Germany NT 2023

• According to Heynen, Emonts is missing week 1 due to injury, no mention of other absences. And he requests a foreign player limit for German league, he wants a rule that requires always 3 German players on court :roll::aww::gone:

https://www.volleyball-verband…chaft-startet-in-die-vnl/

He is the German national coach, of course he demands it. You would probably do the same as national coach. As a coach of a Bundesliga volleyball club, he would probably say something different

• So Leana Grozer really is going to make her NT debut in week 3 of VNL :what: And nice to see Weske stays with the team after her stellar performance against Brazil, I hope she'll get more chances.

OTOH I'm very worried about Cekulaev. She looked miserable on court against Brazil, and in the Korea match I noticed all the time that she was standing completely isolated among the substitutes, she was in the background doing some exercises most of the time and barely participating in celebrating. I wouldn't be surprised if she's done with NT, I can imagine she's the kind of person who can't get along with Heynen especially after surprisingly being cut last year before WCH. In terms of performance she certainly is 4th MB right now, but she's also the youngest and it would be a shame to lose her :white:

• So Leana Grozer really is going to make her NT debut in week 3 of VNL

Sorry, but I don't understand. How can you please nominate a player who has only played in the third division so far for the national team? We don't have that many German volleyball players, but something like that isn't necessary. So for me this is a very questionable decision.

OTOH I'm very worried about Cekulaev. She looked miserable on court against Brazil, and in the Korea match I noticed all the time that she was standing completely isolated among the substitutes, she was in the background doing some exercises most of the time and barely participating in celebrating. I wouldn't be surprised if she's done with NT, I can imagine she's the kind of person who can't get along with Heynen especially after surprisingly being cut last year before WCH. In terms of performance she certainly is 4th MB right now, but she's also the youngest and it would be a shame to lose her :white:

It's actually a bit worrying I'd say and it would be a big blow if she weren't available for the national team. But I don't know if you can only blame Heynen for it. Because it seems that she has a certain demotivation. Which can have several reasons, which I don't want to speculate about now. But I would say that maybe you shouldn't nominate her for the European Championship, just out of a certain self-protection, so you don't lose another young player.

• Although Heynen was critizied so much, it seems like the woman national team plays with much more competitive results than before. Koslowski was definitely overhyped in this forum.

It is a hard situation for womans national team after Lippmann has changed to beach volleyball!

But the team impresses on Nations league this year. I like :-)

• Although Heynen was critizied so much, it seems like the woman national team plays with much more competitive results than before. Koslowski was definitely overhyped in this forum.

It is a hard situation for womans national team after Lippmann has changed to beach volleyball!

I liked a lot germany in wch despite the final result...i see a change and heynrn influence

Many complained about him but I see he was starting something

I don't agree that Koslowski was "overhyped", but I can't deny that right now things look pretty good on court. Yesterday I read an article which quotes Stigrot saying that the players now know exactly what Heynen wants from them and that the communication between players and staff is very good. Still there is the problem of retired players and also players who aren't there because of Heynen (Linda Bock), so my euphoria still is limited.

• I don't agree that Koslowski was "overhyped", but I can't deny that right now things look pretty good on court. Yesterday I read an article which quotes Stigrot saying that the players now know exactly what Heynen wants from them and that the communication between players and staff is very good. Still there is the problem of retired players and also players who aren't there because of Heynen (Linda Bock), so my euphoria still is limited.

WHat happened between Bock and Heynen

• I don't agree that Koslowski was "overhyped", but I can't deny that right now things look pretty good on court. Yesterday I read an article which quotes Stigrot saying that the players now know exactly what Heynen wants from them and that the communication between players and staff is very good. Still there is the problem of retired players and also players who aren't there because of Heynen (Linda Bock), so my euphoria still is limited.

In addition, from my point of view, one must also say that this performance in the VNL must first be confirmed. Of course, the VNL is important, especially in relation to the Olympics. Nevertheless, she is not really interested in Germany much. It will not be broadcast, so media coverage is relatively small and limited. The much more important tournament this summer will certainly be the European Championship, where Germany is playing in the group stage in Düsseldorf. When a big tournament takes place in the own country, it is usually reported in more detail. At this tournament, the German team must then try to take the fans with them and maybe create a small volleyball boom.

• Heynen in interview with polish press said that none of the players want to play as opposite so to not make anyone unhappy, he is shifting all the time. So it will be like this until they find some good opposite.

It's not a bad solution IMO, it's harder for the opponents to prepare against Germany because they never know who'll play as OPP in which match.

Unfortunately Weske couldn't repeat her performance from the Brazil match in week 3, but still she seems the best prospect right now.

Germany sends a team to Universiade, but so far there is zero info about which players are going to be there :what: I could imagine as options:

S: Straube, Kohn, Barthel

OPP: Maase, Hänle, Berger (if healthy)

OH: Keller, Dornheim, Jatzko

MB: Van Clewe, Ambrosius (if healthy), Linke, maybe Cekulaev if she's out of A-team :/

L: Lohmann

Actually it doesn't seem quite easy to find enough appropriate players :white:

• Is there an age limit? it'd be nice if they could send some of their NCAA players.

Pia Timmer, Paula Gurshing, Isabel Martin are all good players. (all outside hitters)

• Is there an age limit? it'd be nice if they could send some of their NCAA players.

Pia Timmer, Paula Gurshing, Isabel Martin are all good players. (all outside hitters)

There is an age limit, I think 28 or something like that :/ Not sure what the limit is the other way round but my guess is that Grozer would be too young for Universiade.

I wonder how aware NT coaches (I think Nicki Neubauer was supposed to be responsible for Universiade team) are of NCAA players, especially those who never played for junior NT before going to USA.

• There is an age limit, I think 28 or something like that :/ Not sure what the limit is the other way round but my guess is that Grozer would be too young for Universiade.

I wonder how aware NT coaches (I think Nicki Neubauer was supposed to be responsible for Universiade team) are of NCAA players, especially those who never played for junior NT before going to USA.

I always forget if this is Japan specific for their own requirement or part of FISU:

1) Be a current university student or an athlete who graduated from university after January 1, 2020
    ②Players born between January 1, 1996 and December 31, 2005

*With the postponement of the tournament, it has been changed so that players who meet the conditions in 2021 can also participate in the 2023 tournament.

• There is an age limit, I think 28 or something like that :/ Not sure what the limit is the other way round but my guess is that Grozer would be too young for Universiade.

Oh, those players should all fit.

It'd be a shame if they didnt... Timmer at least. I can probably forgive the other two, because they play for smaller schools and it doesnt look like they were ever on a German U-team.

• Google gave me previews of some paywalled articles of league clubs that indicate that Luisa Keller, Helena Dornheim, Wiebke Silge, Lydia Stemmler and maybe Klara Single (the preview of that article isn't really helpful) are supposed to play Universiade.

• Leana Grozer is with U17 NT right now to play the upcoming ECH, so the question is who will be the 14th player for the finals. Will Cekulaev come back or will somebody else (Maase? Emonts?) join? :/

As usual, DVV doesn't give any info :gone: