Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• Speaking of Nagaoka, her serve has gotten so much better since VNL a couple months ago. Not as awesome as her jump serve used to be but it's got a different intimidating elegance to it. She does look Paris bound and I'd be disappointed if she wasn't at this point. She might be the first to overcome 2 major acl injuries and have a successful full blown comeback in Japanese history. Way to go

In the last decade for sure.

If Ebata was given proper rehabilitation she too would've been able to do the same but PFU lacks the proper staff for that which is a shame

• Speaking of Nagaoka, her serve has gotten so much better since VNL a couple months ago. Not as awesome as her jump serve used to be but it's got a different intimidating elegance to it. She does look Paris bound and I'd be disappointed if she wasn't at this point. She might be the first to overcome 2 major acl injuries and have a successful full blown comeback in Japanese history. Way to go

gotta have one veteran spot in the nt she can take it

• Can't remember the last time Hitachi was in the semis for Empress Cup. Not even during the 2 Satos time... probably during Ebata's time? but I wanna say that since Ebata was still at her prime back then and she was a massive pain for liberos

They won silver in the 2016 Empress Cup. The 2 Satos were there. Hisae Watanabe was their top scorer but alas Nakada's team won almost all the individual awards.

In this post they said "Hitachi made it to the semi-finals for the first time in 7 years"

• any news of ishikawa staying in italy? i dont see her renewing with firenze but i wanna see her stay in serie a1. i know toray needs her but that's not her problem anymore

I think if it were up to her she probably would want to play for another A1 team but the competition in Italy especially for OHs is extremely tough. It's possible but maybe not with a top team like we're hoping for.

She said in one of her post-game comments on twitter that she likes the feeling of not being "coddled". It gives her more time to reflect on her play rather than how to please fans of the team. But she was never a big fanservice type to begin with like Sakoda.

• With Sakoda, as a NT player, she was kind of in the background, compared to Kimura on Toray, so while popular, no where near as popular.

plus had Erika Araki on the team as well, so she was behind both of them in popularity. So the fan events, especially now with more social media possible requirements, may not have fit her style. Even now, she is doing decent tv work in Kagoshima because she is really relatable.

• I think if it were up to her she probably would want to play for another A1 team but the competition in Italy especially for OHs is extremely tough. It's possible but maybe not with a top team like we're hoping for.

She said in one of her post-game comments on twitter that she likes the feeling of not being "coddled". It gives her more time to reflect on her play rather than how to please fans of the team. But she was never a big fanservice type to begin with like Sakoda.

she should replace Gabi in Vakifbank.

• Misaki Inoue's contract as a trainer at Springs Academy has ended. She returned as a staff member at Ageo (part time)

She married Kawasaki coach Takuya Ito's son just last week. His name was not mentioned

Figures. Her career at Saga was more meh than good and they threw her so quick at Springs Academy:pinch: She shouldn't have left Ageo.

• Love the "High Quality" setting at vtv

• NEC JT Set 1 [25–17] was tight in the first half and then looked easy for NEC after the TTO. Will be interesting to see how JT responds. They are famously good responders

• I want a 3–0 sweep because I'm tired of this blurry broadcast. It like one of the cameras is good and one is bad, especially on movement

• Runa Tanaka sitting in the stands wearing warmups triggers :(

• Oh :) Lucky me

NEC 3–0 JT