Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• Lol every time an Italian club wins CL, Italian league is simply way better, when Turkish league wins them 3 years back to back they're both equal level :rolll::rolll::rolll: I will let y'all live your fantasy, I do think Italian league seemed stronger this season too. However, I don't think a league with such unaesthetic court colors and sponsors covering every inch of my screen will be the best league for me personally, I simply can't watch long term :lol: and that is my personal criteria.

• Lol every time an Italian club wins CL, Italian league is simply way better, when Turkish league wins them 3 years back to back they're both equal level :rolll::rolll::rolll: I will let y'all live your fantasy, I do think Italian league seemed stronger this season too. However, I don't think a league with such unaesthetic court colors and sponsors covering every inch of my screen will be the best league for me personally, I simply can't watch long term :lol: and that is my personal criteria.

I don't get what a strong web of sponsors has to do with the level of the league. You have municipality or multisport teams, Italy has independent clubs sponsored by multiple brands.

• I said for years turkish league was better, now, just because I changed my mind after watching a weak Sultanlar Ligi and a strong Serie A1 season, I'm supposed to be unstable, biased or racist. :aww:

Funny, I actually agree with your assessment that this year’s Sultanlar league wasn’t as strong as last year, probably because VB wasn’t very strong this year, and I am a big VB fan. However, I am very intrigued with you other part of the post. I stated previously that why “I would take some players word for all I know who could be an unstable person, or a biased person, or even racist person”. Are you a player who played in both leagues? which I doubted that very much, but also why would you choose any one that I wrote, or all instead you could have easily said “or could be a player who genuinely believes”. Very interesting response, I should read some book on sub-conscious mind. But regardless cheers!!!

• the best players in the world already said Italian league is more competitive yet people still think they can argue with it. 🤣

One of the best players in the world gamova said Goncharova and Moscow were at wrong in Ebrar conflict yet you still thought that you can argue with it 🤣

You see? players are not deities that always know the best and tells the best. Look at Tandara, although she was a great volleyball player, her shitty opinions are worthless

• One of the best players in the world gamova said Goncharova and Moscow were at wrong in Ebrar conflict yet you still thought that you can argue with it 🤣

You see? players are not deities that always know the best and tells the best. Look at Tandara, although she was a great volleyball player, her shitty opinions are worthless

This is why comprehension is important. Go back to Gamova's statement. She only talked about Godina's ridiculous statement about the lgbtq, she did not comment about Karakurt and Goncharova. probably because she would have given Karakurt the finger a lot more of she played. Hahahaha

Logic is also important. Even a casual observer can say that the Italian league is more competitive.

I agree, everyone doesn't always have the best opinion.

But you can't say that Haak, Wolosz, Maja and countless other players' opinion about the Italian and Turkish league are wrong.

They know the game more than the fans. They play it.

And that is the simple truth. Only the top 4 teams in Turkiye can challenge each other. The rest are just... fillers.

• You would be surprised Imoco was considered the 3rd Force of the league on paper, behind Vero Volley and Scandicci. :lol:

And there's no way you can compare the current italian league and turkish league. Every single player who came back to Italy this season said the level is way higher and the league more demanding technically, phisically and mentally.

Thanks for the answer! My surprise comes when I read Italian league level is considered way higher than Turkish one by media, critics etc, this is the main point. Sure, we could have different opinions here, preferences (subjective), players too (first hand info), statistics (facts) etc in order to choose one as the "most competitive" or "best" one (which actually I consider it is a sterile debate). Nevertheless, I honestly dont see that big gap. Sure, this season TL was arguably weaker than previous editions, but for example, even when Turkish clubs were dominating main CEV competitions and Italian were just behind, I wouldnt have said there was big gap, but a slight margin (because the level of the league cant be merely counted by how many times the champion wins CL, but also the competitiveness of the rest of the teams).

Sure, I have also read and heard some players consider Italian league more competitive (i want to highlight it, more competitive, not way more competitive or astronomically more competitive) because of the level between the mid teams. And as someone mentioned, the level of local players and coaches, especially this factor, plays a key role in this aspect. Many players prefer to start a career, re boost it, etc in mid level italian leagues because of the experience and professionalism of coaches. There is a reason why top teams in Europe (NT and clubs) are mostly coached by Italians (a fact, not an opinion).

Nevertheless, as I pointed out, even if TL was weaker this edition (which is a fact), I honestly dont think the gap could be comparable to the one between Italian league and French, Polish, Romanian, German, etc. That's an exaggeration. Higher, better level, yes. But way way higher...nope.

• Thanks for the answer! My surprise comes when I read Italian league level is considered way higher than Turkish one by media, critics etc, this is the main point. Sure, we could have different opinions here, preferences (subjective), players too (first hand info), statistics (facts) etc in order to choose one as the "most competitive" or "best" one (which actually I consider it is a sterile debate). Nevertheless, I honestly dont see that big gap. Sure, this season TL was arguably weaker than previous editions, but for example, even when Turkish clubs were dominating main CEV competitions and Italian were just behind, I wouldnt have said there was big gap, but a slight margin (because the level of the league cant be merely counted by how many times the champion wins CL, but also the competitiveness of the rest of the teams).

Sure, I have also read and heard some players consider Italian league more competitive (i want to highlight it, more competitive, not way more competitive or astronomically more competitive) because of the level between the mid teams. And as someone mentioned, the level of local players and coaches, especially this factor, plays a key role in this aspect. Many players prefer to start a career, re boost it, etc in mid level italian leagues because of the experience and professionalism of coaches. There is a reason why top teams in Europe (NT and clubs) are mostly coached by Italians (a fact, not an opinion).

Nevertheless, as I pointed out, even if TL was weaker this edition (which is a fact), I honestly dont think the gap could be comparable to the one between Italian league and French, Polish, Romanian, German, etc. That's an exaggeration. Higher, better level, yes. But way way higher...nope.

And this is basically the most objective comment that any can have on this matter :read: (a fact, not an opinion).

• Hahahah you could still write this after misunderstanding previously many posts😂😂😂

There are a lot of people who say otherwise so obviously it is not like "Even a casual observer can say that the Italian league is more competitive." 🤦 Mid level Turkish teams played a lot of competitive games against top 3 teams(there's not a clear top4 in Turkish league, Kuzeyboru was leading as 4th for a long time), they challenged them more Italian teams challenged to Conegliano for example.

• We are arguing over something meaningless, every league will have its own audience. I watch both tournaments, the great thing is that Turkish or Italian teams will not be able to completely dominate in Europe, because of the presence of the other side. Excellent balance makes the CEV attractive

• It's nonsense to say which league is better without any numerical data. It is much more enjoyable to watch the matches between strong teams in the Turkish league, because especially the top 4 can win matches against each other. In Italy, there is a sharp distinction between Conegliano and others.

• We are arguing over something meaningless, every league will have its own audience. I watch both tournaments, the great thing is that Turkish or Italian teams will not be able to completely dominate in Europe, because of the presence of the other side. Excellent balance makes the CEV attractive

I totally agree with you, it is great to have two strong leagues that they compete with each other and makes CEV way more attractive, and makes us debate about them. Otherwise, it would be very boring and no passion.

• Tatiana Kosheleva will however remain in volleyball and in Italy... She will have a managerial role in the Vallefoglia youth project...

Good to hear that she will not go back to Russia.. and will not become like that bootlicker Godina.