Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2024/2025)

• I think that in every league foreign libero will counts as local. It is something what Stenzel said in one interview. That starting next season there were plans to do it.

I love that. As of now, it's very hard for foreign liberos to land a spot in a top team. JWO was in the Tokyo dream team and never got to play in one of the tier 1 leagues.

• I think that in every league foreign libero will counts as local. It is something what Stenzel said in one interview. That starting next season there were plans to do it.

I belive that it's only FIVB recommendation to not count libero as foreigners and the leagues are allowed to not apply this rule

Board of Administration strongly encourages that no restrictions should be imposed on foreign liberos, based on the FIVB Technical and Coaching Commission’s recommendation

https://en.volleyballworld.com…ons-approved-by?id=100935

• Was it ever confirmed that the rumors were actually about Natinha? Because GLP just said that it was a Brazilian player that had played for the NT, that could be a lot of players: Leia, Suelen, Nyeme... Even Brait is a possibility, though I don't think she would want to go abroad.

I do hope it's Natinha, though. I'm still praying for a Brait return for Paris, but we can't rely on Brait forever. Natinha playing in Italy would be great for her development.

Btw, is it possible that the Italian league could follow FIVB's recommendation and allow foreign liberos to play as if they were local? Because I find it interesting that Milano seems to be specifically targetting non-Italians for the libero position. That would also explain Brenda's transfer to Scandicci.

I mean Pasini has been more approximative than usual lately (saying Giardino instead of Gelin on that same article, Cambi instead of Candi to Vallefoglia, Seki as starter to Conegliano, articles that are just put through Google translate and barely written in italian and so on) so yeah everything he writes kinda needs a grain of salt and some interpretation. I heard is Natinha (even on the comments on that article someone was correcting him) but I don't know for sure, so far no other website/newspaper has reported anything.

No idea if they're changing the libero rules though

• Block and defence system is working better in Seria A than Sultans League. I don’t think Bergmann will be able to play better in Italy.

• This is the half truth. The whole truth is that just the girl was terrible because she was need to to adapt herself from the college to the pro volleyball and because of the bad start her stats are smugdes. Also we need to think how many efforts have , where do she play , whats her role on the team and others

• A nonsense discussion about Bergman. I was the one, who criticised her performance during the National Teams Tournaments (VNL/WCH/OQ) saying that, THY wasted assets for nothing. She was absolutely a disappointment at attack zone but was not so bad in defence. Same continued with her at the Turkish League Vodafone (the 1st half) but something had changed since then. She has an increasing trend in attacks and contributes the team for winning. On the other hand, she has a decline in her reception stats (which is just one factor in complete defense along with digs).

Overall, I must admit that, Bergman is doing good in the second half and I find funny that, while some users are critcising and insulting other users opinions who refers to statistics, they also refer to almost similar statistics, when their thoughts matters. Those statistics given separately, indicates a rough info in reception/attack/block etc. but more important is; the overall stats through all the season with updated records which officially shared by by TVF, in the page STATISTICS.

That page includes all, service, blocks, attacks, receptions with points, errors, faults etc. As the fact, it indicates a rank in each area and the last column indicates an overall rank, which assess the player's overall performance with their contribution to the team.

In this table, Arina is 1st and Bergman is 5th, İlkin is 8th, Tuğba is 10th, Meliha is 14th and Hande is 28th as wing spikers and even this proves that, Bergman improved a lot. However, considering her physical shape with 1.96 height, it was expected to be more fruitful at attack zone, long before. That is why, her spike index rank value is still not high, which is also low in %spike point as %37 (below %40).

You can just have a look at this table for all players (Liberos, OH's, OPP,MB's and Setters) performances separately. Just check the link below.

https://tvf-web.dataproject.co…istics.aspx?ID=87&PID=175

• thank you for sharing your knowledge with us!

• Does anyone has any info about Diana future? She has been quite good in THY either.

• This is the half truth. The whole truth is that just the girl was terrible because she was need to to adapt herself from the college to the pro volleyball and because of the bad start her stats are smugdes. Also we need to think how many efforts have , where do she play , whats her role on the team and others

We are talking about overall performance, of course it should be average of WHOLE league from the start. Coming from college to pro volleyball shouldn't be an excuse. Markova and many other did the same and still show a great performance. She has already played in vnl which is already a way higher level than NCAA.

Just because she had 2 okayish game doesn't mean all of a sudden she is one of the best outsides. She was terrible, and now she is less terrible

• That ranking is bullshit. A ranking considering Kunzler as 4th best outside (and better than Gabi) is dumbest thing ever. Based on your comments you don't sound the smartest guy around anyways so keep believing it.

• We are talking about overall performance, of course it should be average of WHOLE league from the start. Coming from college to pro volleyball shouldn't be an excuse. Markova and many other did the same and still show a great performance. She has already played in vnl which is already a way higher level than NCAA.

Just because she had 2 okayish game doesn't mean all of a sudden she is one of the best outsides. She was terrible, and now she is less terrible

You are off topic. We do not talk about the whole performace. We talking about if she is able to play for Milano and if she is better than their OH now and her really bad first period of customization it is not a presumption to be judged. All players have bad periods and these don't define them as players.

• That ranking is bullshit. A ranking considering Kunzler as 4th best outside (and better than Gabi) is dumbest thing ever. Based on your comments you don't sound the smartest guy around anyways so keep believing it.

