Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• That makes little sense to me. If Imoco is not the strongest team in Italian league, why did they win the last 6 championships then. That also brings the other non-sense argument of the Italian league being way superior to Turkish league. If that is so, then why the heck SIX-TIME IN A ROW Italian league champion Imoco won only one CEV CL? I don’t know what logic do you guys apply but because some player said so, it doesn’t make it so.

PLAYERS THEMSELVES said that the Italian league is more competitive. You think you know better than them?

You only look at the winner and decide they're lying?

The lower teams can beat the top teams in Italy.

Meanwhile in Turkiye, the top 3 or 4 teams are untouchable all throughout.

• PLAYERS THEMSELVES said that the Italian league is more competitive. You think you know better than them?

Well Mr. D. Moscow did you look at to this year’s standing tables and realized top team in Italian league has lost so many games to lower level teams and made your conclusion based on that or you just wanted to say something.

• In the italian media multiple people think their Golden era is over. Gabi is undersize and never played such a demanding league, which means she has to push even more on her athletical skills. Zhu is the shadow of herself, 6 or 7 points in a gold medal match... That's not the dominant player who led China in Rio de Janeiro...

Who ever that Italian media you are referring to sounds like doesn't know much about Gabi or Turkish volleyball 🤦

As Aro nicely explained Turkish league is as good as Italian league if not better. One can tell based on last 10 years European Cup results. About mid low level comparison, it is hard to prove which one is stronger without seeing them playing against each other. But indirectly one can tell it is comparable because mid level teams challenged top Turkish teams during league round by winning some games or going to tiebreaker. By the way, this season Turkish mid/low teams looks way better than Italian ones despite of foreigner rule. Only one team from turkey will be bad( Sarıyer) the rest made competitive teams. On the other hand, a lot of Italian teams have bunch of mediocre players

About Gabi, she is literally the best outside hitter in the world and only one who can actually replace or even upgrade robinson. So I don't see how someone can think Conegliano will be weaker with her. Gabi played with a bad opp next to her, meaning she had to carry the team scorewise and hit most of oos balls. She will play next to one of best liberos and setters, better than Cansu and Ayça. So her performance would get only better. She will have a good backup like Lanier instead of Busa. She proved many times with monster performances that she being undersized doesn't prevent her to be best OH.

All in all, Every year people tend to undermine Conegliano but it is more of a wishful thinking than realistic analysis. Considering both Milano and scandicci still didn't improve drastically next season, Conegliano again will be the biggest favourite to win all in italy

• PLAYERS THEMSELVES said that the Italian league is more competitive. You think you know better than them?

Didn’t you learn yet that forum commentators know everything better then any league player? ☺️

• Didn’t you learn yet that forum commentators know everything better then any league player? ☺️

We can continue to talk about the issue, but in the last 5/6 years, the minor European cups have always gone towards Italy: only Ecza in the CEV and Yeşilyurt in the Challenge have interrupted the domination of the Italian clubs...

I think this is a good indicator of what the average level of Italian clubs is compared to other championships: perhaps things will change, but for now it is like this......

But I'm sure that someone will have something to say even in the face of this evidence...

• Funny to see how every player who played in Turkey and have come back to Seria A is saying SAME thing all over again. But still Turkish fans are trying to convince us other wise :gone::gone:

Seria A has way better middle level teams than Turkey. Thank you bye.

• Why would big teams losing only 1-2 matches in the regular season make the league very competitive? After all, the top 4 teams are almost always at the top in İtaly just like Turkey.

The mid-level teams of the Italian League are stronger due to the foreign rule, but the league is not that competitive, as long imoco continue to dominate.

• I don't think just one foreigner make that big difference in Italy compared to Turkey in mid level teams

I think is more local players and coaches

• Didn’t you learn yet that forum commentators know everything better then any league player? ☺️

We can continue to talk about the issue, but in the last 5/6 years, the minor European cups have always gone towards Italy: only Ecza in the CEV and Yeşilyurt in the Challenge have interrupted the domination of the Italian clubs...

I think this is a good indicator of what the average level of Italian clubs is compared to other championships: perhaps things will change, but for now it is like this......

