Turkey - Vodafone Sultanlar Ligi 2023-2024

• Previously i had said eda is seldom a factor in blocking. Today she was amazing. I hope she keeps giving us such performances. I love when an mb does her primary task at near perfection.

• aleksic or kurtagic would be amazing but the ecza management had long used up their vision when they signed boskovic.

I called for Aleksic a few months ago and now girl is best blocker in Italian league, she would fit so well in Ecza imo.

Kurtagic has much higher ceiling and she is HUGE potential but idk if she is better then Aleksic now.. however it could be nice investment for Ecza to get long term player, she is gonna be big no doubt about that. Furthermore, they are always gonna have place for foreign MB with their current squad structure- Elif, Hande, Jack are gonna be starters for next few seasons and even if Simge retires they are not getting foreign libero anyways.

Kurtagic or Julia K would be amazing options for Ecza to solve their MB problem for next 5+ years if not decade.
    They should absolutely get Bengisu to the team asap.

• I called for Aleksic a few months ago and now girl is best blocker in Italian league, she would fit so well in Ecza imo.

Kurtagic has much higher ceiling and she is HUGE potential but idk if she is better then Aleksic now.. however it could be nice investment for Ecza to get long term player, she is gonna be big no doubt about that. Furthermore, they are always gonna have place for foreign MB with their current squad structure- Elif, Hande, Jack are gonna be starters for next few seasons and even if Simge retires they are not getting foreign libero anyways.

Kurtagic or Julia K would be amazing options for Ecza to solve their MB problem for next 5+ years if not decade.
    They should absolutely get Bengisu to the team asap.

Bengisu probably will be playing for Eczacıbaşı next season. I would like to see her playing 1 more season with Beşiktaş but its what it’s.

I was also thinking about Julia K. She would be a good addition

• Bengisu probably will be playing for Eczacıbaşı next season. I would like to see her playing 1 more season with Beşiktaş but its what it’s.

I was also thinking about Julia K. She would be a good addition

She had great season, I’m only not sure about how much she can improve further since she doesn’t seem all that athletic and I’m afraid of another Beyza case. She might turn out to be absolutely great player though.

• She had great season, I’m only not sure about how much she can improve further since she doesn’t seem all that athletic and I’m afraid of another Beyza case. She might turn out to be absolutely great player though.

I think she will be another Yasemin, good blocker average attacker at best. She is hard working and really smart tho. I hope she will prove me wrong

• I think that Beyza did a good season and helped ECZ a lot. Actually she had way better moments that Sinead who is really far from her shape in Uralocka

• Kurtagic is already an amazing blocker but she will never have same level of attacking like Aleksic, her technique is simply not suitable to carry a load in attack.

Aleksic isn’t amazing attacker by any means, she is solid though. Kurtagic has way higher reach both in block and attack, she has real potential to be better.
    I’ve always liked Aleksic but she only reached really amazing level this season and she is 7 years older then Hena who is already amazing blocker at 19 years of age.

Not every MB needs to carry load in attack, it is rare for players to be both good attacker and blockers (Chiaka, Rasic for example). She has years to improve but I agree she isn’t best attacker right now, especially when set is sloppy

• The best oh award was solely for finals not league best. That's why it is fair to give the award to Ana, Arina had a few sets she shone but overall ana was the better one considering only the final series, which the award stands for.

Congratulations to Fenerbahçe, overall great season for them except failing to reach cl finals. Also kudos to Eczacıbaşı for bringing the series to 5. Unfortunately another season of being always the bridesmaids never the bride moment for them🥺

• For the end of the season i will share my Dream Team of the whole season.

Drca/Elif

Boskovic/VanRyk

Fedorovsteva/Gabi/SWP/Ilkin

Ogbogu/Eda/Asli/Jack

Kinik/Ayca

Honorable mentions: Hande, Busra, Markova, probably forgot a bunch of names here, but this are first that came to my mind, yeah Vargas also obviously even with far from crazy performances, she is definitely a huge contributer to the champion.

• I’d add Simge. She had much better season imo