I agree on the ranking comment. It gives too much weighting on serves and that is why Arina is number 1 in the ranking for example. Her attacking and receiving index are not the best.

Unfortunately, they used the same stupid formula for MBs etc.

When it comes to Bergmann, I would wait until the end of the season to see what she delivers. She was terrible until a month ago and now she is doing a very good job. But we don't know if she will flop or not next month. So far I don't see her being as a big signing like Markova, Arina etc.

When people don't understand what they read or see, they simply define it 'bullshit'. Rank index, simply indicates the players performance in their teams, using importance of the role, towards the win probability. This is a good indication to a player, about how he/she is doing in that respective team. This is something entirely different than the statistics, shared in the main page. (you can re-check the explanations, at the bottom of the page (rank index), for further details).

On the other hand, the statistics at the main page is also useful, which indicates, how each player is doing individually and independently but still having limited information (e.g 'Attack Efficiency, etc.'). However they are good reference tables. I remember that, when I used those tables in the past, you were cynical to those information and tables as well.

You just categorize users and and attack to those, who are not in line with your thoughts or opinions and I do not expect anything else from you.

If you find it 'bullshit' why don't you write to TVF, to remove that page from their site (or at least recommend something else which is true to you).

By the way, I never claimed that, I am the smartest guy around but a user who loves and enjoys volleyball.

• I agree on the ranking comment. It gives too much weighting on serves and that is why Arina is number 1 in the ranking for example. Her attacking and receiving index are not the best.

Unfortunately, they used the same stupid formula for MBs etc.

When it comes to Bergmann, I would wait until the end of the season to see what she delivers. She was terrible until a month ago and now she is doing a very good job. But we don't know if she will flop or not next month. So far I don't see her being as a big signing like Markova, Arina etc.

Game starts with serve and good server always push the opponent to mistakes or even reduce the possibility of opponent's efficient attack and demoralize. It is an exceptional skill and that is why, weight could be high.

• You are off topic. We do not talk about the whole performace. We talking about if she is able to play for Milano and if she is better than their OH now and her really bad first period of customization it is not a presumption to be judged. All players have bad periods and these don't define them as players.

With same logic, Every player can also have 2-3 good games but it doesn't mean they are among best players. Judging her based on a few good matches and forgetting her disastrous 15 matches doesn't make sense. All milano's oh s had a few good matches as well as Bergmann did.

• With same logic, Every player can also have 2-3 good games but it doesn't mean they are among best players. Judging her based on a few good matches and forgetting her disastrous 15 matches doesn't make sense. All milano's oh s had a few good matches as well as Bergmann did

You write inaccuracies and exaggerations. What you say is not true. Obviously you haven't watched all the matches in the Turkish league and I'm sure you haven't seen any matches in Italy. Well, Julia had three extremely bad matches at the start of the season one after another and that was it. Then I remember another very bad match against Fener. Then he performs well even from the first half having good performances or acceptables. This is far from what you have written which is based rely only on the BAD IMPRESSION that the first three games gave you and as I said before it is her first expirience in pro volleyball so it is normal to need some time. Her bad start does not make her bad. If she saddenly starts again to play bad for a lot of matches then ok but this thing did not happened until now. You are simply biased because of this or because Ze overestimates her, which is a fact since he has now taken Anthi out of the starting six and does not give her any chance after her injury despite the very good performance she had before she was injured. Or he didn't give Neriman a chance sooner.

Finally, in Italy, the OH of Milan, with the exception of one (as far as I remember) really good game of Sylla last week against Novara and a performance of Kara against not a strong team, no extreme ever performed well. Never. Their performance is always acceptable and mediocre at best. They don't have performances like Julia's good ones

• I know very well what criteria is used for that ranking. An average volleyball supporter can easily realize that Kunzler is not 4th best outside hitter with her terrible attacking and reception, whereas Ana Cristina is 27th and Hande is 28th, which shows how pointless the stat is. I don't have to write to TVF to remove it, I never use that ranking for a reference. I called it bullshit because according to that ranking rahimova is 2nd best opposite of the league despite of not getting more than 3 points at her last game and having 38% attack Ratio. And gicquel is third above Stysiak 🤦

All in all I'm not against stats, in contrast I find them very useful while evaluating a player's overall performance. I like the individual performance ranking although they are also far from perfect but not the 'best player ranking' used in tvf website. One can tell that algorithm used for the calculation is off based on checking who is at which place in the ranking.

• Game starts with serve and good server always push the opponent to mistakes or even reduce the possibility of opponent's efficient attack and demoralize. It is an exceptional skill and that is why, weight could be high.

I slightly disagree this. Serving is definitely important but they must be using some crazy weighting for it which explains Kunzler and Giquelle being well ranked.

If it was up to me, for MBs, I would weight blocking most, followed by attacking and then serving. It can be like 45%, 35%, 20% which would make more sense. Now it feels like serving is like 50% of the whole formula for everyone.

Same goes for OHs, isn't it more important how well they receive, then how well they attack, compared to how well they serve?

• Yea I'm actually a big fan of stats to remove perception bias, however TVFs stats are a mess lol, it doesn't take rocket science to figure the best position rankings are simply scuffed.

It's not that the data is wrong, it's that the data doesn't evaluate the input in a way that makes sense.