But I'm sure that someone will have something to say even in the face of this evidence...

There are two different arguments here, you’re arguing Italian teams had been more successful winning minor trophies then Turkish teams. That is a valid argument and you may have some point there, as I stated on my previous post that it would have been nice if we had more data points but you may have a case there.

However, WPZ was arguing based on a false promise of top-level Italian teams were not able to win many games against lower-level teams in their league as many as top-level Turkish teams in their respective division. And that was based on feelings of some players who played on both leagues, even though current standings showed otherwise. The standing showed that top-level Italian teams were more dominant such as Imoco who has not lost a game in their regular season. So, the question for me was very simple should I take some players word for all I know who could be an unstable person, or a biased person, or even racist person, or on the other hand believe what the statistic shows. Well, darn it man you can call me crazy but I choose to believe in good all statistics. You are free to believe in someone else’s word instead, that is your decision. For me I really don’t give a sh**t what other commentators thinks!!!

• There are two different arguments here, you’re arguing Italian teams had been more successful winning minor trophies then Turkish teams. That is a valid argument and you may have some point there, as I stated on my previous post that it would have been nice if we had more data points but you may have a case there.

However, WPZ was arguing based on a false promise of top-level Italian teams were not able to win many games against lower-level teams in their league as many as top-level Turkish teams in their respective division. And that was based on feelings of some players who played on both leagues, even though current standings showed otherwise. The standing showed that top-level Italian teams were more dominant such as Imoco who has not lost a game in their regular season. So, the question for me was very simple should I take some players word for all I know who could be an unstable person, or a biased person, or even racist person, or on the other hand believe what the statistic shows. Well, darn it man you can call me crazy but I choose to believe in good all statistics. You are free to believe in someone else’s word instead, that is your decision. For me I really don’t give a sh**t what other commentators thinks!!!

Ok... I listen to your opinions and I am willing to change mine but, please, let's stop considering those who express opinions on Turkey as biased or, worse, racist: we are talking about volleyball... Also because, in the end, it becomes This the reasoning that is full of biases...

• There are two different arguments here, you’re arguing Italian teams had been more successful winning minor trophies then Turkish teams. That is a valid argument and you may have some point there, as I stated on my previous post that it would have been nice if we had more data points but you may have a case there.

:lol::lol::lol:

No. I was basing on somebody’s comment here regarding to Patry, that „sometimes it’s good to go to a lower league to build up own shape”. I just was teasing :lol:

I see fire is burning :wavy:

I said for years turkish league was better, now, just because I changed my mind after watching a weak Sultanlar Ligi and a strong Serie A1 season, I'm supposed to be unstable, biased or racist. :aww:

• I said for years turkish league was better, now, just because I changed my mind after watching a weak Sultanlar Ligi and a strong Serie A1 season, I'm supposed to be unstable, biased or racist. :aww:

any time someone says the Turkish league or NT isn’t the best they get called racist lol. It’s like clockwork

• any time someone says the Turkish league or NT isn’t the best they get called racist lol. It’s like clockwork

Anytime someone says Boskovic or Maja isn't the best, they get called haters or jealous. It's like clockwork

• Lol every time an Italian club wins CL, Italian league is simply way better, when Turkish league wins them 3 years back to back they're both equal level :rolll::rolll::rolll: I will let y'all live your fantasy, I do think Italian league seemed stronger this season too. However, I don't think a league with such unaesthetic court colors and sponsors covering every inch of my screen will be the best league for me personally, I simply can't watch long term :lol: and that is my personal criteria.

• Lol every time an Italian club wins CL, Italian league is simply way better, when Turkish league wins them 3 years back to back they're both equal level :rolll::rolll::rolll: I will let y'all live your fantasy, I do think Italian league seemed stronger this season too. However, I don't think a league with such unaesthetic court colors and sponsors covering every inch of my screen will be the best league for me personally, I simply can't watch long term :lol: and that is my personal criteria.

I don't get what a strong web of sponsors has to do with the level of the league. You have municipality or multisport teams, Italy has independent clubs sponsored by multiple brands.