Italian Women's NT 2024

• First lisy ginna be released 8th April

this page give some probable callings

I forgot about moro and enweonwu...good if they are called for first trainings

Moro had an amazing season with pinerolo,great libero and terry came back after 2 years and becomd best player of her team

https://www.volleyball.it/2024…elasco-torna-malinov.html

• Here is the first list and the article

https://www.volleynews.it/ecco…gli-allenamenti-a-milano/

Palleggiatrici: Carlotta Cambi, Giulia Gennari.

Opposte: Camilla Mingardi, Sylvia Nwakalor.

Centrali: Yasmina Akrari, Benedetta Sartori, Emma Graziani, Alessia Mazzaro.

Schiacciatrici: Martina Bracchi, Rebecca Piva, Alice Degradi, Gaia Giovannini, Stella Nervini, Loveth Omoruyi.

Liberi: Ilenia Moro, Ilaria Spirito.

Overall I like the list! Velasco said no bench players will be called unless for specific reasons. I would have liked to see also De Bortoli there but I think in general that's a good list.

He also said no one from the CL finalists will be called for the VNL first round. For the others he will go with full squad

• Is not this a little bit dangerous? Italy has not qualify yet in the Olympics.

He said he will give at least 1 week of rest to all players, plus anyway he will have at least the players from Scandicci and Novara to add

• This list seems decent to me at the moment...

However, there are some quite strange choices...

Giulia Gennari played a ridiculous season and Anna Gray's absence is also quite incomprehensible...

• I feel like some main NT players don't like Malinov much, they were giving each other strange glances during some NT matches

So maybe the decision is related to this....

• This list seems decent to me at the moment...

However, there are some quite strange choices...

Giulia Gennari played a ridiculous season and Anna Gray's absence is also quite incomprehensible...

Τhe absence of Nwakalor ( MB) is the most ridiculous desicion in my opinion. Gray first should learn to be a decent attacker ( basically first to learn how to attack generally )and after to take the call.

• Τhe absence of Nwakalor ( MB) is the most ridiculous desicion in my opinion. Gray first should learn to be a decent attacker ( basically first to learn how to attack generally )and after to take the call.

Lol. Linda plays in Scandicci and they are still in the running for the finals. No player from the semis nor the CL finalists have been called up yet. Relax

• How come is Mingardi in the list but not Nicoletti? Also Lia deserved another chance.

It's strange that Velsasco said that he has summoned players who were starters in their clubs but for example Loli is in there and she's barely seen the court with Chieri (tho her past NT exp might've counted)

I would've given a chance to Gardini, Cagnin, Carletti, Enweonwu, and above all Mafrendini (yeah she's the youngest but with way more potential than Grazziani, Akrari, I don't care about her U20 commitments, she should be training with the main adult NT).

• What do you guys think about Malinov's absence? Will she ever be back?

Nope. I think that her absence has to do with her attitude and her mental health. Clearly they do not trust her anymore and they have right. What is going to happen with the team if Malinov has a mental break down ( like this one in Scandicci) during an important competition??? It is dangerous from many views.

• Nope. I think that her absence has to do with her attitude and her mental health. Clearly they do not trust her anymore and they have right. What is going to happen with the team if Malinov has a mental break down ( like this one in Scandicci) during an important competition??? It is dangerous from many views.

That's not going to happen within a few weeks, before that terrible episode in Scandicci her form has been slowly going down the drain until it indeed broke down to an unacceptable level. However this season she proved to be back as a solid option, she's never going to be the world's best setter but she did a decent job in Chieri. I'd rather have her than Gennari or maybe even Bosio of whom I've never been too impressed, OTOH I like Cambi getting another chance :win:

• Lol. Linda plays in Scandicci and they are still in the running for the finals. No player from the semis nor the CL finalists have been called up yet. Relax

Regarding MB, I believe that, after the semi-finals and championship finals, one of the 4 players called up could now go home, because it cannot be absolutely ruled out that in addition to the 4 who will certainly go to the Olympic team, Nwakalor will also be called up...

EDIT:

I wouldn't forget Folie either: even though she said her national chapter is closed, I'm convinced that Velasco could try to change her mind... Maybe her knee won't have the fuel needed for an entire Olympic summer, but it would certainly be an luxury joker for the bench...

• What do you guys think about Malinov's absence? Will she ever be back?

No, she won't, but the real concern is Gennari's presence. She's been absolutely mediocre this season and has her share of responsibility for Bergamo's putrid season, yet she made the team. Apart from her, I can't complain too much about selections.