CEV Champions League 2024

• Regardless Frantti's performance discussion, Frantti and ball control in one line is just ridiculous by itself.

• MBH literally shared the same amount of court as Gabi for passing

Gabi nowadays is literally covering both Ayca and pushing Bajema/Frantti nearly out of court and taking 50% of the court

• It's ridiculous to compare Frantti to MBH as of this moment, sure MBH had some offensively unreliable moments (as any OH) but she is one of the most stable and successful players in VB history! Club World Championship, Turkish Cup, Supercup, Turkish League and Champions League 5x champ 🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅 in one season.

Let's compare Frantti to MBH when she achieves that... For now she is a worse version of Bajema and Nika but a more experienced player 😬

• Regardless Frantti's performance discussion, Frantti and ball control in one line is just ridiculous by itself.

Why? :/ She was one of the best receivers among the OHs in NCAA. Her stats looked fine to me in Italy, not the best, but fine (about 30% of perfect passing, receving a huge amount of services in her last 2 seasons and almost 40% perfect in her first season, receiving half of the balls compared to the following seasons). I find Frantti underrated. :S

• Why? :/ She was one of the best receivers among the OHs in NCAA. Her stats looked fine to me in Italy, not the best, but fine (about 30% of perfect passing, receving a huge amount of services in her last 2 seasons and almost 40% perfect in her first season, receiving half of the balls compared to the following seasons). I find Frantti underrated. :S

I agree with "not the best" and "fine". Which is not what the best clubs in the world are looking for.

The thing is she doesn't excel at anything, her stats are similar to Tuğba which is way more valuable as a local player for example. Besides her offensive abilities just seem to be too inconsistent, I saw her kill 6/6 in one set and then 1/13 in another set quite often. Leading to ok end stats but overall just a very unreliable performance.

• I agree with "not the best" and "fine". Which is not what the best clubs in the world are looking for.

The thing is she doesn't excel at anything, her stats are similar to Tuğba which is way more valuable as a local player for example. Besides her offensive abilities just seem to be too inconsistent, I saw her kill 6/6 in one set and then 1/13 in another set quite often. Leading to ok end stats but overall just a very unreliable performance.

Well, she's playing every single game under a huge pressure. She's in the same situation as Plummer with Imoco or Sylla with Vero Volley, when they are on court all services are on them. In normal circumstances - receving a normal amount of services, as I said before - she is close to 40% perfect passing.

It's not just because it's Frantti. I could say the same about Sylla's 27% of perfect passing in the last game, out of 48 receptions: that's gold. Frantti received 39 balls our of 81 (almost 50% of the total). That's huge.

• I honestly don't get how all of this arguments affect her connection with ball control epithet. When i said that these two "words" are ridiculuous in the same line i had in mind all of the things and not just reception in which honestly she is doing more than okay this season. OTOS she is one of the most hectic players which i ever saw, her attacking technique looks like pure explosion without any clue where the fucking ball will end. Her free and second ball's skills are also a bit shaky. And with all of this stuff we can have different perspective and disagreement as outcome, but to compare her with MBH and her role in Vakif's era i can't take that as serious opinion. Also Frantti with underrated in the same line is a bit shocking to me.

• It's ridiculous to compare Frantti to MBH as of this moment, sure MBH had some offensively unreliable moments (as any OH) but she is one of the most stable and successful players in VB history! Club World Championship, Turkish Cup, Supercup, Turkish League and Champions League 5x champ 🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅 in one season.

Let's compare Frantti to MBH when she achieves that... For now she is a worse version of Bajema and Nika but a more experienced player 😬

Now this is simply a reach. There is a reason why Bajema faded in the US national team. Frantti is for sure not at the level of MBH when she played for Vakif but MBH did not start not her pro career with good ball control also.

• I miss MBH. She's super stable in receiving, digging, and setting out of system balls. She may not be the explosive attacker in her last season in Vakif but she sure did know how to contribute to the team.

Frantti is not yet there but stats alone, she is okay. She's not shining because she's not the first choice in offense unlike in her former mid level team.

• Let's compare Frantti to MBH when she achieves that... For now she is a worse version of Bajema and Nika but a more experienced player 😬

I agreee with MBH thing, frantti is not on that level yet but she is better option than bajema and nika lol 😆 if they will keep frantti for next season. I'm so sure she'll do even better, looks like she is improving her reception and defense this season.

• I miss MBH. She's super stable in receiving, digging, and setting out of system balls. She may not be the explosive attacker in her last season in Vakif but she sure did know how to contribute to the team.

Frantti is not yet there but stats alone, she is okay. She's not shining because she's not the first choice in offense unlike in her former mid level team.

MBH is definitely missed on Vakif. She might not be the best attacker but they have Gabi & Haak for that. MBH made things easy for Gabi in terms or receiving & covering the floor. I don't think as for now anyone can do what she did when she as there for Vakif. Gabi might be able to do it but they need someone who can share the burden of attacking with the opps and since no one has stepped up, she has to do it. I think her attacking stats is worse this season because like some user mentioned before she is doing double duty all over again.

• MBH is definitely missed on Vakif. She might not be the best attacker but they have Gabi & Haak for that. MBH made things easy for Gabi in terms or receiving & covering the floor. I don't think as for now anyone can do what she did when she as there for Vakif. Gabi might be able to do it but they need someone who can share the burden of attacking with the opps and since no one has stepped up, she has to do it. I think her attacking stats is worse this season because like some user mentioned before she is doing double duty all over again.

Double duties? What do you think of ayca and frantti doing? Gabi this season isn't great and even inconsistent. We've seen that alot. Lol

• Didn’t know stat shows how much court or m2 each player covers:whistle:

How's her coverage something to do with her terrible and inconsistent performance? 😅. Her covering 40% of that court doesn't change the fact that she is terrible this season. ayca and specially frantti are getting alot of reception even more than half of gabi's. Even her attacks sucks. Lol

• How's her coverage something to do with her terrible and inconsistent performance? 😅. Her covering 40% of that court doesn't change the fact that she is terrible this season. ayca and specially frantti are getting alot of reception even more than half of gabi's. Even her attacks sucks. Lol

I was only comparing on how much court MBH and Frantti cover on passing, not on anyone's performance - don't come at me :wavy: