Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• Okayama needs a wake up call unfortunately for that Aranmare team they may not even win a single game this whole season to fully kick out Okayama to the bottom and demote them to V2

Their coach's strategy is to grow their roster, see what works, get more new players, throw them into random lineups get whoever's willing to play to be subs and if they lose well lol there's another season to get more players and not develop them because who cares about nurturing when everyone is "disposable" kawamoto's disposable army

• Standings After 8 Matches, All Teams Have Played 8

Position Movement Chart After Today's Matches

With Toray Hitacchi, Okayama and PFU (7 to 10) only playing 8 matches, there could be some movement tomorrow.

NEC will have a chance to overtake Saitama at the end of the month with a win in their 10th match.

• It's almost impossible for Saga to catch up to JT at their current level. I mean Drews is VOM in almost every match lmao how many rice sacks and beef has she received she could open up her own shop already. Nagaoka may not achieve her final form as long as Sakae is setter it's too off beat. I hope Momii is ready to transfer to Saga next season. Mandai and Yoshitake are the subs nobody asked for. NEC may just overtake Saga by EC which is something I'm dreading.

• If anyone from JT should transfer it should be Wada. She got lucky Lowe was in pretty bad shape but with Drews and whoever the next foreign OPP will be and then Hayashi she doesn't stand a chance to headline in that team she will always be in Hayashi's shadow. Also that's too greedy for JT. BUT if Momii does intend to transfer that's why she's skipping this entire season I suppose Saga is the place to be. Her and Valdes LOL

• It's almost impossible for Saga to catch up to JT at their current level. I mean Drews is VOM in almost every match lmao how many rice sacks and beef has she received she could open up her own shop already. Nagaoka may not achieve her final form as long as Sakae is setter it's too off beat. I hope Momii is ready to transfer to Saga next season. Mandai and Yoshitake are the subs nobody asked for. NEC may just overtake Saga by EC which is something I'm dreading.

Don't you mean Matsui?

They yanked Sakae and Otake from Denso but dumped Mizuho Ishida and Fumika Moriya there too. I thought the same thing might happen to Yuka Imamura but she retired

• I thought the same thing might happen to Yuka Imamura but she retired

Speaking of Yuka Imamura, she's in Italy and I was able to watch online some of her games in the 2nd Div of Italian League and their team is not good at all :aww: She's not doing good in the ones I've watched also. I can't finish the games, just watched a set whenever I see it live on VBTV :lol:

• 2023.12.02 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

Denso 3–0 PFU

25-17

25-19

25-22

75–58

Toyota 3–1 Prestige

25-18

25-22

26-28

25-20

101–88

Hitachi 2–3 JT

21-25

25-21

22-25

26-24

9-15

103–110

Toray 1–3 SAGA

15-25

21-25

27-25

17-25

80–100

NEC 3–1 Saitama

23-25

25-20

25-18

25-18

98–81

Kurobe 2–3 Okayama

26-24

14-25

25-23

15-25

18-20

98–117

• Speaking of Yuka Imamura, she's in Italy and I was able to watch online some of her games in the 2nd Div of Italian League and their team is not good at all :aww: She's not doing good in the ones I've watched also. I can't finish the games, just watched a set whenever I see it live on VBTV :lol:

I had no idea she was in Italy. I googled her team in Italy and it's in Serie A2. Do you think she's playing there in order to go back to a different V1 team? or she just wants to play volleyball while being able to travel without the pressure? Imamura from what I know is from a wealthy background like the Asanos. I feel like she can do whatever she wants. Her family is based in Aoyama after all she never transferred even after going through rehab in Kobe.

• after going through rehab in Kobe

What was that for? Alcohol?

• Sora Nagase has improved a lot over the past couple years. And Kawamoto has said that since there is no relegation any more he is going to just mess around try and grow people and not worry about winning or losing

Saiki is tragic. I don't think she has much interest in growing as a volleyball player, but certainly with a different Coach it would have happened to her even if she wasn't interested in it. Reception, back attack, serve. She needs to, and should have, conquered or at least improved 2 of those things. She's got zero game beyond punching hard

• ACL injury

Oh yeah

I don't know why I went vice :rolll:

Thanks

• sitenoise and everyone

can you also include the ranking for top scorers, blocks and kill rate after empress cup. i cant find it on v league's website but i don't even get how to navigate that site in the first place.

last season mayu set some sort of record i can't remember what it was but in the end she didn't receive any awards whatsoever. since the 'BEST X' all heavily rely on that ranking maybe you can also include which girls are likely to advance in the nt aside from the key players that would be considered untouchable

• can you also include the ranking for top scorers, blocks and kill rate after empress cup. i cant find it on v league's website but i don't even get how to navigate that site in the first place.

Do you mean the Best 15 thing?

• sitenoise and everyone

can you also include the ranking for top scorers, blocks and kill rate after empress cup. i cant find it on v league's website but i don't even get how to navigate that site in the first place.

last season mayu set some sort of record i can't remember what it was but in the end she didn't receive any awards whatsoever. since the 'BEST X' all heavily rely on that ranking maybe you can also include which girls are likely to advance in the nt aside from the key players that would be considered untouchable

It's too early for that atm. You might want to wait until the 2nd half next year to see the shift + possible NT squirmers in the A Team but I think since this is the crucial season before Paris there won't be any more experiments with untested players. But it's still Manabe the king of gimmicks so who knows who he'll throw in.