numbers. I think that she could be elite if she had better choices. She is in a big form and it makes me sorry the fact that after a while she will be benched and probably will lose her good shape;(;(;(.( in this part I can say that if Vargas was not local she had to fight really hard for the starting position from such a Stysiak and there would be serious chances of losing). Gray scored enough to help Boskovic but she can do more than that. I know it. Hande was not bad but she is not in a good shape. I do not know that is happening to her.

An other big surprise for me today was Meliha. I do not remember how long had to score so many points. I noticed in the last matches that she is looking better than before in the attack. I hope that her reception and defence ca go back to her old level and if she continue like this she will have chances for Paris ( by the way WTF is happening with her and Bosetti ???? I hope that it is just the fact that they did not played in summer). From the other side Arina was bad again... Not only she did not become better in anything in the summer and her reception is still bad but she seems worst. This is not so normal but she is in the start of the season so we gone see that will happened next. Drca was really good today. I like her so much. Naz was also good if you think the reception. Asli is a big power. Good and stable as always.

• An other big surprise for me today was Meliha. I do not remember how long had to score so many points. I noticed in the last matches that she is looking better than before in the attack.

That's the Bojana Drca effect for you - making defensive OH actually look capable in attack with over 40% efficiency. She had the exact same effect on Busa last summer. I think she's even contributing a bit to Stysiak's numbers in these last few games but Magdalena did have a very good summer with the NT so it might just be that her work with Lavarini suits her well.

FB is looking really good so far considering that they are missing two starting players in Ana C. and Vargas. Stysiak is gonna be able to fill in at the OPP and OH position depending on the need. Drca's chemistry with the rest of the players is improving also IMO. Her connection with Asli looks better than I expected, and that slide with Eda is coming along very well.

Naz's defense was on a very good level and her block was great as always. Her placement wasn't always great but the reception also wasn't giving her much to work with. I did find Stevanovic completely invisible. Yasemin is probably gonna take her spot by the end of the year(if she can stay healthy) so that opens up the foreigner spot for the second OH. While Gray definitely contributes more on the defensive end than Voronkova (several levels above tbh), her attack didn't really impress me as much as I expected but she was riding the Conegliano bench for a year so she is gonna need to get used to the volume of the balls coming her way. Hande's reception and attack didn't look great IMO. She had very high highs and very low lows throughout the whole match, but at least her defense showed up. Reception is still a huge ? mark for the rest of the season and probably the deciding factor on if they win any trophies this year,

• They are playing good, yes but so did Vornkova, Beyza, Yasemin, Elif, Hande in the beggining of last season. Voronkova/Hande had incredible numbers in some regular season games. Thise are only some matches and some balls they get, without Tijana scoring like CRAZY OOS this game they would lose, that’s what I’m talking about, their “good game” is not enough if Tijana is not having her A+ game (which she can’t in every match whole season). Fener won supercup last season without Vargas, Vakif won some games where Egonu didn’t show up, Ecza can’t do anything if Boskovic isn’t killing above 55% most of which are OOS. Arina and Gabi can show up and carry and kill OOS as well, nobody else in Ecza can have above solid game that’s my problem. But mostly Ferhat tbh.

That's so not true. Last season both hande and voronkova had very good games against good teams but Boskovic choked when actually mattered and that was the problem of Eczacıbaşı last season (and seasons before). No one cares if she plays good in the beginning of season. Eczacıbaşı needs her to show up when it really matters like CL or Turkish league finals. She plays well at critical games with her NT but not with her club. I don't know if it is about motivation or something else 🤷

• I really hope that Tijana leaves if Ferhat doesn’t this is torture

I hope so too. Maybe then finally people will stop pretending like she is a slave chained to play in a terrible club like Eczacıbaşı. Eczacıbaşı should try to get one of other top opposites with better winning mentality. I'm sure they would be happier if they would have Egonu who played not great throughout season but showed up big time when it really mattered :obey:

• Amazing match between Fener and Ecza. Boskovic was the god of OOS today. Amazing performance. From the other side Stysiak was just INCREADIBLE. 37 points with only 3 mistakes is just PHENOMENAL. I do not remember to ever seen such a numbers. I think that she could be elite if she had better choices. She is in a big form and it makes me sorry the fact that after a while she will be benched and probably will lose her good shape;(;(;(.( in this part I can say that if Vargas was not local she had to fight really hard for the starting position from such a Stysiak and there would be serious chances of losing). Gray scored enough to help Boskovic but she can do more than that. I know it. Hande was not bad but she is not in a good shape. I do not know that is happening to her.

An other big surprise for me today was Meliha. I do not remember how long had to score so many points. I noticed in the last matches that she is looking better than before in the attack. I hope that her reception and defence ca go back to her old level and if she continue like this she will have chances for Paris ( by the way WTF is happening with her and Bosetti ???? I hope that it is just the fact that they did not played in summer). From the other side Arina was bad again... Not only she did not become better in anything in the summer and her reception is still bad but she seems worst. This is not so normal but she is in the start of the season so we gone see that will happened next. Drca was really good today. I like her so much. Naz was also good if you think the reception. Asli is a big power. Good and stable as always.

Even if Melissa wasn't count as local, she wouldn't loose her starting spot to stysiak. With all respect to Stysiak, Vargas is far better than her. She was the best opposite in the world whole summer. Not Stysiak, even Boskovic or Egonu can't bench her right now

• Wow Yasemin Ozel did great for PTT replacing Sara Caric. 13 points 92% success. :huh: Great match for Savic as well 11 points and 73% success.

• Wow Yasemin Ozel did great for PTT replacing Sara Caric. 13 points 92% success. :huh: Great match for Savic as well 11 points and 73% success.

I guess Yasemin will be their go to player since Caric is very injury prone. Ptt’s OH are short and they started the season bad. If they cant help Yasemin/Caric PTT might be in trouble.

• That's so not true. Last season both hande and voronkova had very good games against good teams but Boskovic choked when actually mattered and that was the problem of Eczacıbaşı last season (and seasons before). No one cares if she plays good in the beginning of season. Eczacıbaşı needs her to show up when it really matters like CL or Turkish league finals. She plays well at critical games with her NT but not with her club. I don't know if it is about motivation or something else 🤷

They were getting aced left and right, Hande averaged like 3-4 aces against strong teams and Voronkova got aced even 8 times in 1 game.

Boskovic had 2 bad games- 3rd against Fener and CL finals, both last games of season.

Vargas and Egonu had some decent/not great games in quater or semi finals, and yet their teams managed to win even when Ana C, Arina, Bajema or Gabi were MVP of some games, while if Tijana has even average/good game then Ecza can’t win so they wouldn’t even reach finals in the first place without her (They lost to Novara in 5 sets where Hande got aced 5 times and was eventually benched)

It’s just that Ecza loses when Boskovic isn’t in God mode while other teams don’t necessarely lose when their OPs do the same and that’s why Boskovic played all season in God mode just to fail 1 game in finals while having no luxury to slow down any other game cause she doesn’t have Gabi, Arina or Ana C to be go to hitters.

Again, Egonu and Vargas had not so great games but they had luxury to do so cause their team carried, if Boskovic had 1 bad game in quater or semi then Ecza wouldn’t even reach finals unlike Vakif and Fener if their OPs have one weaker game like they did.

Lastly, Hande and Voronkova were benched during CWC and Hande in TL finals, both performed poorly apart from few games during regular season (against Vakif twice and Fener once).. Other then that Voronkova was aced left and right 8 times in a game and Hande went 1/11 in attack before being benched in games that actually matter, so take off your bias lenses.

If Boskovic didn’t enter God mode and hit everything OOS, or she failed few OOS balls this match (which wouldn’t matter cause she would still have had monstrous good game afterall even with few less hits) then Ecza would lose to Fener’s worst game in a while where Arina had -4WL…
    No one in Ecza can score even in system and they shouldn’t expect Boskovic to be saviour for every game and then for everyone to be disapointed when there is 1 game she actually can’t carry and for it to be her fault especially considering how hard it is to be only reliant scorer of the team and opponents block camping on you.

• I hope so too. Maybe then finally people will stop pretending like she is a slave chained to play in a terrible club like Eczacıbaşı. Eczacıbaşı should try to get one of other top opposites with better winning mentality. I'm sure they would be happier if they would have Egonu who played not great throughout season but showed up big time when it really mattered :obey:

If they had Egonu and she didn’t play great throughtout the season then they wouldn’t go past Developres in quarter finals or Novara in semi finals, more improtantly they wouldn’t have same path to finals cause they wouldn’t be best ranked amongst first teams but be worst then Vakif was (2nd in the group).. and they wouldn’t be first in regular season of TL so they wouldn’t reach finals through THY but lose against FB in semis (same as Vakif did anyways).. So yeah, worse result overall. But I don’t expect you to get it anyways.

• I hope so too. Maybe then finally people will stop pretending like she is a slave chained to play in a terrible club like Eczacıbaşı. Eczacıbaşı should try to get one of other top opposites with better winning mentality. I'm sure they would be happier if they would have Egonu who played not great throughout season but showed up big time when it really mattered :obey:

are you serious lol? If they had Egonu tbey never would have made either finals. Egonu woulda had a bad game in the quarters or something and you really think Hande and Irina could have carried them? Lmao