Italian Women's NT 2024

• That they're a team. If one of them plays badly, then the other takes over and vice versa.

some questions are just sensationalized. He's not biting those click bait questions.

He also said that Egonu, being the "star" and the most media exposed athlete of the national team, will enjoy privileges outside the gym that the others will not have, but that in the gym and on the court everyone will be treated in the same way...

This, depending on how you want to read it, it can mean many things...

https://www.eurosport.it/palla…o_sto20003262/story.shtml

• He also said that Egonu, being the "star" and the most media exposed athlete of the national team, will enjoy privileges outside the gym that the others will not have, but that in the gym and on the court everyone will be treated in the same way...

This, depending on how you want to read it, it can mean many things...

https://www.eurosport.it/palla…o_sto20003262/story.shtml

I think it's pretty straightforward. Egonu has a lot of media attention and side hustles off court. Velasco just said that that should not be taken against her (she shouldn't be restricted).

Similar to the abusive rants against Zhu. That apparently, she's more busy making money with sponsors outside of VB. Some fans can be vicious. she will now join the chinese NT but not make media appearances.

• I think it's pretty straightforward. Egonu has a lot of media attention and side hustles off court. Velasco just said that that should not be taken against her (she shouldn't be restricted).

Similar to the abusive rants against Zhu. That apparently, she's more busy making money with sponsors outside of VB. Some fans can be vicious. she will now join the chinese NT but not make media appearances.

As I said, everyone reads it as they want...

On the other hand, Velasco is a "wise man": he knows what to say, what not to say and how to say it and not say it...

• As I said, everyone reads it as they want...

On the other hand, Velasco is a "wise man": he knows what to say, what not to say and how to say it and not say it...

I've already read tons of criticisms because of this statement, that's why I have very little confidence about seeing something different from the usual one-and-done display. Expectations from fans and federation combined with toxic press is a lethal mix that even a legend like Velasco might have problems to deal with.

• Head coach Velasco announced today that Anna Danesi is the new captain of Italy NT, instead of Miriam Sylla.

https://www.gazzetta.it/olimpi…ana-della-nazionale.shtml

Smart decision to change Sylla. It was something which was absolutely necessery becase it was very strange for the captain to fail so often in the important matches. This was a fact which affected the team with areally bad way. In any case I am not so sure for Danesi. I would prefer Moki instead.

• Danesi as captain??? She did it in Monza and was rather mediocre IMO.

Moki would be a brilliant choice. Otherwise even Orro/Bosetti would be a better choice.

I am sorry, but why is captain of team so important, could the captain really change the success of the team? Does it matter if it is Danesi or De Gennaro or Bosetti?

• I am sorry, but why is captain of team so important, could the captain really change the success of the team? Does it matter if it is Danesi or De Gennaro or Bosetti?

We see with NT as it was divided in two sides...a captain could make them not be friend but good environment

• I am sorry, but why is captain of team so important, could the captain really change the success of the team? Does it matter if it is Danesi or De Gennaro or Bosetti?

I think a good captain can be important for locker room dinamics and Italy is known with their never ending drama in their nt every year (there is always a group of players teaming up against others) that's why having a strong captain is particularly important for a drama club NT like italy

• I think a good captain can be important for locker room dinamics and Italy is known with their never ending drama in their nt every year (there is always a group of players teaming up against others) that's why having a strong captain is particularly important for a drama club NT like italy

Oh, thank you for explanation. I never looked at it that way. But who do you think is national team with best dynamic between players?

• I really don’t know what to say about Italian team, head coach is gone have huge role because many of them failed. They have so many good names but the main name as always is going to be Egonu, I hope She will not flop as in Tokyo….

• Antropova and Nwakalor gonna join to the team on Monday and next week Italy gonna have friendlies with Sweden

I guess if they gonna be included for first week of VNL

• Oh, thank you for explanation. I never looked at it that way. But who do you think is national team with best dynamic between players?

Hmm hard to say since most of the issues are all based on rumours. Turkish nt had issues when gözde and her twin Özge kirdar were playing in NT. However currently all NT members seem to get along very well based on their social media Interactions and interviews

American nt is all about good vibes, they even vote for the Olympic roster selection, once they brought a 3rd setter in a 12-player roster just because everyone liked her vibes😂🤦

Brazil NT: I don't know about new players but previous players were mostly lesbian and were dating with each other and there was always some sort drama there

Poland nt: previously many players were teaming up against Stenzel and Stysiak but it seems like old generation is gone

Serbia nt: don't know about new generation but in their early times nikolic/terzic and spasojevic had a beef. Terzic had problems with stevanovic too. Also citakovic and djerisilo because allegedly, citakovic caught djerisilo sleeping with her husband🤷

Those are all rumours though, so it all could be BS.

You should ask Umu11 he is literally the gossip girl of forum although his expertise is hot male players😂